Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As initially revealed by The News on January 24, Roko’s Copnor Road base is to serve as the new club training ground.

Lawyers are presently thrashing out the final details but McInnes is excited over the emergence of Pompey’s own training home.

He added: ‘The training ground is crucial and so close to being announced.

‘This will be a marker for the new regime in terms of making an investment, not just a pie in the sky investment but a proper investment in a long-term home for the future players of this famous old football club.

‘It’s a facility that enables us to attract players. Even at this level the professional ones actually want to come and see your facilities and training ground before making a decision.

And this is our training facility with it's 3 full size, somewhat flea-bitten, football pitches and 9 astro-turf 6 a-side pitches. And, in keeping with our massive support, we have a massive changing room with modern warm down facilities and rest areas.

And of course we will have exclusive use of these facilities 5 days a week. No worries about our massive support coming here to get a chance to rub shoulders with their heroes/villains (delete as appropriate). And yes your Roko subs will be taken out of your weekly wage packet....

34fme50.png

And it all sounds a bit of a sales-pitch to get the toothless fin-folk to start to divvy up on season tickets

How dare you. In the very words of the chairman himself, he believes that it is imminent that something is probably in the region of happening. Hopefully.

And I note that he has given notice to their brand new manager at the start of the article that he's going to be replaced in the summer.

I'm not so sure. I think it's the Tesco money.

No the additional 400k from the HNW (That diluted the shareholding) was for ground improvements and the disabled bay - I am sure the Tesco's money will be added to make up to the 1 million, but that's a lot of work to be done for a million quid..... I'm sure any shortfall will be covered by the parachute payments

...but the bestest news of all comes from the CEO. They're ahead of buget on some, but not all, of their income targets, which means that they are going to bring forward the date when they pay off their debts from 2016 to ......... 2016.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/merson-guest-speaker-at-gala-dinner-1463858.aspx

The club is also offering a special ‘sponsorship’ deal for £1,500 which will add in:- complimentary beer, house wine and soft drinks

- a player at your table

- recognition in the commemorative programme

- exclusive signed photo opportunity with the manager

- half-page advert in the Plymouth programme

- signed, framed first team shirt

Bargain!

I do hope they lose again at the weekend. I was really enjoying it when they were perilously close to the bottom two. Couple of dodgy results over the next couple of weeks and we could be back in business yet (which is more than you can say for P****y.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I do hope they lose again at the weekend. I was really enjoying it when they were perilously close to the bottom two. Couple of dodgy results over the next couple of weeks and we could be back in business yet (which is more than you can say for P****y.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

If Awful can manage to lose the next two, I'm going to launch that viral 'Bring Back Barker' campaign

@pn_neil_allen: Andy Awford calls for a Fratton wall of noise to make life 'unbearable' for visiting Hartlepool tomorrow. #Pompey http://t.co/YvwSozhvpm

Won't the smell be off putting enough...?

There is something wrong here, haven't they always made life 'unbearable' for the visiting team? Perhaps they need a change of tactics, a plan B for the fans.

@pn_neil_allen: Andy Awford calls for a Fratton wall of noise to make life 'unbearable' for visiting Hartlepool tomorrow. #Pompey http://t.co/YvwSozhvpm

Won't the smell be off putting enough...?

It is always unbearable for visiting fans going to that shed. The droning of their fans with ner, ner, ner, ner, ner and TCWAB and the idiots who try to play musical instruments I expect drive many away fans to despair.

I am sure the meeting they had last year to try to create new songs was a great success and all the song sheets have been distributed in their ten's to create this 'new wall of noise'.

They truly are desperate.

It is always unbearable for visiting fans going to that shed. The droning of their fans with ner, ner, ner, ner, ner and TCWAB and the idiots who try to play musical instruments I expect drive many away fans to despair.

I am sure the meeting they had last year to try to create new songs was a great success and all the song sheets have been distributed in their ten's to create this 'new wall of noise'.

They can read them?

Just meandering through this thread it struck me that there are 10 Reasons Why Skates FC are the Footballing Equivalent of Greece

1. They don’t pay taxes;

2. The have created a lot of myths;

3. For a long time they were run by corrupt leaders;

4. They have no notable achievements (legal) in living memory;

5. An ancient ruin is their main asset;

6. Fish figure highly in their culture;

7. The authorities have been kind to them;

8. There music is crap;

9. They confuse passion with xenophobia;

10. They talk funny.

Just meandering through this thread it struck me that there are 10 Reasons Why Skates FC are the Footballing Equivalent of Greece

1. They don’t pay taxes;

8. There music is crap;

10. They talk funny.

Sorry, but those two put together did make me chuckle!

1. They don’t pay taxes;

8. There music is crap;

10. They talk funny.

11 And we are special:smug:.....sea

to be fair ner ner ner is the only thing they can sing has most of them played bunked off going to school.

Anybody else got mixed feelings about the weekend fixtures. Saints win and we hand Liverpool the title and the skates a million quid…..

Not content with merely helping their opponents directly (most recently Hartlepool), its been suggested we also throw the game in order to reduce Liverpool's advantage. I'd say the master strategists in the Saints boardroom have the matter well in hand: after all they've done a cracking job already in briefing Agent Connolly to cause them maximum grief :D

let them hone the skills on your billiard ball pitches

then they have to play on our cowpat:D

Ah, you hope they'll sustain a few injuries on those pitches made of billiard balls? They sound dangerous to me.

Anybody else got mixed feelings about the weekend fixtures. Saints win and we hand Liverpool the title and the skates a million quid…..

Not really. For one, I don't think they'll get a penny and two, as fun as this thread and my hatred of Pompey is - it can't change the fact that my team winning is always a good thing! ;) If we beat city tomorrow I won't have a mixed feeling in my body. Maybe a mixed drink.

I must say I'm really loving this idea of letting Pompey's opponents use our facilities. Not only can we directly help in their demise, but there might be a player we unearth from one of these teams too.

And it will make everyone like us....

#thenewgreenbaypackers

Which will hurt that lot down the road even more

1. They don’t pay taxes;

8. There music is crap;

10. They talk funny.

There is more than one Charity that might add:

'NEVER TRUST A GREEK BEARING GIFTS'

1. They don’t pay taxes;

8. There music is crap;

10. They talk funny.

There is more than one Charity that might add:

'NEVER TRUST A GREEK BEARING GIFTS'

Quality :toppa:

let them hone the skills on your billiard ball pitches

then they have to play on our cowpat:D

:)

Apparently we have different practice pitches to simulate the size/type/length of grass of our rivals. It's the first time they've had to plough one though...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})