Fulham - 26th Dec

Merley Saint

Tickets are available now from Fulhams website in the Neutral area of Craven Cottage. http://shop.fulhamfc.com/events.aspx?section=eve&eventfilter=home

Boxing Day tends to be well attended and after missing out on Arsenal, Liverpool and QPR away, what with me not being a ST holder, I've decided this is the safest option. Registration is simple and adults are £35 a go.

Tickets are available now from Fulhams website in the Neutral area of Craven Cottage. http://shop.fulhamfc.com/events.aspx?section=eve&eventfilter=home

Boxing Day tends to be well attended and after missing out on Arsenal, Liverpool and QPR away, what with me not being a ST holder, I've decided this is the safest option. Registration is simple and adults are £35 a go.

I would have thought there will be a lot of S/T holders who cant go, that would get you a ticket. That way they get the points and you get to watch from the away end.

I would have thought there will be a lot of S/T holders who cant go, that would get you a ticket. That way they get the points and you get to watch from the away end.

Its in the same end and possibly behind the goal, unllike the away section which will be from the corner flag for a couple of blocks.

Points?? dont make me laugh.

Its in the same end and possibly behind the goal, unllike the away section which will be from the corner flag for a couple of blocks.

Points?? dont make me laugh.

As you say, it's almost a better option for season ticket holders, better view. Regardless, anyone who isn't a season ticket holder or doesn't have many aways next to their name should get on this asap, turn the whole stand into the away end.

Anybody going from the Thames Valley area, more specifically Maidenhead. I won't have a hire car this year and I don't think there's any public transport. Share expenses etc. natch..

Hi Suzy. I'll be driving from Maidenhead this year, i'm also going to be going on my own so plenty of room in the car. Want me to pick you up and get your ticket? I'll go down and collect it for you if you like so you dont have to pay the Cortese tax. I'll also put fuel and parking on the company so it'll be a free trip for you. What time do you want me to pick you up? Can leave anytime really if you fancy having a few beers pre and post match.

Damn, i've just remembered you've got me on ignore so wont see this. Oh well, your loss. Enjoy your day though, hope you get there okay.

Edited by Turkish
Needed reminding i'm on ignore

Hi Suzy. I'll be driving from Maidenhead this year, i'm also going to be going on my own so plenty of room in the car. Want me to pick you up and get your ticket? I'll go down and collect it for you if you like so you dont have to pay the Cortese tax. I'll also put fuel and parking on the company so it'll be a free trip for you. What time do you want me to pick you up? Can leave anytime really if you fancy having a few beers pre and post match.

Damn, i've just remembered you've got me on ignore so wont see this. Oh well, your loss. Enjoy your day though, hope you get there okay.

You two should talk more. I'll help out, just like Blair has in the middle east, that's all going so well.

I bloody love going to the football on boxing day. Best day of the year.

It's a pain in the arse. I don't want to miss it, but the lack of public transport is a real problem, as is trying to talk someone into driving while the rest of us get on the beer.

You two should talk more. I'll help out, just like Blair has in the middle east, that's all going so well.

Cheers Tokyo!:-) I've quietly ignored the offer... I've seen others of Turkish's posts, to be honest, and sometimes they're sensible. That one wasn't one of them.. Why does he keep on reminding people I have/had him on ignore?

• 2 weeks later...

:) looking forward to Boxing Day. Lots of saints Fans going to this One.

Pubs before the Game -

The Zulu Bar, on Fulham High Street has received several good reviews from visiting fans. The Eight Bells, near Putney Bridge tube station is also recommended, as is The Larrik, a little further along Fulham High Street.

Several pubs to the South of the Thames, in Putney, have also been recommended. The Dukes Head, in Lower Richmond Road, is recommended, providing excellent food and offering views over the Thames. The Bricklayers Arms, in Waterman Street, offers excellent real ales. However, pubs on this side of the river are a good 20-minute walk from the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this via e-mail from the Fulham website having registered for tickets in the neutral zone.

Dear supporter,

Fulham FC’s Boxing Day fixture against Southampton at Craven Cottage will go ahead as scheduled.

With industrial action disrupting public transport networks in the capital on Boxing Day (Wed 26th Dec), supporters are advised to plan travel in advance for Fulham’s fixture with Southampton that afternoon (3pm).

Fans should schedule a journey that allows for probable tube closures and very limited services by rail. The Club would recommend that supporters continue to closely monitor Transport for London updates for further information that might affect their plans.

Putney rail station will be closed and there are widespread line closures across the network in the capital. Updates can be found on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk.

All local bus routes will be operating to a Sunday service timetable. Information on bus routes that serve Craven Cottage can be found on the Transport for London website at http://www.tfl.gov.uk.

Important information for fans travelling by car can be found on the Hammersmith & Fulham Council website at http://www.lbhf.gov.uk. Please note that matchday car parking restrictions apply in zones X&Y.

Turnstiles open at 1.30pm and fans are advised to allow plenty of time for their journey in order to arrive early.

Thank you for your support,

Fulham Football Club