Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I just keep wondering why they don't manage to make their huge crowd advantage, count financially down in that division. I see Hereford with average crowds of between 3,500 and on occasions over 4,500 are blowing away all competition in the ninth and eighth tiers of English football. It must take a special ineptitude with that advantage to remain rooted in the fourth tier of English football.

Sorry Sue....it's all gone a bit dull since season ticket money was used to pay for their hero manager to **** prossies behind a skip in an industrial estate as he masterminded their relegation.

That was the kind of thing that went on a weekly basis, and we just became used to it.

Are they still trading?

Just scrolled through twitter to see if I could find anything else amusing.

A fake account managed to troll Pompey fans by thinking they had sold their star player Chaplin

A fan was tweeting Crouch, begging him to move back to Pompey to end his career there.

And a couple of others were moaning that they hadn't won the FIFA award for best fans.

Just scrolled through twitter to see if I could find anything else amusing.

!

!

And a couple of others were moaning that they hadn't won the FIFA award for best fans.

Yeah we all know the bestest would never, for example, boo a young opposition player who'd broken their leg :mcinnes:

Edited by Waterside.saint

There are two things that will always raise a smile on a dull day, one is the original statue of Ted - the other is a big pink wardrobe in a swimsuit going off the top board with the grace of a wheelbarrow of rubble, gliding like a concrete slab, and emptying a swimming pool.

Some more potential lols - Paul Cook's the favourite to take over as the next Chesterfield manager

It'd be tough to deny him a move up a division

Hopefully they do. They hate him down there and he seems to be unable to get the squad with the largest budget (I would imagine, I haven't checked if this is factual) out of the worst division in the FL.

Also, why would he want to leave?!? They're sleeping giants and with that fanbase, I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave... Perhaps it's the pressure of expectation he can't handle :lol:

New Pompey focus on achieving success through an intensified focus on what can be achieved by breathing not brick carrying:

‘This is a time for focus and what can be achieved. ‘It’s time to focus on what can be achieved – and it’s down to me to achieve it.’ Cook now wants his players to intensify their focus on what is required to hit their target over the second half of the season.

Cook added: ‘Portsmouth Football Club is the story. ‘But these lads now must be allowed to breathe and deliver what they’re here for. ‘The pressure at this club gets cranked up by the day. The pressure is around to get promoted. ‘If we speak about it every day, every disappointment is going to be another brick to carry.

No, he joined them for the love of it, and that went for the backroom staff and players as well.

Many took pay cuts - none of them grabbed at the longest contracts in League Two on inflated wages through greed.

It's all about the honour of playing in front of the nearly sold-out, nearly fan-owned, fat-free faithful.

New Pompey focus on achieving success through an intensified focus on what can be achieved by breathing not brick carrying:

I cannot imagine the self styled owners of the club relaxing one bit, their passion will be brimming to the top as they back the players 110% in their usual high standards of support

Hod carriers around the region can stand easy.

'I watched the Liverpool game the other night and it reminded me so much of us. They’ve got top class players and even they struggled to break Southampton down. We know it will be no different, but we need to start putting points on the board if we want to achieve our goals.

:mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Watched the highlights, looked like there was an entire block of empty seats in the away end. Surely some mistake...

RE: Newport v Portsmouth on Boxing Day - Plymouth fans managed to break the temp seating the week before in the FA Cup replay, so they weren't allowed to use that block.

The fact they hadn't sold enough tickets for that to be an issue was the interesting bit.

As for the match, yeah, County went 2-0 up and completely deserved it, then fell apart as they have been all season. Enjoyed it hugely for an hour though! Still, County have signed 9 free transfers/loans so when I go to Fratton in a couple of months they might be up for a 4th successive win at Fratton. :D

Edited by The9

LOL. Does a thread about Pompey's proposed takeover that reaches three pages in a couple of hours once again demonstrate just how little you care about Pompey? :D FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Err, I think you'll find that Pompey's position is built on loans from banks rather than any money from Gaydamak. Britain's position in the world however is more than partly built on arms dealing. If you really find arms dealing that distasteful and want to assume a moral high ground I suggest you emigrate.

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company. As for raising the money from Abu Dhabi, that's not where it's rumoured to be coming from. Try Germany.

Still fantastic to read :lol:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=367914#post367914

There was an interesting quote in the arab press when he was interviewed about buying the club. He said, "I've not just bought a football club, I've bought a city". Leaving aside your infantile jokes that will no doubt follow that, it's interesting. Given that his background is in property development I suspect that he's going to leverage the goodwill he'll generate from the council to make money from property development once the market picks up. He's already said he's in this for the long haul so there's no quick buck.

The media have been banging on about the fit and proper test ever since his bid became public. Plenty of them reported that Shinawatra was involved (5 Live included) which turned out to be completely false. Pompey and Al Fahim have been unusually tight lipped over the details on this one and none of the media have been right about any of it at any stage of the process. Al Fahim knows what the PL need for the FAPPT and I can't see how he would make any mistakes in what he presents to them. Can't see this test being a stumbling block. Only problem I can see is if Gaydamak refuses to drop the price or if there's an issue with terms of bank loan repayments and the way they're structured/ paid etc.

You lot make me laugh. "Back where they belong" "Back where we belong". Look chaps, we are where we belong because we won enough points to stay in the Prem. You're where you belong because you ****ed up your chance when you refused to buy good enough players and pay decent salaries and then weren't good enough to avoid two (count them) relegations.

You are where you belong. You've earned the right to be there. Just like we have.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=377953#post377953

Superb.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})