Norwich away

Graffito

sounds good can you give the details out is that ie is that return from london etc

London Liverpool St to Norwich. Now gone up to £24 or £28.50 if you want to get a return earlier than 8pm. Got to gamble on these or the or the rare bargains are lost.

Looking at doing this but check out this train times back for me!

Norwich 1735 back into Liverpool at 0034 changing 5 times!

I might be up for that game, Bazza. If I go I will drive. Can't give you a lift there, as I will be making the most of being down South, but could bring you back.

My concern would be the game getting moved. SKY Premier League televised games for that FA Cup weekend are, West Ham v Man Utd, Liverpool v Tottenham and Fulham v Chelsea and at this stage only the Liverpool V Spurs game is free from potential FA Cup involvement. SKY will no doubt select another two games to cover as they have done on the past if Man Utd and Chelsea are still involved in the Cup

Thats very kind of you, but you see you dont believe I live in Liverpool so you have contradicted yourself old bean.

Merely trying to help you resolve your identity crisis.

Very kind of you to take my beliefs into consideration, but you should only do that to a point. If you actually DO live in Liverpool, then my belief is a false one I'd do well to shed.

Nice opportunity to kill two birds with one stone & save a bit of money, surely? :)

Of course if I go and its a big IF as I shall have to run it by the wife then i shall be sure to look you up.

Yeah. It was a real shame that I didn't spot you in The Arkles. I'm still wondering why that was. Also surprised you never mentioned the spot of bother.

Yeah. It was a real shame that I didn't spot you in The Arkles. I'm still wondering why that was. Also surprised you never mentioned the spot of bother.
If you call that bother that went off about 1430? If I remember then you are a right one. I posted on here first so dont take the highground here young man, you know where I am. I know you are in a call centre in Shirley, Shirley.

If your think of travelling by train Group 4's are available all the way from around here to Norwich (kids under 15 - £1 return)

Eg. Adult return fare on Group 4 Salisbury to Norwich £37.15, and with these tickets you can travel on any train (and not specific trains as with The £16 retur n deal), plus tickets can be bought on the day of the game

If your think of travelling by train Group 4's are available all the way from around here to Norwich (kids under 15 - £1 return)

Eg. Adult return fare on Group 4 Salisbury to Norwich £37.15, and with these tickets you can travel on any train (and not specific trains as with The £16 retur n deal), plus tickets can be bought on the day of the game

Can you do the group 4 from Southampton on the day then ? was about to book advanced trains

but saw that Man u and chelsea still in the cup and our game could be moved

Can you do the group 4 from Southampton on the day then ? was about to book advanced trains

but saw that Man u and chelsea still in the cup and our game could be moved

Group 4's can normally be booked on the day

It's worth waiting as our game could still be changed for TV to 12.45 or late KO on Saturday or early Sunday match, but not to Monday as Burnley v Hull already booked for that slot

Group 4's can normally be booked on the day

It's worth waiting as our game could still be changed for TV to 12.45 or late KO on Saturday or early Sunday match, but not to Monday as Burnley v Hull already booked for that slot

Yes going to wait, group 4 save is ok on the day as you say, thanks

Well it's not going to be changing from that

Depends on whether Man United or Chelsea get through to the FA Cup 6th round. They both have televised Premier League games on 6th round weekend which would obviously be rearranged if they progress in the cup, which could leave our game open to be moved into their place. Currently on Saturday lunchtime it's West Ham v Man United and on Sunday it's Fulham v Chelsea.

Depends on whether Man United or Chelsea get through to the FA Cup 6th round. They both have televised Premier League games on 6th round weekend which would obviously be rearranged if they progress in the cup, which could leave our game open to be moved into their place. Currently on Saturday lunchtime it's West Ham v Man United and on Sunday it's Fulham v Chelsea.

And given Chelsea are playing their 4th round replay this Sunday, their 5th round tie wouldn't be played until Wednesday 27th Feb.... doesn't leave a lot of time for Sky to sort out a replacement game for the 9th/10th March weekend... or maybe they'd announce their choice of back-up game in advance of Chelsea's 5th round cup game? All that said, the Reading v Villa game is probably the stand-out candidate if they need to switch TV fixtures...

Edited by trousers

All that said, the Reading v Villa game is probably the stand-out candidate if they need to switch TV fixtures...

Perhaps, but the most attractive game won't necessarily be at the top of Sky's list at this stage of the season. There are some teams they need to fit games in for as each package that makes up the broadcasting contract with Sky and ESPN requires each team to be shown a minimum number of times.

tvschedule.png

While Reading haven't been on many times so far (5 to date with one more scheduled), Villa will have been shown 11 times by the end of March.

As the graphic below shows, last season, the vast majority of teams in the bottom half of the table only got the bare minimum 10 televised games, so I wouldn't necessarily expect to see Villa shown in April or May unless there's something to play for on the final day when they go to Wigan.

8+PL+Distrib.jpg

By the look of it, we're going to have to put up with a lot of Stoke on our screens in the last couple of months of the season :uhoh: :lol:

So we have to have a minimum of 3 more televised games?

I don't know for certain, but there isn't a single team who haven't had at least 10 televised games during a season in either 2011/12 or 2010/11, and you would imagine there are a number of clubs who Sky/ESPN would like to only show the bare minimum of.

I'd imagine the April fixtures will be sorted by the end of this month.

Would Sky be able to change the KO time given that the tickets have gone on sale or would've by the time they announce it? Wouldn't they just show the re-arranged fixture instead?

They can do what they want, more or less. It's possible that they'd just show the original game when it's rearranged, but I'd say it's probably unlikely as they'd have to find something else to show in those primetime slots.

Would Sky be able to change the KO time given that the tickets have gone on sale or would've by the time they announce it? Wouldn't they just show the re-arranged fixture instead?

They have already done that for Reading

Some Saints supporters I know who live near Reading, have bought tickets for our game there last week tickets say 3Pm kick off on Aprikl 6th, but game is now on TV either 12.45 on saturday or 8Pm on Monday, so they definatley can change time of game after tickets have gone on sale

By the look of it, we're going to have to put up with a lot of Stoke on our screens in the last couple of months of the season :uhoh: :lol:

Doesn't look like they are going to be on too much: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Just the May games left to pick now...fair chance our game at Spurs will be on I reckon and possibly the Stoke game if there's anything riding on it.

So we have to have a minimum of 3 more televised games?

When do you reckon the April sky fixtures will be announced Steve? Need to book Swansea but have a feeling they make stick it on the box.

It's my understanding that Sky have to pay each team for 10 appearances. If they choose not to show them that many times they still have to cough up for 10 but they are not bound by contract to show them the 10 times.

I am AWESOME!

We have to deliver 150 odd wedding invites to Krakow...

The DHL quote was insane because they will take up a Ryanair sized wheelie bag.

So I did some checking around and I can get back to UK on airmiles, fly Ryanair to Poland for a night with the in-laws, get the lads to pick me up and get me to the Norwich game and get back home to Salisbury in time for a couple of pints of 6X, and we saved 48 quid on DHL INC the match ticket cost...

So FMDP says? Good idea honey book it!

Result!

Won't have room for the Dxb Saints flag in my carry on bag but I'll be the one posting on the match thread just to annoy Eric & Ohio

I am AWESOME!

We have to deliver 150 odd wedding invites to Krakow...

The DHL quote was insane because they will take up a Ryanair sized wheelie bag.

So I did some checking around and I can get back to UK on airmiles, fly Ryanair to Poland for a night with the in-laws, get the lads to pick me up and get me to the Norwich game and get back home to Salisbury in time for a couple of pints of 6X, and we saved 48 quid on DHL INC the match ticket cost...

So FMDP says? Good idea honey book it!

Result!

Won't have room for the Dxb Saints flag in my carry on bag but I'll be the one posting on the match thread just to annoy Eric & Ohio

Impressed!

Impressed!

Cheers, tried like crazy to make it easier and take in the QPR game but with Stag weekend, printers of invites AND getting a sample of the Bridesmaid dress fabric JEEZ and the "we don't know when Reading game will happen" this was the one. It must be nearly 25 years since I last went for a midweek game which I THINK we lost but things were VERY hazy.

Thought it was all going to go bewbs up when the Ryanair website crashed on me twice but credit card says I only paid once so good to go.

Now have to PRAY your crazy snowy winter ends and the weather doesn't screw things up, Fog, snow, the wrong king of rain etc