Photographing officers of the law to be made illegal

Sheaf Saint

I agree. I have long been photographing policemen and now have a collection of 143 pictures of officers in various poses. It is outrageous that I am being banned from my hobby by the loony left commie treehuggers. This is PC gone mad, not that I'll be allowed to take pictures of any more PCs, mad or not.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Just another example of Human Rights abuses by those in positions of power. S44 of the Terrorism Act indeed. Whoever gave the power of discretion to the shaved gorillas that are the run of the mill Police Constables in this country wants to take a long hard look at themselves, preferably from within the confines of a hospital for the criminally insane.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I agree. I have long been photographing policemen and now have a collection of 143 pictures of officers in various poses. It is outrageous that I am being banned from my hobby by the loony left commie treehuggers. This is PC gone mad, not that I'll be allowed to take pictures of any more PCs, mad or not.

I think you'll find that oppressive behaviour of this sort is usually the remit of the right rather than the tree-huggers. Admittedly old Joe Stalin wasn't keen on anyone photographing the goings-on of the NKVD but in the main it's a right-wing dictator thing.

What an absolute annoying **** that guy is.

Irrespective of that, it does make you wonder when the police aren't even aware of the law themselves and make it up as they go along.

I would strongly advise all photographers to digest the contents of the guide linked on the page and carry a copy around with them in their camera bag.

Never found myself photographing any police officers in my many years of taking pictures to be honest. Do wonder what this means for such photographers which are hired for BBC News and other outlets.

Anyway, what a **** that guy is on Youtube.

Quick look at his profile:

YouTube is victimising my channel & suppressing the statistics & honours for my films. I have kept a record of this & continue to montor their unfair actions against me.

My channel has always been in good standing with YouTube. I use all my own footage and, where applicable, I have permission to use and publish music I use. I am not in breach of any corporate copyright regulations. I am currently in the process of putting all the evidence into a video, where you will be able to see for yourself.

I really don't think he gets the irony if he's planning to put the video of evidence on Youtube.