Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Really? He's only 19 and been at Saints for six years. Before that he was at the Elite Training Academy. If he ever was at skates it means it was when he was a small kid and that their academy either couldnt spot his talent or weren't good enough to develop it.

Obviously the gentleman in question watched the match last night.

The commentator incorrectly mentioned that Josh Sims came through the Pompey Academy when I guess he mistook him for JWP!!!

I am sure this will now develop into another Pompey myth.

To be fair though it must be difficult to be a Pompey fan at the moment.

Saints at Wembley.

Brighton on their way to the Prem.

Little old Bournemouth doing well in the Prem.

Eastleigh upgrading their ground and able to compete with Pompey financially

Reading possibly in the Prem next year

Aldershot beat them in the FA Cup last year

Plymouth likely to be League 2 champions

Still at least they remain above Accrington Stanley!!

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=678915

I don't get this stadium fit for the premiership stuff. Fratton Park as it is is a stadium capable of housing a team able to get out of the championship and stay in the premier for 7 years. Very recent history proves that. An improved stadium, renovated and expanded on the current site with or without rotation will be even better placed to do so, so why the desperation to lose the soul of the club by moving somewhere new. Ask West Ham fans how that feels.

In the premier world where gate money represents less than 10% of income the usefulness of a big stadium is vastly overstated.

All we need is a stadium big enough to house our fans, and anything around the 30-35k mark would do that 99% of the time ans that can be achieved at Fratton

Dear dear me

I particularly like the bit where they're confident that their board are discussing their expansion plans with central government. That and the bit about finance through low interest loans, because as we all know lenders are queueing up to give soft loans on favourable terms to companies that have gone bust twice in the last ten years.

Nice to see the skates unable to keep their fishy lips from flapping about something that's got absolutely f**k all to do with them. It's a bit like the Under 13's at school being jealous of how well the Under 18's are doing.

And I have to say I find every single statement that ends with the word 'FACT' funny. Just makes the poster look dumb (especially when said statement is about attendance - every time a Skate tries that one you know they've lost the argument)

As for the ongoing hilarity with the stadium, it's nice to see they still cling to the idea that they can fit a 30k plus ground in at the Kipper Shed. I'll admit that if they do ever do that I'll be impressed, but it's highly unlikely.

Also..... the stadium has nothing to do with what league the team plays in, as our recent wobble shows, and their short period of buying their way into the top flight clearly demonstrates.

It's all a bit weird really, it's as if a success by the mighty Saints leads to an increase in delusion levels down at the smelly end of the M27. I can't wait to see what happens if Brighton get promotion and Eastleigh get that investment.

Nice to see the skates unable to keep their fishy lips from flapping about something that's got absolutely f**k all to do with them. It's a bit like the Under 13's at school being jealous of how well the Under 18's are doing.

And I have to say I find every single statement that ends with the word 'FACT' funny. Just makes the poster look dumb (especially when said statement is about attendance - every time a Skate tries that one you know they've lost the argument)

As for the ongoing hilarity with the stadium, it's nice to see they still cling to the idea that they can fit a 30k plus ground in at the Kipper Shed. I'll admit that if they do ever do that I'll be impressed, but it's highly unlikely.

Also..... the stadium has nothing to do with what league the team plays in, as our recent wobble shows, and their short period of buying their way into the top flight clearly demonstrates.

It's all a bit weird really, it's as if a success by the mighty Saints leads to an increase in delusion levels down at the smelly end of the M27. I can't wait to see what happens if Brighton get promotion and Eastleigh get that investment.

Girls_a1cd51_622678.jpg

They really do seem seem bitter about our EFL cup success. Iv'e been fielding taunts about their successes of long long ago for the last couple of days from my blue few acquaintances. The can't quite get it, that it is the present that counts.....

indeed, my token skate colleague was trying to talk me through the best place to sit for view etc, just so he could mention 2008, that they'd been there loads, second home etc etc the bellend.

If they were Chelsea or Man U then I think they could probably claim that Wembley is their second home.

But they aren't, they really, really aren't. They're Just a small team on the south coast that used to be mid-sized thanks to the Navy.

Nutshell.

And I really don't know why they're all crying that we've reached a major final, they should be celebrating, the last time we did that they got promoted.

Ah, hang on, the last time we got to a Wembley Final they got relegated. Probably a bit late for a plucky-little-p*mpey basement battle but fingers crossed for another portsea island meltdown and yet another season in the 4th Division.

Nutshell.

And I really don't know why they're all crying that we've reached a major final, they should be celebrating, the last time we did that they got promoted.

Ah, hang on, the last time we got to a Wembley Final they got relegated. Probably a bit late for a plucky-little-p*mpey basement battle but fingers crossed for another portsea island meltdown and yet another season in the 4th Division.

Looks like another year in the bargain basement for the bestestmost

According to twitter, the stands are emptying pretty quickly, so there might not be any fans remaining at the final whistle

I think Fratton Park will be the first ground where after about 85 minutes a home player puts the ball out for a throw so the team can stop and boo the last remaining supporters as they make to the exit

Paul Cook last week, on the chances of Pompey making new signings in the transfer window: "If we had to go with the same squad, I do feel we could get to where we want to be."

Cook this week after a miserable display against Exeter: "I would buy 11 new players after that, if I could".

Paul Cook last week, on the chances of Pompey making new signings in the transfer window: "If we had to go with the same squad, I do feel we could get to where we want to be."

Cook this week after a miserable display against Exeter: "I would buy 11 new players after that, if I could".

Sums up how dysfunctional the club is.

I'd just like to add for the record that following our tonking by Arse yesterday, I'd still rather be where we are now than where they are now :D

But did we have a retard with a bell and bugle, accompanied by friend from his special needs group on a drum, banging out an inane noise towards the end of the match, then applaud the Arsenal players off the field ?

If not, you can see why they have the bestest fans the world has ever seen.

I'd be surprised If he isn't already, their kipper shed is dangerously close to collapse if those partial stand closures are anything to go by

Here I am on a skiing holiday and still suffering from PTS syndrome and had to pay a visit.. Haven't seen anything else on partial closures, got a link? After my last visit and the collapsing seat incident I wouldn't be surprised...

Here I am on a skiing holiday and still suffering from PTS syndrome and had to pay a visit.. Haven't seen anything else on partial closures, got a link? After my last visit and the collapsing seat incident I wouldn't be surprised...

E.g.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/temporary-capacity-reduction-955245.aspx

or

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-await-fratton-capacity-boost-1-6180124

The club have splashed out approaching £500,000 on vital improvements to Fratton Park facilities during the close season.

Much has centred on essential safety work, after last summer saw the ground’s capacity reduced to 18,204.

Previously seating 21,178, Portsmouth City Council made the adjustment while re-issuing Pompey’s safety certificate.

As a result, the Blues’ top Fratton Park attendance last season was 18,181 against Oxford, despite selling out the home end for several fixtures.

Now, following crucial maintenance work, the club is awaiting the council’s decision on the latest safety certificate. And chief executive Mark Catlin is optimistic the capacity can, in part, be increased.

He said: ‘Talks are ongoing with the council.

‘We have addressed everything we feel was put to us last year.

Edited by Waterside.saint

Those articles are 3 years old, since when we've had the Hillsborough decision, which held that defects at the stadium, mistakes in the safety certificate and an incorrect capacity limit were contributory factors to the unlawful killings. They won't be getting any old mates favours.

he basically says that the unhappiness expressed by fans made him select a formation he didn't want to.

Congratulations to Tis. Hopefully he can keep that run going and put another side ahead of the skates.

They're having a proper little meltdown this week, and Cook seems to have completely lost it. I can't see him keeping his job beyond the end of the season unless some incredible act of God somehow gets them promoted.

They really are an utter laughing stock. Their abject failure to get out of the division despite having a budget that's way greater than their opponents speaks volumes about failure at every level of the club. From the board, through management to recruitment it's been a colossal cluster **** season after season and extremely satisfying to watch.

WTFILN?

Any high points?

Yeah, the ref blowing the final whistle.

You have to admire that cheeky Scouse sense of humour...

Though he does look like a bloke who is ready to confront the next fan who tells him where he is going wrong.

Tune in next week for more play-off-based laughs.

he basically says that the unhappiness expressed by fans made him select a formation he didn't want to.

Congratulations to Tis. Hopefully he can keep that run going and put another side ahead of the skates.

Can't help wondering if the fans he was referring to are members of the board - specifically Pomagne Ian and the Trust board members. Comes across to me as more than a problem with the manager, its a dysfunctional club and board - which of course is great news for us since the problems will keep repeating even when they change the fall guy.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})