Watford

saint_bert

What with your team or Saints..? ;)

BTW, did you end buying that boat I suggested..?

Well, I do have a seat in the other end....

I'm afraid I didn't. A decent guy down the boathouse decided to let me take an old topper off of his hands for free, it needed a bit of work which cost around £50 or so, but it was well worth it. Don't get to use it as much as I'd like though. :(

Well, I do have a seat in the other end....

I'm afraid I didn't. A decent guy down the boathouse decided to let me take an old topper off of his hands for free, it needed a bit of work which cost around £50 or so, but it was well worth it. Don't get to use it as much as I'd like though. :(

At least you bought something though, and used it, which is all that matters. By the time you were ready to sail the weather had turned crap. August onward was a wash out. Don't worry, weather predictions for this summer are excellent. You can capsize that Topper until you're fed up with the bloody thing.

I always like to sail something big enough to take a wee picnic and alcohol on board with me and my friend. Something like a Albacore or a Kestrel [15-16ft]. For you wetsuited Laser sporty types, a Stratos would be appropriate. I quite fancy a bit more trapeze stuff before I get too old. Got 2 wetsuits that still fit at a squeeze. ;)

A few of us are going, my 5th away game of the season - hopefully my 10th away point! Lol.

Likewise I've never been there before either so some postings regarding the best boozers would be much appreciated.

I'd imagine we'll head up from Clapham Junction what with living in South London anyway.

I assume best route is via Clapham on to Watford Junction, any idea of best pre-match drinking den, never been to Watford before. Thx

Oddfellow's (fka Mac's Bar) which is now the closest pub to the ground (following the closure of the Red Lion) is an/the away pub. Although Watford fans are hardly hostile, there's nowhere 'out of bounds'.

Just bought 3 tickets for me and a couple of mates. Should be a good away day despite the fact our record at Vicarage Road is terrible!

Was wondering what the best train route is to get to the game? And how far is the ground from the station?

Just bought 3 tickets for me and a couple of mates. Should be a good away day despite the fact our record at Vicarage Road is terrible!

Was wondering what the best train route is to get to the game? And how far is the ground from the station?

We are also going up by train, best route is via Waterloo jthen ump on the tube across to Euston (Nothern Line) takes around 12 mins then train to Watford High Street(closer to the ground) or Watford Junction takes 20mins, you can go via Clapham Junction but there are no more than 2 trains per hour to Watford, so you could have a long wait.

Got my four tickets, also going by train. Going to aim to get up there early as it's our last London (sort of) game of the season. Are there plenty of places to drink near Watford high street station?

Quite looking forward to this one although Watford always seem to put at 3 past us.

We are also going up by train, best route is via Waterloo jthen ump on the tube across to Euston (Nothern Line) takes around 12 mins then train to Watford High Street(closer to the ground) or Watford Junction takes 20mins, you can go via Clapham Junction but there are no more than 2 trains per hour to Watford, so you could have a long wait.

Just go via Watford Junction, you can only get slow trains to High Street from Euston and the walk is about 10 minutes more from Watford Junction than from Watford High Street, whereas the train journey is about 25 minutes more, if you get an all stations train from Euston as opposed to a fast one. Also - I'd recommend the Clapham Junction way if you time it properly, it's the one I prefer and find much quicker generally when I travel down to So'ton.

to get to watfords ground from the station you have to go through the

city centre,loads of good boozers ,oneils,walkabout and the moon under the water which is a large wetherspoons,which is where 6 of us will be

Agree with Many posters that the Watford Junction Station is the better option.

From the Station its a 5min walk to the Town center, and you almost stumble upon the Wetherspoons.

The spoons will be our haunt too, its safe with a good mix of home and away fans, and even better... it opens at 9am!!!

For a wider choice of pubs/bars... turn right at the corner opposite the Wetherspoons and walk under the flyover, towards the top of the town Center and you have a whole stack of both chain and independent pubs in the 'entertainment quarter'

However its the Wetherspoons for us 'local' Saints. A few of us will be in there nice and early for breakfast-and-a-pint.

COYR

Hemel Saint

We'll be there about half 10 doing exactly the same! Looking forward to it.

Will see you there chaps.

hopefully!

I am in Hemel about 10 miles from Watford.

The Snow came early in the morning and dumped around 4 inches on us.

Its still snowing quite heavily at 8.30am.

Local news is saying it will stop around lunchtime.

The main issue will be if the snow freezes overnight, and compacts into ice.

Best advice is to see what its like this afternoon and what the local forecasts are predicting for overnight...

Hope its on, and will see some of you in the Spoons, hopefully!

Cheers

Hemel Saint

Will see you there chaps.

hopefully!

I am in Hemel about 10 miles from Watford.

The Snow came early in the morning and dumped around 4 inches on us.

Its still snowing quite heavily at 8.30am.

Local news is saying it will stop around lunchtime.

The main issue will be if the snow freezes overnight, and compacts into ice.

Best advice is to see what its like this afternoon and what the local forecasts are predicting for overnight...

Hope its on, and will see some of you in the Spoons, hopefully!

Cheers

Hemel Saint

Ok - cheers.

If i remember correctly it was yourself & Berkhamstead (sp?) Saint that we met in the Spoons at Watford last year. Berkhamstead Saint sits in the same row as us in the Northam!

Ok - cheers.

If i remember correctly it was yourself & Berkhamstead (sp?) Saint that we met in the Spoons at Watford last year. Berkhamstead Saint sits in the same row as us in the Northam!

Yes mate, I will be there with Berk Saint (sorry meant Berkhampsted Saint).

Be good to see you there. Should be in around 9.30am.

Cheers

Hemel Saint

Yes mate, I will be there with Berk Saint (sorry meant Berkhampsted Saint).

Be good to see you there. Should be in around 9.30am.

Cheers

Hemel Saint

What chances would you say there are of the game being called off? BBC's forecast doesn't predict much snow but looks like its going to get down to minus 5 tonight in Watford which would obviously freeze the pitch. I don't suppose Watford have undersoil heating?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got student and adult tickets for the game. The student ticket has a detachable stub but not the adult ticket which consists of only the section you would retain after going through the turnstile. ie nothing to be torn off at the turnstile.

Is that the same with everyone else's tickets?

I've got student and adult tickets for the game. The student ticket has a detachable stub but not the adult ticket which consists of only the section you would retain after going through the turnstile. ie nothing to be torn off at the turnstile.

Is that the same with everyone else's tickets?

I have adult tickets and they all have a part saying "to be given up" - hope that helps!