Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

These preview/review videos are hilarious.

Hadn't watched one before today but they add to the tinpotness off all thinks P*mpey fantastically.

They look like they're filmed in the News' toilets using a mobile phone.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/neil-allen-and-jordan-cross-preview-pompey-s-easter-programme-1-6007062

Has any journalist ever looked more uncomfortable than Neil and Jordan do on camera?

Just reading the article, the difference in losses almost exactly matches the extra cash pumped in by the HMW's. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good spot, so in reality, they've done just as badly as their most optimistic prediction, whilst diluting the pdt's shareholding.

Impressive

Probably the HNW's intentions all along - to get the Tesco money!

The High Net Worths are in it for one reason - to become Higher Net Worths. They can't do that while the pesky Trust holds a majority stake. The quicker they dilute it to 49.9% the better.

Just reading the article, the difference in losses almost exactly matches the extra cash pumped in by the HMW's. Interesting.

so they could have paid for the repairs within the existing budget/business plan, without diluting the shareholding of the trust members after all?

A telegram!

really!

Thank you PFC so much for mirroring the UK bankers in terms of ethical business practices and enabling our flying wardrobe to grab easy votes for just mentioning your floundering (no pun intended) piece of **** name in the house a few times. Lots of love, and don't forget to vote, Cammo. ;-)

I love how they deliberately overestimated the losses in the first place so they can say how much better they dare doing.

so they could have paid for the repairs within the existing budget/business plan, without diluting the shareholding of the trust members after all?

These three posts spell it out plain and clear, a cunning, crafty ruse from the old HNWs!

Behave,,,if they had done that there wouldn't of been enuff for fingers in the pie, and a knees up muver brown at the end of the season,:rolleyes:

Hang on, am I just imagining things? I seem to recall that the Trust said they'd always have at least 50% ownership - or am I mistaken?

Well, now the target is to have at least 26% - the first time we've ever heard mention of that. You have to wonder how many "ground" and "training facilities" improvements it will take for the Trust to dip below that mark. "Not many" is my guess. The alarm bells should be ringing for the "shareholders"!

:) that was so obvious! They are taking the fans for mugs. If I had thrown away a grand for a share I would be pretty p*ssed right now.

Cheer up, they are providing more 'opportunities' to 'invest further' in that ongoing train wreck. Plenty more :lol:s to come for us

Looks like the dream is over.

I thought they would make it to the summer without losing a majority shareholding.

How long before 26% becomes an issue?

They are so not 'fan-owned' it isn't even up for debate anymore.

We are fan-owned.

KL is a fan, she owns us.

Chelsea are fan-owned, as are Villa, etc, etc.

"You will see when we announce our new training ground there will be similar opportunities for everyone in this room to invest further, but also backing from our presidents to ensure that there will be a state-of-the-art training ground back in Portsmouth".

Roll up Roll up .... donate more of your hard earned dosh to the bottom cess pit.

:mcinnes:

Unfortunately not so relevant now but before the Man City game there was the usual chorus of..'We are Southampton, we're off to Brazil'.. followed by '''You dirty skate b***ARDs you're off to the Skrill'..

There was also rendition of the old favourite.. 'Pompey, Pompey, give us your answer do, what's it like to go down from Division 2' (probably needs to be changed to 'Stuck in Division 2, for next year)

Got to hand it to the skates. They are avoiding relegation, and this was their best chance to make me happy. They will survive now in the heady heights of Div. 2 for many years to come, and I will never get the delight of seeing them drop out of the league.

My best hope now is for a good financial butt-raping followed by dissolution. There is still certainly a decent chance of that. :)

No, but Defoe and Crouch shared the trophy as the fastest heroes up the A3 once their wages stopped, Liam Lawrence was nominated as ticket office assistant of the year, Jonny Ertl still holds the record for most squirrels eaten in a tent by a player not costing the club a penny, Cotterill's US tour broke several records for pointlessness and lying to the fanbase, and of course Avram was three times a finalist in Horton Heath's slowest driver through the industrial estate competition - and he came first, every time.

But no is the short answer.

"You will see when we announce our new training ground there will be similar opportunities for everyone in this room to invest further, but also backing from our presidents to ensure that there will be a state-of-the-art training ground back in Portsmouth".

Roll up Roll up .... donate more of your hard earned dosh to the bottom cess pit.

:mcinnes:

they mention Presidents, Mugabe is a president.I do see similarities.

State of the art training facilities, have I missed the plans?? What does state of the art mean in their context? Is that an exercise bike with a digital monitor?

they mention Presidents, Mugabe is a president.I do see similarities.

State of the art training facilities, have I missed the plans?? What does state of the art mean in their context? Is that an exercise bike with a digital monitor?

I am reliably informed that their 'State of the art training facilities' will be based on the sound principles that underpin this state of the art moonshot training program

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&ved=0CDoQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmFd da_fNQXg&ei=H3BRU4OJCOfQ7AaitoDoBg&usg=AFQjCNE1NgSevt9f5YeaguLFY2bLmh2g2g&sig2=N32dfb_N_cHzTRZJ5NwBhQ

No, but Defoe and Crouch shared the trophy as the fastest heroes up the A3 once their wages stopped, Liam Lawrence was nominated as ticket office assistant of the year, Jonny Ertl still holds the record for most squirrels eaten in a tent by a player not costing the club a penny, Cotterill's US tour broke several records for pointlessness and lying to the fanbase, and of course Avram was three times a finalist in Horton Heath's slowest driver through the industrial estate competition - and he came first, every time.

But no is the short answer.

Just when this thread is running dry.... quality

I am reliably informed that their 'State of the art training facilities' will be based on the sound principles that underpin this state of the art moonshot training program

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&ved=0CDoQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmFd da_fNQXg&ei=H3BRU4OJCOfQ7AaitoDoBg&usg=AFQjCNE1NgSevt9f5YeaguLFY2bLmh2g2g&sig2=N32dfb_N_cHzTRZJ5NwBhQ

Kanu really is that old then.

This thread will, I venture, never be at any serious risk of running dry so long as the skates persist in their folly, and I expect the Himalayas will be eroded down to sea level long before that happens

But then there would be no Everest for Poopey to climb! Aaaaah! I see their plan now!

lol, I think you will find that they will get to the moon before the state of art training complex is built

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})