Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ah - a nostalgic trip back to page 698 -I enjoyed that! I guess time had dulled the memory as to how thick PFC123 was, how Ho still proclaimed that there was greatness ahead for them, that charities and businesses would get paid..and f**k me there's a post from Mack (Hi Mack!) that is grammatically ok, spelled correctly...I suspect a ringer...and not of the evil-smelling, tw*t-hatted variety!

Five years on, karma tastes as sweet and smells as wonderful as their festering fat-ridden smells putrid. Long may the comedy continue!! :-)

I get Mack's mis-spelt parody, it's like the patched coat and clown shoes of a superannuated children's entertainer

That pic of Moran made me chuckle!

Well I was an angry young man on page 698.

Funny how five years on, some of the few still don't understand what happened.

We must be due another attendance debate pretty soon, though I see their full houses aren't looking that full.

Top of the table, fan-owned, biggest club south of London but still not packing the park?....time to build a bigger stadium!

Champagne Ian on South Today earlier tonight reiterating that promotion is the minimum expected this season. So no pressure there.

Champagne Ian has turned into a bit of a sideshow curiosity now. He clearly had no clue before and is now just tagging along having fallen on Cook after the previous disasters.

They'll sit in league one obscurity for a while when they realise there isn't any more money coming their way. The stadium will eventually be closed on health and safety grounds and they will have to ground share with Havant &waterlooville. Meanwhile their fan base will be eroded by bigger and better teams either way up the coast.

Lower table obscurity will do just fine. (Although dropping out of the league completely would have been utterly hilarious)

Meanwhile, the Newport County Supporters Trust have today announced they've achieved their fundraising target and will take over the club subject to the formality of FL approval, holding more than 50% of shares in the club having bought out the top two shareholders.

Way better than a poxy 48.48% and an agreed plan to pay off creditors without needing to go into adminstration, never mind 3 relegations.

Amazing what can be achieved with a little foresight. Newport County also now has £236k more than they did have for this season's running costs.

48.48%?

That can't be right, they keep telling us they own the club, not less than half of it.

I'm no mathematician but shouldn't the number be something like 100% to claim ownership?

50.0000000000000000000000000000001% would be enough for me, they do not have that.

Meanwhile, the Newport County Supporters Trust have today announced they've achieved their fundraising target and will take over the club subject to the formality of FL approval, holding more than 50% of shares in the club having bought out the top two shareholders.

Way better than a poxy 48.48% and an agreed plan to pay off creditors without needing to go into adminstration, never mind 3 relegations.

Amazing what can be achieved with a little foresight. Newport County also now has £236k more than they did have for this season's running costs.

now managerless Newport COunty

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})