Manchester United away

Mikey88

Just wondering how many people were planning on heading to this game with the Wigan match happening only a couple of days later? Our tickets arrived yesterday but personally can't see us selling out our allocation due to the timing! Also, for those that are going, does anyone know of any away friendly pubs near the ground or are we better sticking to the city centre?

Just wondering how many people were planning on heading to this game with the Wigan match happening only a couple of days later? Our tickets arrived yesterday but personally can't see us selling out our allocation due to the timing! Also, for those that are going, does anyone know of any away friendly pubs near the ground or are we better sticking to the city centre?

:)

Down the road from Trafford Centre there is a bar called the Naggs Head where we can pack it out with Saints Supporters. United supporters not welcome. Google and then give the pub a ring.

Got a ticket, but only now trying to figure out the best way to get there (and more importantly back).

Does anyone know how quickly you can get back to the train station after the match? The latest train I can get is at about 22:45 from Picadilly. Is that do-able? Been to OT a couple of times before so know it gets pretty congested around the ground after matches, but have never been in a rush to get back before.

If not, is there anywhere good to park as I may end up resorting to driving...

Got a ticket, but only now trying to figure out the best way to get there (and more importantly back).

Does anyone know how quickly you can get back to the train station after the match? The latest train I can get is at about 22:45 from Picadilly. Is that do-able? Been to OT a couple of times before so know it gets pretty congested around the ground after matches, but have never been in a rush to get back before.

If you are going to stay til the end of the game then that is pushing it. Remember you have 70,000 there - the trains near the ground are a nightmare.

It's 2.8 miles to walk:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Whitworth+St%2FA6&daddr=Sir+Matt+Busby+Way%2FB5188&hl=en&ll=53.465978,-2.272453&spn=0.059985,0.154324&sll=53.465978,-2.272496&sspn=0.014996,0.038581&geocode=FY7_LwMdPfHd_w%3BFRTHLwMd3xLd_w&gl=us&dirflg=w&mra=mru&t=m&z=13

This says 56 mins but assuming you ain't a fat b#stard you can scurry that in a lot shorter time than that. You could get some of the way and flag a cab - trouble is the traffic is heavy so it doesn't mean it'll be quicker. Plus if you do walk/run it in 30 mins (and even if you are a bit of an athlete you gotta remember that there will be tons of gormless gits around to weave in and out of so 30 mins is very optimistic) - you still have to get on the train at Piccadilly. The station can be busy with people who left early!

Sorry - I've no idea how early you have to leave to be able to get the train or tram back into Manc to get your train. Judging by the all empty seats you see at FT there on TV for night games I'd suggest half time.

Horrible away trip. Not surprised to see a lot of Saints fans sweeping this one off for Wigan. That said if Saints win at Man Utd then it will be a great one to say you were at. Here's hoping. Enjoy.

You'll make the 22.45 no problem, but if you really want to make sure leave the ground a minute or so before the end and jog down to either the rail or tram station.

Still should be fine, just leave a minute or two early and get down to the tram or train stop as quick as you can to be sure. Doesn't take an hour to get back into town after games.

But it is 20:00 kick off, which doesn't help. But thanks for the advice.

Ah, forgot that, still easily do-able as long as you're away early enough to avoid the queues at the station.

and that is the crux of the matter...

Wanna stay til the end to cheer Saints off just after they have scored the winner in the 92nd minute? No chance then of being able to catch the tram/train back to Piccadilly.

Dunno why but I think that those who are bothering to go may just be glad that they did. Stan James currently has us at 14/1 to win. Stick a tenner on to pay for the trip.