Liverpool

Griffo

Train tickets for the 1st December just went on sale today. £49 return from Euston, f*cking hell. For exactly the same trip to Lime Street for Everton it was 20 quid.. The weekend before we're in Liverpool, the same journey can be done for 23 quid. Bit weird?

Give it a couple of weeks, that will more than likely come down in price I'd of thought.

Thought that myself, just bored so want to book it up now really. You going to get the train or come up with some new coach trip/business adventure for it?

Thought that myself, just bored so want to book it up now really. You going to get the train or come up with some new coach trip/business adventure for it?

Il be in Sheffield so will get the train up.

Nope, just the occasional mini bus for a select few from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think it is affected by Europa League as the game falls between Europa League weeks. Not sure about Sky but would imagine it's unlikely given the start both teams have made to the season, unless they see it as an early relegation six pointer.

If this is £42 plus tax (for a Cat C game!) - as per the away ticket prices thread - they can do one as I'm not paying that.

Isn't there still a chance of this match being moved as there are currently no live SKY fixtures listed for December. I also have no idea on Liverpool's potential UEFA cup schedule, could that lead to a move also?

No EL game for Liverpool the week before. And other fixtures that weekend include Man City v Everton, Reading v Man Utd and two London derbies in Fulham v Spurs and West Ham v Chelsea - 4 fixtures I'd consider more likely to be on TV than Liverpool v Saints.

And other fixtures that weekend include Man City v Everton, Reading v Man Utd and two London derbies in Fulham v Spurs and West Ham v Chelsea - 4 fixtures I'd consider more likely to be on TV than Liverpool v Saints.

Sometimes there is never any sense to the games SKY\ESPN pick so I think I will wait to book my train once these have been announced. There are usually 4 fixtures out of 10 moved per weekend so even though train prices will be more expensive personally I do not think it is worth the risk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ON SALE FROM MONDAY 12TH NOVEMBER

Saints have been allocated 1,958 tickets for the trip to Liverpool on Saturday 1st December (3pm kick-off).

Tickets will go on sale in the following criteria:

Monday 12th November Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least three games from Man City, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham & West Brom

Tuesday 13th November Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least two games from Man City, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham & West Brom

Wednesday 14th November Season Ticket Holders who purchased a ticket/tickets for at least one game from Man City, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham & West Brom

Thursday 15th November Any Season Ticket Holders

Tuesday 20th November Any supporter who purchased a ticket/tickets for least one game from Man City, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham & West Brom

Wednesday 21st November General sale

All sales dates are subject to remaining ticket availability.

Tickets are priced as follows:

£42 per adult

£31.50 per over-65

£15.00 per junior

We will also receive eight pairs of wheelchair user and Personal Assistant tickets priced at £31.50 per pair.

So, where are the cool places to go before the Liverpool game?

http://awaysupporters.co.uk/liverpool

The Arkles is alright; drank in the Wetherspoons before Goodison. Loads of places on Oakfield Road, but I have no idea whether they're home or away.

The real fun of the city is to be had at night. Rockers should probably the visit the Swan (if old like me) or the Krazy House (if younger). Do a wee bit of research before you come up. Pretty big places which caters to a lot of tastes and isn't ball-breakingly expensive. Plenty going on.

Ship & Mitre in the centre is the best for real ale and away fan friendly. £8 taxi ride to Anfield, or Merseyrail and a walk.

Translation: full of middle-aged weirdos who'll spend 90% of their time ogling at the only recognisable female.

It's alright I s'pose, but food is not great there. And it is a sausage fest.

If you want a quiet beer, head over to Goodison before the game and drink around there. We drank around Anfield before the Everton game; decent boozers, 10min walk from the ground, nice and quiet and no mongs throwing beer down themselves whilst singing OWTS out of tune.

this is the only reason that i drink before football

Translation: full of middle-aged weirdos who'll spend 90% of their time ogling at the only recognisable female.

It's alright I s'pose, but food is not great there. And it is a sausage fest.

I'd agree the food is expensive and not great, but find your other comments strange as I was introduced to the place by my daughter and her uni friends, none of whom are middle aged and quite a few are relatively young and female.

But I go there for the real ale, which is as good as anywhere in Liverpool. You clearly have different tastes and fortunately will probably be drinking elsewhere.

So which pubs would be full of 'flange' on a Saturday morning in Liverpool?

Well from about midnight to 5am, pretty much all of them. However, mid-morning - probably best to stick to touristy places where you may find some committed, usually Irish hen parties.

Of course, the sensible individual would be attempting to kill multiple birds with one stone. Coming to Liverpool just for the football is a bit like going to Alton Towers to ride on the fecking tea cups.

really looking forward to this one , despite the over priced tickets always enjoy going up to Anfield. I disagree with Pap , the nightlife is decent but not as good as he makes out in my experience. I find the city to be enjoyable for a day time session sampling some of the many old fashioned pubs that still exist , try having a bowl of scouse for lunch at the Baltic fleet pub down by the Albert dock.

for those of you who haven't been before I recommend watching this video to give you an idea what to expect

really looking forward to this one , despite the over priced tickets always enjoy going up to Anfield. I disagree with Pap , the nightlife is decent but not as good as he makes out in my experience. I find the city to be enjoyable for a day time session sampling some of the many old fashioned pubs that still exist , try having a bowl of scouse for lunch at the Baltic fleet pub down by the Albert dock.

It's not as good as London, but then it isn't as dear. So what, Liverpool scrapping it out with who? Manchester, Newcastle, Brum and possibly Leeds?

I don't even agree with Manchester, Brum or Leeds. Aside from London and (possibily) Newcastle, where else is better than the humble 'Pool for a night out?

It's not as good as London, but then it isn't as dear. So what, Liverpool scrapping it out with who? Manchester, Newcastle, Brum and possibly Leeds?

I don't even agree with Manchester, Brum or Leeds. Aside from London and (possibily) Newcastle, where else is better than the humble 'Pool for a night out?

Sheffield is a fantastic place for a night out. I would put it up there just behind Newcastle, and Liverpool.

Is there any free street parking in reach of Anfield? I've never been before and would like to know where I am best to head for in order to park. I am happy to park a mile or so from the ground.

Thanks! :)

Lots of resident parking zones in place around the ground and if you do find free street parking expect to pay the "mind your car for you mister" youngsters.

Sheffield is a fantastic place for a night out. I would put it up there just behind Newcastle, and Liverpool.

I went to Uni there it's really not that amazing, although decent. Liverpool is a top night out as is Leeds. Not a huge fan of Manchester and never done Newcastle.

I'll be going up Friday evening and staying with some friends on the wirral.

Is there any free street parking in reach of Anfield? I've never been before and would like to know where I am best to head for in order to park. I am happy to park a mile or so from the ground.

Thanks! :)

If a mile or so covers "just over", aim for Newsham Park. Loads of residential streets around it ( Boaler Street off Sheil Road is a good fit ). Leave your car, get on Shiel Road, then it's basically one long road with different names for each bit.

Shiel Road

Belmont Road

Oakfield Road

Like I say, all one continuous road. About 1.2 - 1.3 miles. Easy enough to walk; far enough not to be an obvious parking spot, which helps on both ease of parking and "mind your car, mister" shenanigans you might encounter.

Map link:-

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Boaler+St&daddr=Liverpool+FC&hl=en&ll=53.421557,-2.953758&spn=0.021815,0.066047&sll=53.423475,-2.95393&sspn=0.021814,0.066047&geocode=FY8ULwMdrQfT_w%3BFQRNLwMdO9LS_yH_cxniV2pXhCmLUwJLZSF7SDH_cxniV2pXhA&t=w&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=15

Not the best area, but should have no problems unless your car is awesome.

If a mile or so covers "just over", aim for Newsham Park. Loads of residential streets around it ( Boaler Street off Sheil Road is a good fit ). Leave your car, get on Shiel Road, then it's basically one long road with different names for each bit.

Shiel Road

Belmont Road

Oakfield Road

Like I say, all one continuous road. About 1.2 - 1.3 miles. Easy enough to walk; far enough not to be an obvious parking spot, which helps on both ease of parking and "mind your car, mister" shenanigans you might encounter.

Map link:-

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Boaler+St&daddr=Liverpool+FC&hl=en&ll=53.421557,-2.953758&spn=0.021815,0.066047&sll=53.423475,-2.95393&sspn=0.021814,0.066047&geocode=FY8ULwMdrQfT_w%3BFQRNLwMdO9LS_yH_cxniV2pXhCmLUwJLZSF7SDH_cxniV2pXhA&t=w&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=15

Not the best area, but should have no problems unless your car is awesome.

Thanks - that's great! :)

Hi Ladysaint. Think I got my Everton ticket off you. Great seats thanks. Stood beside Danny Fox. Poor guy hounded by teen girls.

If you still have the ticket by sat Ill have it. Can I stand beside Guly this time though?

Don't need the minibus though as i live up here.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

I'm driving to this match from Darlington if anyone wants to car-share - even for just part of the journey. I've put more details here: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?41411-Travel-to-Liverpool-for-those-in-the-North

This may apply to this traveling from the East Midlands or Sheffield and not just those going down from the North East or West Yorkshire (though if you are travelling from either of those, get in touch!)

Thanks!