Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Points deduction says the distinction to the holding company was moot.

Yes, as far as the football league were concerned. Legally, it never happened (to the football club)....

Might be better to compare CVAs. Now, we definitely didn't have one of those :)

Edited by trousers

The Portsmyths are in full swing on POL

To be honest you can combine the histories of Reading, Southampton, Bournemouth and Brighton and still not get anywhere near ours though.

Scum now have more than us- absurdly, implausiby, unbelievably, yet it is so- by default. They are going to rack up more seasons in the top-flight until the likes of Leeds, Derby, Forest and Sheffield Wednesday get their acts together. So long as the Watfords, Bournemouths and Swanseas populate the division they are safe. Combine the elevation of those clubs with a poor successor to Koeman, a drying up of the academy and some more of the dubious signings they have made this summer, and then...

They are a feeder club for the top few and no more than that. They will go down, but it will be some time before they do.

If you count it in straight seasons, then yes the scummers have more. If you count it in years, then we have more ie we were still a top flight for the seven war years.

If you count it in percentages as a proportion of our time in the top flight compared to the other leagues, then we win on seasons and years. A nice one for the scummers there.

It's not how long you spend in thee top flight it's what you do with it.

By the way, there are a lot of the stripey boys who want us to get through, so that they can stuff us in the next round. As if. LOL

:mcinnes:

This is why we need to play them and beat them. One win against the Daggers and one against Derby and suddenly they're the bestest team in the whole wide world. :facepalm:

For balance, there is one comment which sees past the portsmyths but I presume he's a jealous scummah in disguise

Fans of which team do you think would change places with us? Reading, brighton and Scum are miles above us, have better training grounds and stadia. Bournemouth are embarking on their maiden prem season. Maybe we should crow when we don't have to crick our necks looking up.. Till then the cup is a nice distraction and can keep us dreaming, but ultimately I'd be far happier getting smashed by reading and getting promoted from the league than I would taking a cup run and damaging promotion chances. look at what we've actually beaten so far.... teams like Dagenham and a championship C team. Its a very long season ahead and the league is all that matters..... Lest we have Eastleigh giving it large next year

If you count it in straight seasons, then yes the scummers have more. If you count it in years, then we have more ie we were still a top flight for the seven war years.

If you count it in percentages as a proportion of our time in the top flight compared to the other leagues, then we win on seasons and years. A nice one for the scummers there.

What.

Nice to see the delusion is alive and kicking

Also very amused on the ways in which they are trying to come up with new FACTS to prove they are better than us (the one about us being relegated had me chuckling)

The entire argument is done. They used to be good, they aren't any more, they had a brief flash in the pan by overspending and will continue paying the price for that stupidity for quite some time to come.

By contrast, Saints grew and grew, spent nearly 30 years in the top flight, lost it due to poor financial management (but nowhere near to the extent of that lot) and are now back in the top flight with an owner determined not to overextend the club ever again. Europa will probably have an effect on our league position this year but there are many more teams who will still not perform as well as us so we're not going down. The money coming in next year just cements our position yet further. The squad will continue to improve, the academy isn't going to do anything other than keep churning out the talent.

The argument is done. We are simply better

Also quite amused by the 'feeder' club accusation.

If the price is right and it's right for the club, anyone is for sale. And that's true for ANY team in the pyramid.

However if by feeder club the skate was referring to us selling some top top talent at the right price which is then immediately reinvested in the squad then I'm actually quite happy to be referred as such. ESPECIALLY if we get another situation where a player gets big headed, engineers the move and goes on to struggle while we walk away pocketing 20million and picking up a better replacement for a fifth of the cost.

Yep- definitely a feeder club.

There is no point in trying to debate with anyone who has the IQ of a doorstop.

As the booing dies down (and gets written out of history) and the plucky cheers return to Fatpipes it'll only get worse...

I guess I just can't quite believe that anyone could be *that* delusional and so desperate to prove that their club is somehow better

Yeah it's been St Fairies for a while, like every bro is a homo just for going, which obviously makes them nasty peeps, and when it's not that it's Little Delhi, like there is foreigners about, and you know how we fear people what is different, both of those names is soooo clever and funny!

Or they would be if it was 1962 and you were a racist comic playing a ****ty working mens' club in the north.

Thankfully in 2015 that kind of language just makes you stand out as a little bit special.

Joint second if we don't mind splitting hares. (subtle gypsy joke there)

They've had a good start to the season, as they did last year. However, this season they are looking better and consolidated after all their struggles. Most on POL are feeling very confident.

It will be a more interesting season this time for both the skates, and anyone hoping to see them fail.

Since when did football introduce joint top as a league position?!

That's like saying we claimed second behind Everton in the game at the weekend...

Either way I've had a look today and we still seem to be in the Premier League and they are still joint toppest in whatever division is just above the Dockyard League.

Joint second if we don't mind splitting hares. (subtle gypsy joke there)

They've had a good start to the season, as they did last year. However, this season they are looking better and consolidated after all their struggles. Most on POL are feeling very confident.

It will be a more interesting season this time for both the skates, and anyone hoping to see them fail.

That is the sum total of the support I trust?

The Portsmyths are in full swing on POL

:mcinnes:

This is why we need to play them and beat them. One win against the Daggers and one against Derby and suddenly they're the bestest team in the whole wide world. :facepalm:

For balance, there is one comment which sees past the portsmyths but I presume he's a jealous scummah in disguise

That quote at the bottom was made by someone on this forum ;) I'd bet substantially on it ;)

I guess I just can't quite believe that anyone could be *that* delusional and so desperate to prove that their club is somehow better

I know, I mean Jesus, I was a Newport County season ticket holder in the Beazer Homes Midland Division in 1995 but I'm most going to spend 2 seconds trying to somehow prove that they're a bigger club than Cardiff City, even if County did finish above them for a brief time in the mid 80s when they achieved some of their highest ever league finishes and Cardiff were a terrible 4th tier side. I also saw County beat them in Division three in 1982/3 and in the Welsh Premier Cup once - even so, poky bottom division side not bigger than currently much more successful recent FA Cup Final losing rivals.

Since when did football introduce joint top as a league position?!

That's like saying we claimed second behind Everton in the game at the weekend...

Either way I've had a look today and we still seem to be in the Premier League and they are still joint toppest in whatever division is just above the Dockyard League.

Yes, but this is a Pompey fan we are talking about. Goal difference obviously doesn't count and they are the absolute bestest who will walk the league AND the league cup. He was in full 'Pompey are amazing' flow today!

The spelling and grammar alone says it all

(I have to say in this age of auto-correct on most phones and tablets, I find it amazing how anyone can be so illiterate online. Unless of course there is an app which deliberately spells words wrong for them so they can understand what other people are saying)

Also nice to see them still harp on about one game where the result went their way, conveniently forgetting the FACTS of HISTORY where, down the years, we have spanked them more times than they have managed against us. Still I see no reason to let the FACTS get in the way of a good argument.

"Frankly, taking 1500 to Arnham given the circumstances is pathetic." - the circumstances being we were only given 1500 tickets.

"Southampton hasn't beaten us in over 10 years" - yeah, because you've been too busy plummeting down the Football League.

I just find Skates funny now, it's hard to hate such a sorry excuse for a club, having a pop at them is just like kicking a tramp.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})