Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They are offering the chance to own a share in the moon - only £1000 a go.

Well THAT would be a good one.

I already own a piece of The Moon. It was given to me as a birthday present some 15+ years ago. ( http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/03/25/meet-the-man-who-owns-the-moon )

Bloody typical of the skates to come up with selling something that already belongs to someone else.

Anyways, I've not been on here much of late, been too busy organising my Helium 3 marketing rights and kicking out some weird Stormtrooper types who tried to muscle in on my patch

Well THAT would be a good one.

I already own a piece of The Moon. It was given to me as a birthday present some 15+ years ago. ( http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/03/25/meet-the-man-who-owns-the-moon )

Bloody typical of the skates to come up with selling something that already belongs to someone else.

Anyways, I've not been on here much of late, been too busy organising my Helium 3 marketing rights and kicking out some weird Stormtrooper types who tried to muscle in on my patch

By now you should have had time to complete that Deathstar though

The money spent on that could have been used to repay charities / small businesses that suffered under previous regimes etc. etc. - you get my drift

er, I think its a message from Saints fans to the skate below.

BllxTlMCAAE9qxC.jpg:large

Genius :toppa: I would gladly shake the hand of whoever is behind this and buy them a large one

Genius if we were playing them in a cup tie. But they're so far below us they're just not relevant any more. And we try and say they're obsessed? Embarrassing :(

Genius if we were playing them in a cup tie. But they're so far below us they're just not relevant any more. And we try and say they're obsessed? Embarrassing :(

interesting observation in that 97596th post on this thread.

Just goes to show how bad he must have been if Awford's taken them to 4 wins on the trot.

It also shows they have a half decent squad of players which has badly underperformed.

That should not be a surprise considering the money that has been spent on it compared to other League Two clubs. #livingbeyondtheirmeansagaintosavetheirnecks.

Sonny Byng ‏@sonnybyng 15m

18,000 at home in league 2, beat that #saintsfc #bestsupport #League2 #Pompey

Last two times Bristol Rovers played at St. Mary's:

19,724 and 23,647.

:mcinnes:

I don't think we have ever been in League 2 (old div 4) and so how can we compare attendances

FFS! starting to get monotonous,,,at least you scummers are getting a variety of results,

Oh and can we have the Red Arras draging the next luv letter,:smug:

how many will be out to see the open bus tour this weekend, 4wins in a row. You will be making a statue of Awford before long. 18k is a good turnout though,

Did any of you read the Guardian's cover piece on Pompey today? It was quite emotive. Obviously I'm no fan of the team but really feel for the people of the city at the moment, and the club's making a big difference there. Some 37,000 people being affected by their outreach. Well worth a read!

Given how much the local community ended up getting shafted, so they could pay for an FA Cup win, its the least they can do.

I'm assuming they'll be directing their new found "financial stability" on players next season to make themselves more "competitive" rather than voluntarily increasing repayments to those whose livelihoods were put at risk by the c.£150m they wrote off?

Awford sums it up nicely: "Crazy times … The FA Cup, Milan, I wouldn't give it up for the world, but ultimately it was to the detriment of the club."

Edited by trousers

Sonny Byng ‏@sonnybyng 15m

18,000 at home in league 2, beat that #saintsfc #bestsupport #League2 #Pompey

Last two times Bristol Rovers played at St. Mary's:

19,724 and 23,647.

:mcinnes:

...with a big thanks to the two and a half thousand brizzol fans who packed the away end.

That Easter 'sellout' was 4,500 home fans paying on the day.

With a massive financial boost like that I think they should give Awfs a five year contract and an increased warchest to take the south's biggest club back to the point where they can try and compete with lesser mortals like Bournemouth, who are comfortably fifty league places above them.

But in the defence of the few, I have referenced the league table from 2014, not one from the 1940s - so it isn't a fair comparison of where the clubs are right now.

That Easter 'sellout' was 4,500 home fans paying on the day.

With a massive financial boost like that I think they should give Awfs a five year contract and an increased warchest to take the south's biggest club back to the point where they can try and compete with lesser mortals like Bournemouth, who are comfortably fifty league places above them.

But in the defence of the few, I have referenced the league table from 2014, not one from the 1940s - so it isn't a fair comparison of where the clubs are right now.

4500 paying on the. Day and also 2500 away fans and so nt a bad payday for them to eke out over the summer. I can't help bt admire the 18k crowd, it is a decent turnout. It would be churlish not to give that some credit. 12months on and if they are in the same positin league wise and I suggest you will be able to halve that

Hang on, am I just imagining things? I seem to recall that the Trust said they'd always have at least 50% ownership - or am I mistaken?

Well, now the target is to have at least 26% - the first time we've ever heard mention of that. You have to wonder how many "ground" and "training facilities" improvements it will take for the Trust to dip below that mark. "Not many" is my guess. The alarm bells should be ringing for the "shareholders"!

True enough, 75% majority is the minimum required to pass special resolutions which would be needed to change the articles of the company or wind it up totally. What it means if the trust loses 50% (and power to block ordinary resolutions) is...

Dividends can be issued without the trust's approval to the HNW (well, all shareholders including the trust but you get the idea).

Any fundamental transactions can be approved without the trust's say so

The trust cannot remove directors (So the HNW are safe)

The HNW can pay themselves whatever salary they require

The HNW can effectively pass any loans to the company on whatever terms they like

The HNW can list or unlist the company.

I don't think this list is comprehensive but effectively it means the Trust would have very little say in the running of PFC and the HNW individuals would be safe in their power base.

Edited by farawaysaint

This is all going wrong!

Their survival will be so comfortable they can't even spin a great escape into folklore.

There's no glory in midtable obscurity and abject failure - simple folk demand a final-day, last-gasp hero to celebrate, worship....then fail to pay and abuse.

How else can the easily-led be distracted from the Trust losing control of the club?

Poor PR.

This is all going wrong!

Their survival will be so comfortable they can't even spin a great escape into folklore.

There's no glory in midtable obscurity and abject failure - simple folk demand a final-day, last-gasp hero to celebrate, worship....then fail to pay and abuse.

How else can the easily-led be distracted from the Trust losing control of the club?

Poor PR.

The trajectory is well established: Hero>Zero>Villain. Not a case of if, but when, for most of their 'heroes'

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})