American History X.

OLYMPIC

Just watched this film for the second time and can't get over how good it is,Edward Norton providing one of his best performances and Edward Furlong is very good as the younger brother following in his older brothers footsteps.

I know the racial content might not be for everyone but i think the film does deal with the issue form different angles well.

I would advise people to give this film a watch to see Norton's character realising he has to change his ways and turn his back on the skinhead neo-nazi beliefs and lifestyle to try and safe his family.

I think mainly because of the content but if more gave it a chance they would be suprised although there is still some cringe moments because of the violence.

Also strange seeing Randy from My Name Is Earl being a nazi skinhead.

Almost as strange as seeing Earl from my name as Earl playing Dave in Alvin and the chipminks.

The kerb scene especially disturbing

Yeah i think that scene works the instant you see the bloke bite the kerb,then you know in your head whats going to happen but the tension still builds till the camera cuts away to his brothers reaction.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very good film, in particular as they explain why the racist characters are as they are, which makes the story alot more credible and gives you a fuller picture. My only problem with this film is it Norton seems to change his tune a little too quickly for me, and more time should have been given to see him go through the process of changing his views.

I haven't seen this film in years, then, yesterday I get three students handing in essays about it (they could choose any film) and then it appears here.

I think I'll have to watch it again, maybe with one of my classes. Isn't it great when you can watch a movie and get paid for it? Edward Norton can at times be superb, gotta love Fight Club too.

Fantastic film, beautifully shot. It's definitely in my top ten of all time.

The kerb scene was sickening, but not for why you'd think. The teeth on the pavement - it's one of those things you can feel in your teeth even though it's not happening to you - if that makes sense...