Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The repayment schedule may have had a high rate of interest, and paying it early may have brought down the overall cost.

Then again this is Pompey, so I imagine they screwed the creditors again.

Guessing that all that happened is that they paid in full, but early to save on the interest. Which is what we were saying they should have done months ago. Admittedly we were suggesting it on moral grounds rather than financial ones - but they do appear to have used the last PP to pay it off... once they'd made sure there weren't any repayment fees and suchlike.

Such a lot of effort and boosting for doing what they should have done in the first place.

Pompey international duo out of action

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-international-duo-out-of-action-1-6341552

I love it when Neil Allen does tinpot stories like this, they are so desperate! Whatmough has withdrawn from the England U-19 squad having originally been a standby and Drennan is on loan from Aston Villa and in the Republic of Ireland U-21s! :lol:

The fact a L2 defender is even near the England U19s says a lot for the limited number of English players coming through.

Yes, I can imagine that Mandy's just chuffed to bits that her ever-loving husband has made a "generous contribution to Andy Awford’s Pompey academy fanfunding campaign", and she's got a birthday greeting on their web site. And not just any old greeting - it's a personalised one. She'll be putting out big time tonight and no mistake.

When's a dive not a dive? When it's a tented elephant ballooning from the 10 meter board and displacing enough water to fill refloat the Victory? Well, yes, there's that, but if you're a fish fiddling cheat it's also throwing yourself to the ground in the penalty area when brushed by a passing sleeve.

'With the penalty decision, Ricky played for it and that is what players do – we teach our 14, 15, 16 year-old kids to do that.'

‘That is not diving – and he hasn’t dived – but you wait for contact and if there is contact over you go. That is the game.'

‘Ricky has done it brilliantly, great play from him for that part of it, but in my opinion the referee has got that wrong.'

:mcinnes:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/awford-blasts-refereeing-mistakes-1-6344405

When's a dive not a dive? When it's a tented elephant ballooning from the 10 meter board and displacing enough water to fill refloat the Victory? Well, yes, there's that, but if you're a fish fiddling cheat it's also throwing yourself to the ground in the penalty area when brushed by a passing sleeve.

'With the penalty decision, Ricky played for it and that is what players do – we teach our 14, 15, 16 year-old kids to do that.'

‘That is not diving – and he hasn’t dived – but you wait for contact and if there is contact over you go. That is the game.'

‘Ricky has done it brilliantly, great play from him for that part of it, but in my opinion the referee has got that wrong.'

:mcinnes:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/pompey-latest/awford-blasts-refereeing-mistakes-1-6344405

Not sure if any Hampshire parent wants or needs another reason to send their nipper to Staplewood over whatever local rec' they're training on but nice one Awford, you've managed to dig one out there!

They truly are a repulsive Club.

Personally I'm just pleased that we have established the reason for the cup exit, it's that old favourite, no.35 in the Nutjob Almanack....

The referee cost us the game because

a. it was too big for him.

b. he was intimidated by the lack of spectators.

c. he had an email from the Football League.

From the evidence on this occasion it sounds like a case of 35a, and certainly nothing to do with poor players badly managed, or being coached to dive from an early age.

Personally I'm just pleased that we have established the reason for the cup exit, it's that old favourite, no.35 in the Nutjob Almanack....

The referee cost us the game because

a. it was too big for him.

b. he was intimidated by the lack of spectators.

c. he had an email from the Football League.

From the evidence on this occasion it sounds like a case of 35a, and certainly nothing to do with poor players badly managed, or being coached to dive from an early age.

No talk of players being carried off on the fans shoulders, and glorious speeches made on the battlefield of Frattton by the News then?

Tesco, which has two smaller stores in Margate, said its change of plan was the result of shoppers switching from large stores towards neighbourhood outlets and the internet. “We are reducing the number of large stores we open each year as a result of changing customer shopping habits. After careful consideration we have therefore decided not to pursue a new large store in Margate,” a spokesman said.

The latest retreat comes after Tesco mothballed two new supermarkets in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, and Immingham, Lincolnshire, as it reassesses its strategy under new chief executive Dave Lewis.

No doubt Robinson is not at all worried! I expect confirmation from Neil Allen soon.

In fairness, Robinson can sell or lease the consented site to any expanding supermarket who wants big new stores of course...

Errmmm...

Edited by TopGun

It'll come. Give it time.

Third store that Tesco has mothballed since their new boss took over recently!

No doubt they are already begging Tesco behind the scenes not to let the bestest club in the world lose out from their mothball programme...

It's all right, if Tesco don't want the brand spanking new superstore, that the property developer is building and leasing to them, then Sainsburys are ready and willing to step in to fill the void.

Who wouldn't want a superstore on the sceptic isle next to the home of the most passionate, bestest football fans in the land, nay the world....

It's all right, if Tesco don't want the brand spanking new superstore, that the property developer is building and leasing to them, then Sainsburys are ready and willing to step in to fill the void.

Will be very interesting to see if building work really does get underway on November 1, as claimed last month.

a_229659a.jpg

Just occasionally, information comes my way from impeccable sources, so what I am going to divulge tonight, “nutjobs” can take as 100% verbatim. I would not post if I wasn’t convinced it was the truth. This is not idle gossip take it from me.

There is, apparently, massive tension between Andy Awford and McInnes, in fact the relationship is so bad it is fair to say they both hate each other. Not healthy I would say.

“Champagne Ian” never rated “Andy Awful” in the first place (you might remember Awford was not considered up to the task when they instead went for Richie Barker) and I gather the chairman has since been interfering on football matters and even setting up potential transfers without AA’s knowledge.

The story gets more intriguing, as it appears everyone’s favourite journo, Neil (Paragraph) Allen has now been dragged into the crossfire as Awford suspected a story The News ran was planted by McInnes. He, not surprisingly, was furious.

Awford hasn’t the clout (yet) to ban The News himself, but took revenge by curtly and pointedly only answering "yes" or "no" to any of their questions at press conferences pre and post-match.

The bottom line is Awford and McInnes have no mutual trust whatsoever and the relationship between the two is at breaking point and will only end in tears.

You heard it here first.

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella

Just occasionally, information comes my way from impeccable sources, so what I am going to divulge tonight, “nutjobs” can take as 100% verbatim. I would not post if I wasn’t sure, 100% it was the truth. This is not idle gossip take it from me.

There is, apparently, massive tension between Andy Awford and McInnes, in fact the relationship is so bad it is fair to say they both hate each other. Not healthy I would say.

“Champagne Ian” never rated “Andy Awful” in the first place (you might remember Awford was not considered up to the task when they instead went for Richie Barker) and I gather the chairman has since been interfering on football matters and even setting up potential transfers without AA’s knowledge.

The story gets more intriguing, as it appears everyone’s favourite journo, Neil (Paragraph) Allen has now been dragged into the crossfire as Awford suspected a story The News ran was planted by McInnes. He, not surprisingly, was furious.

Awford hasn’t the clout (yet) to ban The News himself, but took revenge by curtly and pointedly only answering "yes" or "no" to any of their questions at press conferences pre and post-match.

The bottom line is Awford and McInnes have no mutual trust whatsoever and the relationship between the two is at breaking point and will only end in tears.

You heard it here first.

not really surprised especially when you get a bunch of amateurs has directors running the club.

Tis true - Awford is currently snubbing The News, which is no mean feat when you are in York or Hartlepool and there are only two journalists in the room!

I believe that questions about the Connolly mystery started the latest sulk.

Either way they should be okay tomorrow as they have managed to find a fixture against a club below them in the league.

How can this story be true, everything is rosy (or is that Rosie) at fortress farton, debt free, just outside the playoffs, Tesco development ready to go, lots of academy kids coming through who will yield good transfer money and an award winning journalist.

Where can it all go wrong.

You heard it here first.

Just the recipe for another season in league two.

Apparently the player McInnes wanted to sign is doing well with another club and everytime he scores McInnes gets more hacked off with Awford.

So we're looking at the first foot on the first rung of the new spending ladder. This is going to be fun.

Allen's spin now Awford is blanking him will be interesting. Apparently the player McInnes wanted to sign is doing well with another club and everytime he scores McInnes gets more hacked off with Awford.

This is the issue with fans as chairmen. At some point they revert to type and believe they have a better grasp of football than the professionals.

Allen's spin now Awford is blanking him will be interesting. Apparently the player McInnes wanted to sign is doing well with another club and everytime he scores McInnes gets more hacked off with Awford.

I never thought Costa would sign for Pompey anyway.

Tis true - Awford is currently snubbing The News, which is no mean feat when you are in York or Hartlepool and there are only two journalists in the room!

I believe that questions about the Connolly mystery started the latest sulk.

Either way they should be okay tomorrow as they have managed to find a fixture against a club below them in the league.

There's no mystery about Connolly, our agent is performing above his remit.

Sorry if this has already been posted but it popped up on my newsfeed earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/pompeypress

Skyscraper City!:mcinnes::lol:

Very funny that. Also, did anyone see Ian Abrahams (Moose off Talk Sport) tweet today and the subsequent comments he got from Skates. They need to make their minds up, do they want a shiny new ground (not going to happen anyway) or are they happy to be in League 2 where its "real" football.

Very funny that. Also, did anyone see Ian Abrahams (Moose off Talk Sport) tweet today and the subsequent comments he got from Skates. They need to make their minds up, do they want a shiny new ground (not going to happen anyway) or are they happy to be in League 2 where its "real" football.

He's doing some great trolling . latest one was along the lines of " Boring 0-0 spent all game talking about another south coast club to Alex Crook" .

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})