Prem Season - Man City first up!!

Tony F

I am thinking that I really have to go to this celebratory event - probably by train as I live in Wiltshire and getting onto the Saints coaches seems more trouble than worth. Anyone know about the stadium, pubs etc?

• 2 weeks later...
38 in lower tier and 48 in upper tier griffo.

welcome to the rip off of the premiership.mind you cant wait,good away day for all of us

I think they were last season's prices? Not sure. I took a guess of adding £2 on top of that.

Only concession last season seemed to be for under 16s at £20.

I think they were last season's prices? Not sure. I took a guess of adding £2 on top of that.

Only concession last season seemed to be for under 16s at £20.

That is ridiculous. No student or anything? I'll have to try get away with under 16 then.

When was the last time we sold out our full allocation North of the Midlands?

Probably Man City in the Premiership when tickets were a tenner and coach travel was a fiver?

Boro last season can't have been a long way off, although there were still a few empty seats around.

With the TV games I can't do City any more, but I can do West Brom on Bonfire nights (MNF) instead. Pretty pleased with that actually.

Boro last season can't have been a long way off, although there were still a few empty seats around.

With the TV games I can't do City any more, but I can do West Brom on Bonfire nights (MNF) instead. Pretty pleased with that actually.

There was nearly 1000 empty seats at Boro.

Would probably had gone if it wasn't on tv, however I can't really justify spending £100 on the whole day if it's on tv. Will probably save the money for a trip to The Emirates in Sept....

i know its on sky but its first time back in the premier and we should be there,times are hard but if we all took the line,its on tv,then no-one would go.

from london £56 return for an adult,16-25 railcard holder it will be £37 + whatever from southampton

I found 29 quid with a railcard from Euston. 7.90 to go up and 21 quid to come back. We're paying 24 quid to come back though, first class. Don't want to be sitting with peasants.

I found 29 quid with a railcard from Euston. 7.90 to go up and 21 quid to come back. We're paying 24 quid to come back though, first class. Don't want to be sitting with peasants.

i thought you were going up on the saturday,so maybe cheaper than the sunday

last time we were in first you got us in trouble from boro,i hope youre on your best behaviour

i thought you were going up on the saturday,so maybe cheaper than the sunday

last time we were in first you got us in trouble from boro,i hope youre on your best behaviour

We weren't in first class, we were standing by the doors! That's true actually, Saturday is cheaper. Had forgotten about that.

Can't wait for this. The Trains and Planes are quite pricey, so probably going to have to be on the Bingo Bus for this one.

dont know where you are in surrey but im in old coulsdon,day travelcard and £56 pound return from euston must be cheaper than having to go down for the bingo bus

Imagine in a couple of weeks or so.

I asked at the ticket office while picking up my ST and they said it's generally around 3 weeks before the game, so tickets will probably go on sale next week.

As for transport for this, planes and trains have proved too expensive (on a small budget), so i'll be going on Nick Gregory's away supporters coach. Cheapest option.

I'm willing to bet a significant sum of money, that it won't even reach general sale. Which is a bugger considering I'm living about a 2 minute walk from the Etihad at the moment...

i'll take that bet. it is going to be over £40 for some of the tickets, expensive transport on tv, to a ground we've played at before and will almost certainly lose.

I'd expect ticket details for this in the next few days now that all fixtures are confirmed with regards tv etc. As mentioned I'd think it'll make general sale too as it's on tv and a bit of a distance. Ticket prices likely to be £50 upper tier, that's high by anyones standards. Still... I'm in! Who else is making the trip?

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone explain why Man City v Qpr tickets are only £20 yet we have to pay 49 or 51 for our game.

City don't have categories, they just charge what they want per game. As we're the first game of the season and it's their first game as champions, demand will be high therefore ticket prices are high.

City don't have categories, they just charge what they want per game. As we're the first game of the season and it's their first game as champions, demand will be high therefore ticket prices are high.

Well I have just fired of an email to MCFC, hopefully I will get a response as I really cant see the justification in the difference in prices. £20 for under 16 compared to £5 for QPR and £49 for an adult compared to £20 for QPR is such a vast difference.

If they sell out then that will be justification enough - there will be enough people willing to pay that much so that is the price.

They've already completely sold out the home sections.

Will be interesting to see if Saints sell theirs - I've changed my mind having read people's comments on here, and have a feeling that they might not. But we'll see - I reckon it'll be close. If not, I suspect we could well have a few City fans in the away end...

Well I have just fired of an email to MCFC, hopefully I will get a response as I really cant see the justification in the difference in prices. £20 for under 16 compared to £5 for QPR and £49 for an adult compared to £20 for QPR is such a vast difference.

I just explained the reason to you.

Supply and demand, the demand will be greater for their opening game of the season, rather than QPR on a random weekend.

I just explained the reason to you.

Supply and demand, the demand will be greater for their opening game of the season, rather than QPR on a random weekend.

Y

Yes I understand what you are saying but I still dont think it is acceptable, they ripped us of before on ticket prices, when they play QPR they are still going to be champions so I cant see what the difference is other than ours is the first game of the season and on TV still does not justify IMO a £29 - £31 increase.

Y

Yes I understand what you are saying but I still dont think it is acceptable, they ripped us of before on ticket prices, when they play QPR they are still going to be champions so I cant see what the difference is other than ours is the first game of the season and on TV still does not justify IMO a £29 - £31 increase.

The fact they've sold out already justifies it, unfortunately.

The fact that they've sold out is all the justification they need.

If it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to ensure Arsenal tickets I wouldn't be paying it.

Don't now why you think tickets sold out, they are still available on line at the moment