Panasonic’s Lumix DMC

saint francis

Hello

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC that I bought secondhand (off the mother in law - probably not significant).

It's stopped working.

When I turn it on it says "Remove lens cap" even though I've already removed it. That's it. Press any button: "Remove lens cap".

Now it turns out that the camera may have been dropped a distance of 1.18m on to linolium covered floorboards by somebody, not me. No visible damage.

So then, I only paid £50 for it. Is there any point taking it to someone for repairs, or should I just chuck it and get a new one?

Is "Remove lens cap" some sort of code?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Hello

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC that I bought secondhand (off the mother in law - probably not significant).

It's stopped working.

When I turn it on it says "Remove lens cap" even though I've already removed it. That's it. Press any button: "Remove lens cap".

Now it turns out that the camera may have been dropped a distance of 1.18m on to linolium covered floorboards by somebody, not me. No visible damage.

So then, I only paid £50 for it. Is there any point taking it to someone for repairs, or should I just chuck it and get a new one?

Sounds like the light sensor may have been broken or knocked loose. If you have good household insurance, claim on it for accidental damage! As to expensive to repair!!! ;)

Hello

It's stopped working.

Sounds like the light sensor may have been broken or knocked loose. If you have good household insurance, claim on it for accidental damage! As to expensive to repair!!! ;)

Hello

It's stopped working.

Have you tried leaving the lens cap on and seeing what message you get then?

I had a problem with my camera. It displays a message saying "batteries are too low to take pictures". I have tried everything I can think of to solve the problem, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas?

Hold them above your head?

Thanks for your suggestions. There's a little old style camera shop not far from me. It's not a chain, just a one man band and I bet the fellow inside knows all sorts and won't charge me for a chat. I bet he'll even get his tools out and have a fiddle if he's got time.