Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I couldn't get all the way through that, the Neil Allen one sentence paragraphs are bad enough as it is but this reads like some messed up mistranslated Norse poem. Bravo Jordan.

How much does a GCSE English course cost? Could we all pitch in and get these muppets some education?

Superstores might be going out of fashion:

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/tesco-a-business-model-overtaken

Yep, Homebase announced a load if closures yesterday. As CBSaint says, Internet is killing them, just as the High Street said about out of town superstores. Shopping habits change, and right now at a faster rate than ever before.

Can see this land eventually going residential - it's the only use there's any money in at the moment and might not actually do that lot any harm either.

I would guess trousers, that Tesco's probably wont go ahead, but that another chain, would happily take their place.

If that were to happen (which I have to doesn't look that likely), I wonder how another tenant's idea of how much cash it was worth to 'encourage' PCFC not to object to the development would differ from the amount agreed upon between Robinson, PCFC & Tesco.

If that were to happen (which I have to doesn't look that likely), I wonder how another tenant's idea of how much cash it was worth to 'encourage' PCFC not to object to the development would differ from the amount agreed upon between Robinson, PCFC & Tesco.

The bribe was to permit change of use classification and grant planning permission for retail. That's done now, so no more cash.

It's been a while since there's been a News live webchat, they always livened up a dull afternoon. Presumably they stopped when they realised most of the contributors were 'nutjobs'.

Shame, I so enjoyed those cosy fireside chats with a beer in one hand, a tablet in the other and a long list of toast-related pseudonyms to post under :D

Yep, Homebase announced a load if closures yesterday. As CBSaint says, Internet is killing them, just as the High Street said about out of town superstores. Shopping habits change, and right now at a faster rate than ever before.

Can see this land eventually going residential - it's the only use there's any money in at the moment and might not actually do that lot any harm either.

Have to agree with this as Portsmouth Council have statutory housing targets like every other local authority and it's the obvious answer as it would be a whole load of housing or apartments at one go, including affordable housing, which saves the Council messing around with lots of other smaller housing sites that will all meet with various levels of local objection even if it is allocated housing land under the Local Development Plan.

The issue for Robinson is that he would have to re-apply for new planning permission as there's no way he could attempt to vary the existing permission for a superstore for new housing. And that costs him money that he owes to his lenders. Even if a new outline housing application for the site was put together by Robinson and fast tracked by the Council planners, it's still another 18 months away at least due to the legal requirement for more public consultation etc. That'll hurt Robbo big time!

Edited by TopGun

Have to agree with this as Portsmouth Council have statutory housing targets like every other local authority and it's the obvious answer as it would be a whole load of housing or apartments at one go, including affordable housing, which saves the Council messing around with lots of other smaller housing sites that will all meet with various levels of local objection even if it is allocated housing land under the Local Development Plan.

The issue for Robinson is that he would have to re-apply for new planning permission as there's no way he could attempt to vary the existing permission for a superstore for new housing. And that costs him money that he owes to his lenders. Even if a new outline housing application for the site was put together by Robinson and fast tracked by the Council planners, it's still another 18 months away at least due to the legal requirement for more public consultation etc. That'll hurt Robbo big time!

Would he get more money if it WAS sold for residential use? My suspicion is that he would. But maybe he's already 'sold' it to Tesco who might then sell it on for residential use.

I don't know....

So who do we want pompey to get in the FA Cup 1st round draw on Monday?

The important numbers for those listening in are:

35 - pompey

[TABLE=class: data-table, width: 464]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]65 - Dartford

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]66 - Maidstone

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: row2]

[TD=class: left first]67 - Gosport Borough

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]68 - Weston-Super-Mare

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]69 - Eastbourne Borough or Dover Athletic

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]70 - Weymouth or Braintree

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]71 - Worcester City or Greenwich Borough

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]72 - Canvey Island or Havant & Waterlooville

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]73 - Concord Rangers

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]74 - Basingstoke or Harrow Borough

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]75 - Aldershot

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]76 - Eastleigh

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: left first]77 - Bromley

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]78 - Chelmsford or Barnet

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: left first]79 - Nuneaton or Hemel Hempstead

[/TD]

[TD=class: left]80 - Woking

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Gosport Borough would be the most local derby for them but I feel that might bit a bit too winnable so I fancy Eastleigh away for them!

So the property developer isn't actually "giving" them anything. They're selling him some land that he needed for his Tesco plan.

I can understand, though, why the board didn't think to mention that to the "shareholders". It's the sort of minor detail that can easily slip the mind.

In a transparent sort of way.

Glad to see our prediction of infighting and an Orwellian "some creatures are more equal than others" is not coming true then :mcinnes:

Also worth noting that the hypocrites celebrating paying off the creditors early were the same ones bemoaning the Glen Johnson windfall going direct to the football creditors, same old Skates.

That sounds like classic Ho on there.

Everything fine, deal done, business as usual, nothing to see...

[quote name=riddle

The legal agreement between PEL and PFC has been finalised and is currently being given a final check through. Once everyone is happy, the land swap will occur and the club will get the cash sum (and hopefully will be able to say how much it is).[/quote]

What does finalised mean in portsea?

Don't usually bother reading these links but this personifies why this thread will not ever lack amusement and exceed 2000 pages with ease.

The lack of class, literacy and understanding displayed on that thread is why they are nearly down to where they deserve to be...local derbies with Eastleigh the next step :)

Comedy gold :lol:

Enjoyed wearing my saints top at the GSR today. First time I did it a few years ago they were a league above us! Amazing stuff. Not so much 'banter' anymore, just an avoidance of all football matters!

I may have seen you - spent the day down there with friends and his extended family - all die hard pompey fans. Funnily enough every time I swung the conversation around to football the subject changed pretty sharpish - kept me amused all day.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})