Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can't you use the phrase taken from (I presume The News' ) article: "the latest bid to escape League Two." :-)

No. Because that sounds like Factless Allens Goebbels-esque positive historical revisionism.

They failed to get out of league two this season and that is what I shall remind them of. Failure is failure.

portsmouth football club was funded by fraud and theft? :o

No, that can't be right.

I'm shocked.

Ah but it wasn't their fault, no siree. All the dirty money that funded their promotion and cup win was forced on them by the nasty football league. Or some portsmyth like that.

Edited by Waterside.saint

When I think about it, it's to the benefit of Factless Allen that Portsmouth are in the bottom league. Any higher and he would have to up his writing game or face competition from journalists capable of writing factual, objective and investigative articles rather than spewing out turgid puff pieces on a conveyor belt.

Neil Allen is very strange. A man in his 40s dedicated to providing relentless low quality spin to deceive the gullible and prop up advertising income. What an empty career.

From local press -

It was the emails which broke the seal – and Mark Catlin’s tears fled.

Can we call the Sealife Centre and see if the seal is okay?

And have Catlin's tears been spotted yet after fleeing?

Today should have been a big day for #factless, reporting on 250,000 plucky bestest marching down Wembley way. But as we know the skates failed to get out of league 2, again, so #factless has little else to trumpet other than a bloke crying over an email.

From local press -

I'd be embarrassed to have written something that asinine in private correspondence, let alone publish it

From local press -

Massive lol

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/catlin-transfer-listed-trio-may-still-have-pompey-future-1-7406575?

I guess this means that they're not really good enough even for Pompey, but no-one else wants to pay them the wages they're currently on, still less a transfer fee, (they probably haven't had a single inquiry) so the blue few are stuck with them.

Great way to motivate your players.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/catlin-transfer-listed-trio-may-still-have-pompey-future-1-7406575?

I guess this means that they're not really good enough even for Pompey, but no-one else wants to pay them the wages they're currently on, still less a transfer fee, (they probably haven't had a single inquiry) so the blue few are stuck with them.

Assets of the business too..apparently...

So basically:

'We signed them on long contracts because we expected to get out of league two sooner but that hasn't worked out so now we're touting them wherever we can but we might be stuck with them in the squad. But despite the fact Cook still doesn't want to use them we'Re going to say they are amazing because they play for the bestest'

As for that article by Factless..... I wonder if he's trying to catch the eye of the Mills & Boon publishers in order to get a proper job?

From local press -

Is this guy paid to write?

That is terrible. Should never use "which" in that circumstance, it's "that". Which is a word that is used very rarely.

Today should have been a big day for #factless, reporting on 250,000 plucky bestest marching down Wembley way. But as we know the skates failed to get out of league 2, again, so #factless has little else to trumpet other than a bloke crying over an email.

To be fair, they were tears of despair due to the lack of spelling, grammar and punctuation in the emails ;)

Not meant to be for Plymouth.

Top 3 for large parts of the season. Raft of injuries killed it for them towards the end and they settle for the playoffs.

They knocked out Pompey though lol

MK Dons v Wimbledon in the league next season!!!

Not meant to be for Plymouth.

Top 3 for large parts of the season. Raft of injuries killed it for them towards the end and they settle for the playoffs.

They knocked out Pompey though lol

MK Dons v Wimbledon in the league next season!!!

Shame for Plymouth but pleased for Ardley, remember him being so gutted when Wimbledon were relegated at the Dell. Plymouth will have the Wembley money to reinforce next term and have to start as favourites to win that league.

Skates will be amongst the favourites as well but won't be easy for them to get automatic, especially with those 3 big earners Cook wants out on the books.

Wimbledon v MK Dons is mouth watering!

Their recruitment policy is top drawer!

Perhaps the only black box they have is the one that will solve the mystery of the missing mobility scooter.

Their black box is only black because they can't afford the 50p for the meter to plug it in and light it up......

Does this mean the Blue Few can't even claim to be the best fan-owned club in the country any more? Wimbledon are more fan-owned than they've ever been.

Ah well.... There's actually a school of thought (also known as reality) which believes that they have never been fan owned at all......

Tbh I think maybe we should be a bit nicer to the skates since their team failed to get out of League Two. Again.

‘We represent Portsmouth Football Club and must show a bit of class.’

[emoji38]

Carlsberg don't do lack of self awareness, but if they did...

#catlintheclown #tinpot

Judging by Cook's ability to spot talent...

‘It may not necessarily be the end of them and Paul will use an example of Sam Hird at Chesterfield.

‘He transfer-listed him, but didn’t leave the club and ended up becoming a regular, this year named as their player of the season.

‘John-Joe O’Toole at Northampton was the same. He was transfer-listed last summer and look at the season he had.

Maybe the transfer-listed trio are too good for Pompey?

Judging by Cook's ability to spot talent...

Maybe the transfer-listed trio are too good for Pompey?

YOU WASH YOUR WHORE MOUTH OUT

No player is too good to be given the opportunity to play for the bestest and don't you ever say that again. It's not their fault they failed to get out of league two. Again.

I'm sure they are still glad to be playing "proper football" rather than that horrible premier league like them scummers who are gonna go bust very soon

And we are STILL jealous of them being fan owned and all that blah blah blah blah

Probably only 3 weeks or so until the 4th division fixtures come out, the excitement/reality must be growing by the day.

They were clearly waiting for promotion to be confirmed before announcing ticket prices for next season.

Such a shame Pricelist B needed to be called upon after countless plucky hearts were so cruelly broken by those wicked bullies at Plymouth.

Probably only 3 weeks or so until the 4th division fixtures come out, the excitement/reality must be growing by the day.

I'm looking forward to finding out when Newport will be visiting League 2 newcomers Cheltenham, Grimsby, Crewe and Doncaster... three new aways for me (my last visit to Cheltenham was when Newport got relegated from the Southern League Premier Division, which is a nice frame of reference for the auspicious level at which Portsmouth are now playing).

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})