Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Cat.

We should all blame you for the recent run of miserable results at Fratton Park

Saints League/Cup record at Fratton is P 16 W 7 D 5 L 4 F 24 A 20

in comparison the results at home are P 16 W 5 D 5 L 4 F 32 A 22

The home results only add up to 14 games. What happened at the other two?

The home results only add up to 14 games. What happened at the other two?

Good spot

Ironically the home results are exactly the same as the away ie W 7 D 5 L 4

Meanwhile there is some suggestion that Sepp Blatter may be looking to continue his crusade to help football in under developed areas of the world and Pompey is high on his list

Ha! I do love a good attendance debate with them. They literally have nothing for 70 years. Even in their most successful season in living memory they couldn't sell out their shed. Then who remembers FA Cup final tickets being on general sale near enough up to the day? Getting lower attendances than us when 2 divisions higher? Various campaigns to give tickets to school kids/Navy/anybody with a pulse...all for free, despite the club needing the money more than ever? And my favourite, the hilarious #PackThePark failure.

All this within the last few years. They have to go back to some random game against Oldham in the 80s to find a low attendance for us. And that says it all.

Re Attendances here are some interesting facts which may assist

1. We have never beaten the 3,000 ish who turned up at Fratton Park for a FA Cup game in the not too far distant past

2. The Wembley turn out of our fans at the JPT was in excess of the record crowd at Fratton Park just after WW11 when thousands of Royal Navy sailors were in port and with time on their hands.

A good many Saints fans used to go to Fratton Park at the time which proves the SCUM historical hatred story is nonsense.

3. Since 1921 when both clubs joined the Football league, Saints average home gate has been 17,557 compared to Pompey's 17,337

During this time Pompey had a higher capacity ground for all but 13 seasons

4. Since 1960, when both clubs crossed swords again and within the lifetime of almost all supporters of both clubs, Saints home gate has averaged 19,801 whilst Pompey's average is 14,152

5. Saints lowest home league average was 9,064 in 1932/3 compared to Pompey at 8,269 in 1994/5.

6. And has been pointed out on many occasions, when Pompey won the League in 1948/9 their home average was 37,082 in a ground with a capacity of 51,000

Its all scumerr lies I tells ya

Portsmouth FC's media department show how to edit a season review of a club's worst ever season (84th place finish in English football) into a good looking season...

Christ almighty .... is that really The Official PFC effort ..... so unbelievably Tin Pot, it's untrue. :scared:

Take away teams walking on and off the pitch, pre ko huddles and player's goal celebrations etc there is barely 2 minutes of action :rolleyes:

What an utter shambles they are.

Don't moan - how many highlights did you expect them to have from that sort of season?

I was impressed that they managed to find two minutes.

46 games x 90 minutes a game = 4,140 minutes played. Two minutes of highlights and 4,138 minutes of dross. Seems about right to me.

Pompey. Best community club in the whole wide world...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/anger-as-pompey-academy-fence-is-given-green-light-1-6779031

Mike Saunders, the architect for the site and a member of Portsmouth Supporters Trust, said after the meeting: ‘It’s for the wider good of the community. It’s a shame residents had to object – as a community club that is unfortunate. But we have to look at the benefits to the wider community.’

Upsetting only 30 people in a city of near on 200,000 seems a small price to pay for the education and well-being betterment of our city as a whole.

Yeah, that's how you justify fencing off a public green space.

Perhaps Saints should plant a flag in Hoglands Park and fence it off, for the betterment of the city.

But let's just clarify the great folk story of 2008, the legend that 250,000 gathered on Southsea Common....

So that means that every single resident of the island was there, every house, flat and caravan was empty that day - plus they bussed in 45,000 from elsewhere.

That is right up there with £13m income from every home game.

Upsetting only 30 people in a city of near on 200,000 seems a small price to pay for the education and well-being betterment of our city as a whole.

Perhaps Saints should plant a flag in Hoglands Park and fence it off, for the betterment of the city.

But let's just clarify the great folk story of 2008, the legend that 250,000 gathered on Southsea Common....

So that means that every single resident of the island was there, every house, flat and caravan was empty that day - plus they bussed in 45,000 from elsewhere.

That is right up there with £13m income from every home game.

I still find it so hard to believe that this figure went unquestioned at a meeting of all the local 'brains' and that a major loan was sanctioned with this as a backdrop !

It does appear down there that if you say something with a straight face and it suits popular opinion then it becomes gospel !

But hey, that's ' Portsmyth' for you, the gift that keeps on giving :)

New Football League insolvency event rules have been agreed at their AGM.

Headlines:

12-point deduction instead of the current 10

Administrator obliged to market the club for at least 21 days (to lessen the risk of pre-pack admin), and must engage with the supporters trust if one exists

CVA not required, as they take ages to agree and cost a fortune in fees

Upon exiting administration, the club is required to pay creditors at least 35p in the pound for three years, or face a further 15-point deduction.

Bearing in mind they are a bit obsessed about colour, that's going to be interesting.

I look forward to seeing a Liebherr work platform parked up in Gunwharf to enable the application of the red onto the iconic symbol of the city.

We know that their children will wear our shirts but to start painting everything red and white at this early stage is a surprise...

Bearing in mind they are a bit obsessed about colour, that's going to be interesting.

I look forward to seeing a Liebherr work platform parked up in Gunwharf to enable the application of the red onto the iconic symbol of the city.

We know that their children will wear our shirts but to start painting everything red and white at this early stage is a surprise...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/05/portsmouth-fc-supporters-sponsorship-deal-spinnaker-tower

:D

But is that 30 people pre or post Administration / CVA?

It could in "reality" equal 300,000 or some other huge amount that I could make up and state as FACT ... in the absence of "reality" in the land of the great unwashed fish fiddlers!! :lol:

Soul selling at its best. You have to feel for the Tory council having to cope with those cuts to funding. **** me do the mock ups make it look tacky. I suspect the final paint job will just have the Emirates logo on, as perhaps was always planned.

I presume that everything else red and white has been hounded out of the city.

The local Santander Bank manager regularly gets booed on his walk to work, and all the vodafone customers have thrown their Nokias in the sea.

I presume that everything else red and white has been hounded out of the city.

The local Santander Bank manager regularly gets booed on his walk to work, and all the vodafone customers have thrown their Nokias in the sea.

Plus, I'm sure they had a red away kit in the past? Just like we've had a blue one on many occasions. This rivalry b*llocks in football has reached petty levels. I'm sure there would also be 'outrage' here if they painted the Civic clock tower blue and white and was sponsored by Nationwide.

who told Harry that this was a good idea? :scared:

The same bloke who did the #AskHarry?

The poor old bloke might have been right all along, he isn't a criminal or a fraud as a manager, he's just surrounded by idiots who keep giving him bonkers advice.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})