Is out today.
Anyone planning to get it?
If you do, can you let me know if it's worth getting - to play with my 3 year old of course
I thought that it wasn't out until tomorrow?
Just check Play.com and they are selling it now so must have been wrong? I'm going to order it now so will let you know in a few days what its like
It's not what I was expecting, but a fun game nonetheless.
What is it about? The trailer is confusing...
You start as a 'cell', then upgrade your 'creature' doing various things, and progressing up the evolutionary scale.
Originally Posted by Mattio
Eventually you leave the planet and end up in space.
I guess it's a cross between a 'civ' type game and 'black and white' really...
The game is basically split into 5 mini games.
1) You are a microbe type tiny thing, swim around, eat stuff, grow bigger
2) You the above creature evolved with legs, run around, eat stuff, grow bigger
3) You are a tribe, controlling multiples of your creature, run around, eat stuff, make village bigger
4) You are in control of a city. You build a few tanks n planes, fly around, bomb stuff, grow (your civilzation) bigger
5) You are space faring nation, you fly around, conquer stuff and get (your species) bigger.
The "twist" if you will, is that you can modify any aspect of the creature, its features as weapons, legs, arms, eyes etc, tho ultimatley this makes sod all difference, for example why would you WANT to create a creature that has no chance of survival.
Its actually a pretty good game and has eaten up a good couple of evenings, I understand that the "space" stage is where things really get interesting, which is where I got up to last night
The space race is a bit tricky.
Lots of unhappy people.
And before you ask, no you can't have more than one spaceship - except allied ones, but they die VERY quickly, and the allies join the unhappy ranks...
I am still waiting for my copy to arrive. Play apparently posted it last Friday but its still not here. Rubbish