Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

How are people voting? Either "top 3" or "miss out on promotion" are arguably equally amusing....

I voted with my heart - miss out on promotion. Arguably losing the play off final would be the best way to achieve that but as long as they are in the bottom tier next season I'm not overly concerned how it happens.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I voted with my heart - miss out on promotion. Arguably losing the play off final would be the best way to achieve that but as long as they are in the bottom tier next season I'm not overly concerned how it happens.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

At some point earlier in the thread I said that anyone hoping for them not to make the play offs was a foolish hope - frankly it was nigh on impossible for the most well resourced club in the division to not make top seven. Unthinkable this season. Noble, glorious failure in the play offs was our best hope of LOLs.

But they've exceeded my expectations and now I am ready to hope for their noble, glorious failure of finishing eighth. Absolutely hilarious if that happens.

If they don't turn it around sharpish 8th might also be a doubt.

Given the relative squad strength at the start of the season compared to the rest of the league I will be left completely amazed if they fail to reach the playoffs at least. However while the most elegantly sadistic situation would be for them to just scrape the last playoff spot by goal difference and then to lose the playoff final to a visibly offside goal that gets given, I am starting to think we won't even see that.

Surely, surely they can't possibly miss out on even a promotion chance this season?

At some point earlier in the thread I said that anyone hoping for them not to make the play offs was a foolish hope - frankly it was nigh on impossible for the most well resourced club in the division to not make top seven. Unthinkable this season. Noble, glorious failure in the play offs was our best hope of LOLs.

But they've exceeded my expectations and now I am ready to hope for their noble, glorious failure of finishing eighth. Absolutely hilarious if that happens.

My desire to say "they have games in hand" is offset by that stat about them not beating anyone in the top 14. It just might be that they were spawny enough to play the entire bottom half at the start of the season and just didn't know it. :D

Either way they should have been absolutely bolted on for an automatic place this season and they're not looking remotely like doing that at the moment, even with games in hand.

It's amazing how that place sucks the effort out of journeymen. They go in enthusiastic, they come out bewildered and awful.

FWIW one of their former players Ricky Holmes is scoring for fun for the leaders having been injured for 4 months, and a couple of others they've let go in the past 18 months are above them in the table this season too.

Edited by The9

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35559141

Matt Tubbs says he is surprised to have not been part of Portsmouth manager Paul Cook's plans.

The former Bournemouth and Crawley striker, 31, joined National League Eastleigh on loan until the end of the season on Tuesday.

Tubbs has not played for his parent club since the end of October following injury and not being selected.

"Paul Cook told me that I don't suit the Portsmouth system, which is surprising," he told BBC Radio Solent.

"I did my maths and worked out that I had played eight games in total minutes on the field and scored five goals.

"That's quite a good return for someone who can't play that system."

Tubbs made his Eastleigh debut just hours after joining the Spitfires, but could not prevent them falling to defeat at Kidderminster.

"The last month has been really frustrating," he added. "I've been fit and there have been times when I was training on my own (at Portsmouth).

"I just wanted to play football, whether that was at Portsmouth, at Eastleigh or somewhere else.

"People say I shouldn't have dropped down a division, but I see this as a club with huge potential, who have a great chance of being in the Football League in a few months."

:lol:

http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/proposed-family-section-improvements--fans-consultation

The PST are keen to gather the thoughts of all PST members and PFC fans generally, as we look at working with the club to enhance the match day experience for fans that sit in the Family Section at Fratton Park.

Given they're all related, I'd always assumed the whole ground was designated a family section?

http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/proposed-family-section-improvements--fans-consultation

Given they're all related, I'd always assumed the whole ground was designated a family section?

I assume the kids are supplied with periscopes to watch the game from the South stand lower or is that the point, put them down there `below sea level', so they don't actually get sight of the **** football on display?

Either way they should have been absolutely bolted on for an automatic place this season and they're not looking remotely like doing that at the moment, even with games in hand.

is it possible that you could provide us with a wage bill to league position graph type thing?

21st century "professional" sports dietetics the Pompey Way... take them to a greasy spoon cafe in Southsea for a fatty full English breakfast...

Tinpot, delusional, 1970/80's mindset.

Football Manager laughs at old women that correctly points out that professional athletes he is responsible for should eat the right foods. You just could not make that up.

Football Manager laughs at old women that correctly points out that professional athletes he is responsible for should eat the right foods. You just could not make that up.

I hope the caff got the money up front.

Picture the scene.

The door to "The Greasy Skate" and what looks like a coach party on a day out from a correctional institute pile in. The shifty looking warder/instructor wanders up to the counter and speaks in his ticket Scouse accent.

"All right lah. We are de famous Portsmouth football club. We bin walking along de front and playing crazy golf and everytin'. We're bloody shrammed and could do wid some scran. Can you do us 30 full English brekkies and don't hold back on the baked beans."

"Certainly. Thirty full English with tea at a fiver a go, that's £150."

"Just put it on our account lah."

"You don't have an account. Not with anybody in this town."

"Just invoice the club. The lads is starving. Eighteen holes of crazy golf makes a man ravenous."

"Your club never pays invoices."

"Will you take a cheque?"

"Not if it has the letters P, F or C on it."

"Did I mention we are the new trustworthy, fan-owned Portsmouth Football Club that does every thing by the book?"

"Oh I didn't realise. In that case Mr Cook just leave your cash in the honesty box on the way out."

Picture the scene.

The door to "The Greasy Skate" and what looks like a coach party on a day out from a correctional institute pile in. The shifty looking warder/instructor wanders up to the counter and speaks in his ticket Scouse accent.

"All right lah. We are de famous Portsmouth football club. We bin walking along de front and playing crazy golf and everytin'. We're bloody shrammed and could do wid some scran. Can you do us 30 full English brekkies and don't hold back on the baked beans."

"Just invoice the club. The lads is starving. Eighteen holes of crazy golf makes a man ravenous."

"Did I mention we are the new trustworthy, fan-owned Portsmouth Football Club that does every thing by the book?"

"Oh I didn't realise. In that case Mr Cook just leave your cash in the honesty box on the way out."

I had no difficulty picturing that whatsoever, were you there?

TBF Ranieri was appalled at Leicester player's diet and then said he couldn't see it affecting their running so left them to it.

I don't think you need fear an occasional fried egg.

The old lady would have been fuming if her order was behind 32 impromptu breakfasts.

TBF Ranieri was appalled at Leicester player's diet and then said he couldn't see it affecting their running so left them to it.

I don't think you need fear an occasional fried egg.

The old lady would have been fuming if her order was behind 32 impromptu breakfasts.

One thing is for sure. You won't find Southampton fans idolising a player admitting to eating a Sausage and Egg McMuffin every morning before training. No sir.

One thing is for sure. You won't find Southampton fans idolising a player admitting to eating a Sausage and Egg McMuffin every morning before training. No sir.

Oh but the game has changed - we were watching rubbish back then. He would have been slaughtered on Twitter,for the oh so important running stats. He only runs 2.1km a game. Look at Milner's 12.7 average. Bet he eats muesli and never has a Malibu and Coke.

And they never used to hoover the end mites up. Different days.

Picture the scene.

Brilliant :lol:

Very good point and seeing as the skates are joint top Cook was probably right to ignore the old bat.

Very good point and seeing as the skates are joint top Cook was probably right to ignore the old bat.

Or listen to the old bat and get them eating well and watch them soar as super athletes with such advance sport science no one else knows about. Roared in in their cauldron as well would be unstoppable

Or listen to the old bat and get them eating well and watch them soar as super athletes with such advance sport science no one else knows about. Roared in in their cauldron as well would be unstoppable

Not sure why they'd need to bother. Top is top, so they can't get any higher anyway. Leave that sport science piffle to those teams that aren't top.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})