Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They really just can't get their head around the fact that they are a potless bottom half fourth tier footballing irrelevance whilst we are lighting up the Premier League and are the new darlings of the football public and increasingly, the mainstream media. Add to that the fact that we went through an administration paying all our debts and coming out with pride intact, whereas they repeatedly defaulted on tens of millions, including ripping off kids cancer charities and have become a global example of how not to conduct yourself in football and in business. I would be ashamed to come from Portsmouth.

3127429-untitled-infographic

Assuming this won't work, but try right-clicking and open it, I've been sodding about with an Infographic and can't share cos it's a free site.

Gets a bit confusing around the Portpin time so tried to keep it simple.

So can anyone actually see the source image by right-clicking and pasting into a new page?

Very crude bit of screengrabbing to make sure The9's excellent work doesn't go to waste. Essential reading for any Scummah jealous of Pompey's soon-to-be completed tool-shed.

fxuBs6I.jpg

They really just can't get their head around the fact that they are a potless bottom half fourth tier footballing irrelevance whilst we are lighting up the Premier League and are the new darlings of the football public and increasingly, the mainstream media. Add to that the fact that we went through an administration paying all our debts and coming out with pride intact, whereas they repeatedly defaulted on tens of millions, including ripping off kids cancer charities and have become a global example of how not to conduct yourself in football and in business. I would be ashamed to come from Portsmouth.

With their budget they should be mid-table in L1 at least. That they are still sliding down the bottom tier is at the same time both richly satisfying and very funny indeed

No.16, Southampton, at home to......no.38.....portsmouth.....

Oh please let that happen!

Assuming they got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup which looks unlikely, I would prefer that we had a match against the Skates at Fratton to deny them a larger yield of the 50/50 gate money and to thrash them there anyway. Not going to happen though.

Assuming they got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup which looks unlikely, I would prefer that we had a match against the Skates at Fratton to deny them a larger yield of the 50/50 gate money and to thrash them there anyway. Not going to happen though.

Ah, Fatpipes - that broken down timber tabernacle where fish folk tend their broken clock and dream of playing against Port Vale, Gillingham or Crewe.

Count me out.

Some guy on the News comments:

Forward Defensive

9:13 PM on 18/10/2014

No surprise we lost today. Away to the strongest side in the league in my opinion. Got them before the season to win the division at 8/1.

But we need 442 or 433 on Tuesday with a fast tempo. Fans are getting restless and I can understand why.

* With the best will in the world how would you judge Bury to be the L2 2015 winners before the 2014-2015 season started? I smell nonsense there from that fan!

* The problem with 442 or 433 at a fast tempo ignores the basic issues that their squad is actually a mediocre L2 squad, no matter how Neil Allen dresses it up.

* The ranks are getting restless. A mix of Pompey are too big to be in L2 anyway and Andy Awford might not be the man after all.

Will Champagne Iain pull the trigger again?

* With the best will in the world how would you judge Bury to be the L2 2015 winners before the 2014-2015 season started? I smell nonsense there from that fan!

?

The shakers were joint favourites before the season started I think.

I've noticed some of the Skates are beginning to question if Andy Awful is the right manager for them.

Weren't they fully confident in him being 100% the correct man for the job after 3 games into his caretaker role last season?

I had a quick listen to express radio on the way home and the general feeling on their seemed to be that the fans are split right down the middle as whether awful should stay or go.

I had a quick listen to express radio on the way home and the general feeling on their seemed to be that the fans are split right down the middle as whether awful should stay or go.

Which is the best way for them to be :)

If they were all behind him getting the boot, then champagne Ian and his cronies wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. While half of them still want him there he'll be there for a good ten more games by which time they'll be so far behind they'll have another season in division four :)

Some guy on the News comments:

Forward Defensive

9:13 PM on 18/10/2014

No surprise we lost today. Away to the strongest side in the league in my opinion. Got them before the season to win the division at 8/1.

But we need 442 or 433 on Tuesday with a fast tempo. Fans are getting restless and I can understand why.

* The problem with 442 or 433 at a fast tempo ignores the basic issues that their squad is actually a mediocre L2 squad, no matter how Neil Allen dresses it up.

* The ranks are getting restless. A mix of Pompey are too big to be in L2 anyway and Andy Awford might not be the man after all.

Will Champagne Iain pull the trigger again?

Yeah but big enough for the Vanorama

With all this talk about looking at girls on line being the same as touching them, I am now worried about what reading 99,000 plus posts on the subject of PFC makes me, and is that the same as actually touching PFC players and supporters? Mack, can you find it in your heart to forgive us voyeurs?

They just can't help themselves, can they. From Portsea Island's "Sports Journalist of the Year":

"fledgling company Tifosy share immense pride for their part in the fan-funding blueprint which has subsequently attracted interest from Champions League clubs

This is the beginning of crowd funding in world football."

But, later in the same article:

"We have lined up campaigns with a couple of other Football League clubs but have not finalised the details yet.

One is a League Two club and the other is a League One club."

But even though Bury are flying high and tipped by many as promotion contenders, Awford believes there is nothing to fear.He said: ‘Just because Bury will be viewed as a team that will be up there at the end of the season, I don’t want us to go there and be cautious.

‘I don’t want us to wait – I want us to take the game to them.

‘If we were going to Man United or Arsenal, then you might have to look at how you are set up as a team.

But I don’t mean it disrespectfully to anyone – we are playing Bury. "

David Flitcroft team talk done. Just print that off in 84pt, and pin it on the back of the home dressing-room door.

Sorry but had to go back and read this again. Who do they think they are??? We are playing Bury pmsl and they were well beaten.

Awford is getting shown up big stylee :) Tbf I don't mind the man but it's clear that he's an amateur fumbling around like the rest of them involved in the set up.

Awford says ‘Obviously, we are not scoring enough goals – that is plain and simple to see, whether that is personnel, whether that is creativity, whether that is system, whatever it is let’s analyse it and try to get back out there tomorrow night and start scoring some goals again. You assess it every game and that is no different. I am going to have to look at a few things definitely.'

Yes Andy, give that 8 (eight) ball another shake to see what to do next!

Another Awford quote after the 1-1 home draw with Mansfield

"I honestly don't know why the spark wasn't there. If I had the answer I'd be a multi-millionaire and the manager of Real Madrid."

Unlikely, however knowing the answer might stop you having to sign on before Christmas.

More changes for their game tomorrow apparently.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-targets-team-changes-for-pompey-1-6366486

As we know from Awford's comments a couple of weeks ago they're due to "give somebody a tonking."

Some of the comments in that article are classics. One of them now seems to think the answer to their problems is hiring Dodds (sic) and Williams, as Dodds (sic) was our Academy Director that discovered Bale, Walcott, AOC, JWP etc etc.

Another one of the few is suggesting it may be while before they reap the rewards of spending £270k on their training pitch.

Some of the comments in that article are classics. One of them now seems to think the answer to their problems is hiring Dodds (sic) and Williams, as Dodds (sic) was our Academy Director that discovered Bale, Walcott, AOC, JWP etc etc.

This will be the same Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ward-Prowse who both lived in the Portsmouth area then? :lol:

Awford pre-Stevenage:

"They’ve had a stuttering start after suffering relegation from League One at the end of last season. But I don’t really give a monkeys about Stevenage to be honest – my main focus is on us and what we do. We need to start putting smiles back on people’s faces again."

Don't worry, Andy, you're making a lot of people very happy at the moment! :lol:

Can't wait for the Rallyboy critique of this:

@KCLovesDogs: @portsmouthnews Don't forget @PennyMordauntMP battles for title of #mpdogoftheyear on Thurs with Fire and Rescue Dog http://t.co/PhKdoO0R8z

Penny seems to have lost weight, but her dog has the same wardrobe falls off an aircraft carrier like grace as it enters the water.

Edited by Chez

Awford pre-Stevenage:

"They’ve had a stuttering start after suffering relegation from League One at the end of last season. But I don’t really give a monkeys about Stevenage to be honest – my main focus is on us and what we do. We need to start putting smiles back on people’s faces again."

Don't worry, Andy, you're making a lot of people very happy at the moment! :lol:

It's true that in his case the hero > zero > villain swingometer is only mid-way through its excursion, but it's surely only a matter of time before 'Awful' joins the ranks of ex-legends and reviled criminals who between them share responsibility for the continuing downfall of the septic few

Yes Penny, we know there is an election around the next corner!

This is the MP who only steps into the ring when simpletons' votes are there for the harvesting.

She was silent throughout the criminality decade and lapped up the glory days that were funded by organised crime, child-maiming and theft from the taxpayer.

Penny believes and repeats the deluded insanity that the football club brings £13M into the city for EVERY home game. :o

She also has the aerial agility of a wardrobe in a swimsuit.

So her opinion is worthless, her attempts at vote-gathering are cringeworthy.

If I want advice on how to source sticky buns or pork pies, or perhaps if I need to empty 7,000 litres of water out of a pool in a hurry, I'll give her a shout.

But if I want expert guidance on football finance, I think I'll ask someone with a grasp of the subject.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})