Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Heres an eloquent skate for you:

After an article about two islamic brothers from skatesmouth being jailed http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/brothers-from-portsmouth-are-jailed-for-plotting-terrorist-acts-1-7073197#axzz3rxy0JS3A

6 years only!!! Didn't some bird who pretended to be a bloke to bump uglies with another bird get 8 years? How is that comparable?? Potential murderers compared to a mental rug muncher who conned someone who is really, really stupid

He does have a valid point, but perhaps its lost in the translation.

She's got man hands

And a whale of a dive.

Anyway, back to the DFCSBs: if they keep dropping points there is a real danger of them falling out of joint first place. I'm wondering if this is the shit or bust season for them if they don't get promoted? A bit worrying :?, those parachute payments aren't going to last forever.

And a whale of a dive.

Anyway, back to the DFCSBs: if they keep dropping points there is a real danger of them falling out of joint first place. I'm wondering if this is the shit or bust season for them if they don't get promoted? A bit worrying :?, those parachute payments aren't going to last forever.

Haven't the parachute payments already gone?

But surely the finances are absolutely fine now?

Clearly good enough to maintain the revolving door policy of getting in managers and players from higher divisions and spitting them out again for nothing a couple of years later!

No need to worry about infrastructure. Although I did notice a skate on the Snooze complaining that there was no lighting in the North End bogs at the last home game. Presumably to match the cold water and lack of paper offered also.

Edited by TopGun

Surely you aren't suggesting that the dirty dirty skates haven't learned their lesson and have continued to spend like they are at the post Christmas sales despite the fact that they don't have as much money coming in and no super rich sugar daddy to pay the bills?

It kind of reminds me of the gambling addict who, having lost everything, keeps on placing that one last bet because 'this is it lads, this is the big one that's definitely going to win'

Surely you aren't suggesting that the dirty dirty skates haven't learned their lesson and have continued to spend like they are at the post Christmas sales despite the fact that they don't have as much money coming in and no super rich sugar daddy to pay the bills?

It kind of reminds me of the gambling addict who, having lost everything, keeps on placing that one last bet because 'this is it lads, this is the big one that's definitely going to win'

Maybe, but I think we'll find this is the bestest safestest most surefire one last bet in all the world

Ha. I checked the scores after our game and saw they were 1-2 up. Was annoying considering we'd just lost. Literally just found out about the equaliser. Brilliant. Nice long trip home that for 900 of the bestest.

I was delighted to discover Carlisle's equaliser as I was walking down the steps out of the bowl and made a point of telling everyone I knew. Bit of a screamer as well, lovely job. Nice long trip home for them as well.

Forget the legendary AC Milan game against Baresi, Guillet,Maldini,Inzahgi, Ronaldino, Rivera, Van Basten, Ray Wilkins, George Weah and Dasilly. In years to come all the talk will be ' I was there when we put 6 second half goals past 10 men, 7 losses on the bounce, York City.

To give them some credit though, that is six more efforts on target than their last home game.

Currently 4th which if they finish there I'd be happy with that, in that there's no way they'll finish outside the play offs.

Agree. I would think the playoffs would be the worst for them having made so many changes, mostly good. if they do go up as expected, League One is a different and difficult challenge. So many 'big' clubs there now.

Agree. I would think the playoffs would be the worst for them having made so many changes, mostly good. if they do go up as expected, League One is a different and difficult challenge. So many 'big' clubs there now.

So true, they will have to compete with 'massive' clubs like Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Bury and Shrewsbury !

But let's not deny them their dreams and aspirations, eh ?

:):):)

Play offs is failure really. They should be winning the league. They'll finished 3rd IMO which is job done I suppose.

They'll have Sheff United, Wigan and maybe Bolton in L1. When we were there we had Norwich, Leeds, Charlton and Brighton. As well as very good Peterborough and Huddersfield sides.

They won't have the luxury of 3 automatic spots either.

Skates still 4 points off automatic promotion places despite the win over 10 men. That's two wins for them and two defeats for the 3rd place side just to get into the last automatic promotion spot. Long way to go, but they're in bad form and have been for a while.

York are so bad that they're now below Newport and I've already booked my hotel in York for the weekend for their match in January.

[h=3]"THE CLOSE of the emergency transfer window passed without major incident for Pompey.

[/h] Paul Cook failed in his efforts to reduce the numbers in his squad by today’s 5pm deadline."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/window-closes-quietly-for-pompey-1-7087663

So, no-one wants the overpaid rubbish they've brought in on long contracts then. Quelle surprise. Great way to motivate your squad too. Tell 'em you want rid and then keep them because you there are no takers. Those who've been left out must be feeling really positive about their chances of getting back into the first team.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})