Derby away

Andy_Porter

Does anybody have any ideas for parking? Last time my old man went to Ikea whilst I went to the football but I don't think he will be so keen this time so I will have to drive myself :(

I'm really looking forward to this game, I would give a nut to get revenge against all those faggy bastards who were taunting the saints fans from behind a line of policeman.

The Brunswick on Railway Terrace is the other option on the pub front.

Certainly is if you like Real Ale. They even run their own micro brewery there and I beleive they have a good range of lagers as well. If I remember it's about a 15 minute stagger to the ground, but I was pretty hammered last time I was there, so take that as a complete guess :D

Certainly is if you like Real Ale. They even run their own micro brewery there and I beleive they have a good range of lagers as well. If I remember it's about a 15 minute stagger to the ground, but I was pretty hammered last time I was there, so take that as a complete guess :D

Went there a couple of years ago, and I've just driven past it this evening, you're certainly right on the staggering front!

Hi Eric, "on the beach" here (quick change of name as I'm no longer on...)

Can't make it to the match unfortunately - really p*ssed off about that.

I've been in the Brunswick half a dozen times over the last couple of months and can confirm that the range of home brews and guest ales is as big and good as ever. (if any one is into railway memorabilia this is the Pub for you - the original Midland railway was founded just up the road and this was part of the railway mens ccottages - worth going out the back door to have a look. The Midland Hotal next to derby station was the worlds first hotel built for a railway)

Right next door is the Alexandra, which has always been a real ale mecca (handy for you Eric before Ramadan!!).

Both are opposite the foot tunnel under the railway to Pride Park (not even 10 mins).

If any one is in Derby town centre and is really really into real ales, and the above two haven't satified you, probably the best weatherspoons in the country (for beer anyway) is the babbington Arms, in Babbington lane about 10mins from the station and the above mentioned Brunswick and Alexandra.

I was in there a couple of months ago and, I kid you not, they had 16 real ales on tap - heaven. The actually pub isn't anything to write home about though..

Might be out in Dubai later in the year

Cheers

pete