West Brom - Monday 5th November

Lighthouse

Me and nipper going to this, cant not at those prices. Found this below for those driving

Private Car Parks

There are a number of private car parks within walking distance of The Hawthorns. Listed in order of closest proximity to the stadium they are:

Gill House: (Birmingham Road, B21 0AF, 60 spaces, £7, 100 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - The car park is located on the opposite side of the road from The Hawthorns, just past McDonalds restaurant if you are travelling from the direction of the M5 motorway.

ICS Distribution Ltd: (Halfords Lane, B66 1BP, unknown spaces, £5, 250 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take second exit off roundabout onto Kenrick Way - A4252 (signposted Oldbury, Smethwick) at reaching next roundabout take the 1st exit into Dartmouth Road (signposted Hawthorns Park and Ride) follow road around until you come to a set of traffic lights. Turn left at lights into Halfords Lane, continue along and the car park will appear on your left. The entrance is opposite the Hawthorns Rail and Metro Station car park just before you cross the railway bridge. From South: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fifth exit off roundabout and follow directions as for from North.

Hawthorns Rail and Metro Station: (Halfords Lane, B66 2DZ, 170 spaces, £5, 250 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - Directions as for ICI Distribution Ltd except for the car park will appear on your right.

Ceilings Distribution Ltd: (Halfords Lane, B66 1SA, 100 spaces, £5, 400 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - Directions as for ICI Distribution Ltd. The entrance, which is signposted 'Matchday Parking', will appear on your left just past the office block 'Hawthorns House'.

Park Lane Industrial Estate: (Park Lane, B21 8LE, 240 spaces, £4, 400 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - If you are travelling on the A41 towards Birmingham take the first turning on your left once you have passed The Hawthorns. Coming from the opposite direction take the last turning on your right before you reach the stadium.

Park Lane Secure Parking: (Park Lane, B21 8LE, 120 spaces, £3, 400 metres from ground, 5 minutes walk) - Directions as for Park Lane Industrial Estate.

Gordon Motor Services Ltd: (Dartmouth Road, B66 1BG, 100 spaces, £5, 700 metres from ground, 10 minutes walk) - From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take second exit off roundabout onto Kenrick Way - A4252 (signposted Oldbury, Smethwick) at reaching next roundabout take the 1st exit into Dartmouth Road (signposted Hawthorns Park and Ride) follow road around and the car park will appear on your left just before the set of traffic lights. From South: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fifth exit off roundabout and follow directions as for from North.

Lewisham Park: (Dartmouth Road, B66 1BG, 500 spaces, £5 minibus, £3 car, £1 motorbike, 700 metres from ground, 10 minutes walk) - Directions as for Gordon Motor Services Ltd, except for the car park, which is operated by Sandwell Council, is on the other side of the road.

East End Foods: (Birmingham Road, B71 4EA, 80-100 spaces, £5, 800 metres from ground, 10 minutes walk) - The car park is just off Junction 1 of the M5, on leaving the M5 take the A41 towards Birmingham and the car park will appear immediately on your right. If you are travelling from Birmingham follow the A41 towards the M5. The car park is on your left just before you reach the motorway island.

Europcar: (Birmingham Road, B71 4JZ, unknown spaces, £5, 800 metres from ground, 10 minutes walk) - The car park is just off Junction 1 of the M5, on leaving the M5 take the A41 towards Birmingham and the car park will appear on your right just after the entrance to East End Foods. If you are travelling from Birmingham follow the A41 towards the M5. The car park is on your left just before you reach East End Foods.

West Midlands Fire Service Training Centre: (Dartmouth Road, B66 1BG, 100 spaces, £3 (donated to charity), 800 metres from ground, 15 minutes walk) - Directions as for Gordon Motor Services Ltd except the car park will appear on your right.

Brasshouse Lane Community Centre: (Brasshouse Lane, B66 1BA, 80 spaces, £4, 800 metres from ground, 15 minutes walk) - From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take second exit off roundabout onto Kenrick Way - A4252 (signposted Oldbury, Smethwick) at reaching next roundabout take the 1st exit into Dartmouth Road (signposted Hawthorns Park and Ride) follow road around until you come to a set of traffic lights, turn right at lights and the car park will appear on your right. From South: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fifth exit off roundabout and follow directions as for from North.

National Metalforming Centre: (Beeches Road at the junction with Birmingham Road, B70 6QE, 65 spaces including 2 disabled spaces, £5, 1000 metres from ground, 15 minutes walk) - The car park is manned and covered by CCTV. From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fourth exit off roundabout, towards West Bromwich, (Birmingham Road), then first right into Beeches Road. The car park is immediately on your left. From South: As above but after leaving the M5 at Junction 1 take the first exit off roundabout towards West Bromwich, (Birmingham Road).

Batleys Cash & Carry: (Kenrick Way, B71 4LT, spaces and cost unknown, 1000 metres from ground, 15 minutes walk) - From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take second exit off roundabout onto Kenrick Way - A4252 (signposted Oldbury, Smethwick). Batleys will appear on your left once you have passed East End Foods. From South: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fifth exit off roundabout and follow directions as for from North.

Park Inn West Bromwich (Formerly The Moat House): (Europa Avenue, B70 6RS, 250 spaces, £5, 1000 metres from ground, 20 minutes walk) - From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take fourth exit off roundabout, towards West Bromwich, (Birmingham Road), then first right (Beeches Road), then second right (Europa Avenue). From South: Exit M5 at Junction 1. Take first exit off roundabout towards West Bromwich, (Birmingham Road). Take the first right into Beeches Road and then take the first right again into Europa Avenue. The Park Inn is situated on the right immediately after you go under the road bridge.

Street Parking

There is plenty of street parking available within the vicinity of The Hawthorns but Traffic Wardens do operate around the ground on matchdays so check for any restrictions before leaving your car. 'Red Routes' on certain roads were implemented from the start of the 2012/13 season but will allow for parking on weekends, Bank Holidays and after 6:30pm on weekdays. Kenrick Way and Telford Way are recommended, both are within 10-20 minutes walking distance of the ground and are particularly handy for a quick getaway after the match. (From North: Exit M5 at Junction 1, take second exit off roundabout. From South: Take fifth exit off roundabout). Vandalism, whilst fairly rare, has been reported in the past on cars left in streets.

Edited by Huffton

Who's going for this then? Ticket prices look pretty good for this, so I might give it a go.

Any reccomendations for decent pubs, easy places to park etc. from those who've been before.

Drank at the Royal Oak last time I was there. Walking distance from the ground. Saints fans took over the whole place and it was a top pre-match p*ss up. Was a while ago, it was snowing and I think Kevin Phillips scored for them to make it 1-1.

On line ticket site up to its usual tricks, woke up this morning and decided to go after all, went on line and after several failed attempts phoned them up to be told there are problems with on line sales. Now having bought one over the phone it appears at least one of my on line attempts did work so I may have a spare if anyone is interested - I won't know for sure til it actually arrives.

cant believe we cant sell this out.

fair play to the baggies on their pricing

bet when it comes to our london games there will be plenty moaning they cant get a ticket yet theyve a chance at a good price of an away trip to see saints here at the baggies

theres no excuse that you cant get home,

Not missing this, with a visit to The Vine before the game. Incredible pub, looks like a tiny back-street local from the front, opens up at the back to a huge covered courtyard with the best Indian bbq imaginable.

From what I remember, quite away fan friendly, unlike most pubs in the town centre.

Not missing this, with a visit to The Vine before the game. Incredible pub, looks like a tiny back-street local from the front, opens up at the back to a huge covered courtyard with the best Indian bbq imaginable.

From what I remember, quite away fan friendly, unlike most pubs in the town centre.

Looking forward to returning to The Vine, one of my fave away day pubs. Surprised we've still not sold out yet, especially with the woman at the T.O. claiming they expected to do so "quite quickly".

On line ticket site up to its usual tricks, woke up this morning and decided to go after all, went on line and after several failed attempts phoned them up to be told there are problems with on line sales. Now having bought one over the phone it appears at least one of my on line attempts did work so I may have a spare if anyone is interested - I won't know for sure til it actually arrives.

Bump