Everton Away

Cheap train tickets have just gone on sale for this one. Be quick, they're going fast.

Cheers for the info :). Virgin are normally 2 weeks behind East Coast advance tickets going on sale and I'm glad I saw your post. I managed to get TWO yes TWO returns Glasgow to Kirkdale for under £30. Its on google that Goodison is a 15min walk from Kirkdale Station. Now fingers crossed I manage to get tickets for the away end ?

Booked 4 returns from London Euston to Liverpool today, £24 each. On the 08.07, gets up there about 10.15 I think.

Very much looking forward to this one, Goodison Park is one of the few non-modern stadiums left although I've heard the view from the away section is not great depending on where abouts you are. Never been to the city of Liverpool before either personally, and already looked up some top looking boozers online. In fact I found this pub crawl whilst having a browse around - http://www.roscoehead.co.uk/georgianpub.htm - May give it a go!

Booked 4 returns from London Euston to Liverpool today, £24 each. On the 08.07, gets up there about 10.15 I think.

Very much looking forward to this one, Goodison Park is one of the few non-modern stadiums left although I've heard the view from the away section is not great depending on where abouts you are. Never been to the city of Liverpool before either personally, and already looked up some top looking boozers online. In fact I found this pub crawl whilst having a browse around - http://www.roscoehead.co.uk/georgianpub.htm - May give it a go!

Liverpool is a fantastic city and Goodison is one of the best grounds in the country, IMO. The view is alright as long as you're not shoved at the back of the lower tier. Every time I've been we've barely had around 1000 there, so it's been pretty much stand where you want. Imagine we'll have a few more than that this time seeing as it's been a while.

Liverpool is a fantastic city and Goodison is one of the best grounds in the country, IMO. The view is alright as long as you're not shoved at the back of the lower tier. Every time I've been we've barely had around 1000 there, so it's been pretty much stand where you want. Imagine we'll have a few more than that this time seeing as it's been a while.

For an awful lot of fans, say under 24(ish) these are all new grounds so I would imagine our away following will go up quite a bit compared to the last time we were up there.

Last time I went to Goodison we lost 8-0, the minibus windscreen got smashed so we drove as far as Stoke in the freezing cold to change buses courtesy of Port Vale FC. Got back to Winch then walked 4 miles home in the ****ing rain, got in about 5am, played football the following morning and ended up with flu.

Happy days.

Edited by RonManager

Was that when we lost to a last minute goal, was on Sky? If so, that was my last visit there as well.

I remember Beattie possibly scoring a lob and then some foreign sounding Everton player scoring late on? Radzinski?

Don't remember that game but my last visit there was 2004. Best and Blackstock upfront and we lost 1-0 to a last minute winner. We have a terrible record up there.

Yep, it wasn't on Sky. Standard 3pm on a Saturday, what a joy!

• 2 weeks later...