Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I genuinely think that this delusion is a factor in their inability to progress from this level. Every player is fed this tripe, about being a 'massive' club, as soon as they get through the door. Do the players then think they have an entitlement to win, as they are so massive?! Other clubs clearly see them for what they are, a Div 4 club - there on merit. If they faced up to that, then they just might be able to use the factors they have to their advantage in this league, to actually progress.

I hope thay carry on with their delusion...Its hilarious... long may it continue in div 4..

I hope thay carry on with their delusion...Its hilarious... long may it continue in div 4..

...and Div 4 is exactly where they need to stay, it's the only league they can say with a grain of truth that they're a "big club". In League One they'd 'one' of the bigger clubs...for tht league, in the Championship they'd be around 'average' and (don't laugh) if they ever made it back to the Premier League, they'd be minnows. Again.

On the Ugly Inside site it's been posted that there are rumours coming out of Pompey that Alan Mcloughlin is still waiting for his testimonial money. He even mentioned that the money is due to go to Cancer Charities "when I finally get my monies through" (37minutes 40secs here: http://talksport.com/football/warm-podcast-max-rushden-sunday-october-23-161023214543) on the Max Rushden show on Talksport at the weekend. The game was in July and he's still waiting for it?

I know they bounced some charities in their last admin but no excuse now? Maybe giving away all those season tickets for a fiver a game wasn't the best move now that cash flow has practically stopped? Bang out of order not paying an ex pro money (even more so when he's giving some/ all to charity) 3+ months on IMO.

Anything more on this? Absolutely disgraceful if true. They truly are a club with no morals.

If anyone gets bored, this skate on Twitter is pure comedy to wind up. Spurts every cliche you'd expect from that lot.

@dizzyboyash

Just had a look. His tweet today is a picture of the Kingsland Stand last night and 'dirty scummers'. His Twitter profile picture with his 2 friends looks like the Inbetweeners only more nerdish. He talks like the one who is always boasting about his non-existent sexual conquests and looks lke the one with glasses. Does anyone really want to bother to tweet this nerd?

Someone tweet him the picture of the two sets of fans at Wigan...

We were winning the attendance debate when we were in League 1 and they were in the Premier League, we're demolishing them now. I have no idea why they keep on at this, because they lose every time. In fact, it's wrong to use the word debate, there is no contest.

Yes, I'm pretty sure 21,400 is bigger than Pompey's all-time record League Cup gate and it's also considerably bigger than any home gate they've ever had for a cup game v Sunderland in their entire history. So, we hold the south coast record for both just from last night.

Pompey's last cup game v Sunderland:

Sat 23 Jan 2010 FA Cup 4th Rd. Pompey 2 Sunderland 1 attendance: 10,315

Yes, I'm pretty sure 21,400 is bigger than Pompey's all-time record League Cup gate and it's also considerably bigger than any home gate they've ever had for a cup game v Sunderland in their entire history. So, we hold the south coast record for both just from last night.

Pompey's last cup game v Sunderland:

Sat 23 Jan 2010 FA Cup 4th Rd. Pompey 2 Sunderland 1 attendance: 10,315

It was Saturday, they were still in in the PL and got 10,315. We played on a Wednesday and got more than double that.

I guess that demonstrates just how loyal and passionate they are.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/praise-lavished-on-pompey-academy-after-cup-cheer-1-7650567

Mikey Harris lavished praise on ‘outstanding’ Pompey Academy as they booked their place in the second round of the FA Youth Cup by thrashing Eastleigh 5-0 at Fratton Park last night.

Harris is now hoping his side can return to Fratton Park in the next round, with the draw taking place next Friday.

He added: ‘We’d love another home tie in the second round – Fratton Park is one of the best places to play in the country.

‘It’s a great experience for the boys, the surface is incredible and our fans are the best in the land.’

giphy.gif

Edited by trousers

Truly massive club

Portsmouth are a massive club and I am grateful for the opportunity.

Steal a march on Eastleigh

Lowe was attracting interest from the likes of Eastleigh as his goalscoring exploits made an impact.

I'd say there's a bit of a disconnect in there somewhere...

:mcinnes:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/j-lowe-set-to-arrive-on-block-as-pompey-dream-comes-true-1-7652252?

It is inevitable that they are going to start running out of money if they keep failing to get out of League Two, their business model of signing lower league journeymen and has beens each season is not sustainable.

I wonder how bad things will be if they fail to get promotion again this season?

I heard it's promotion or bust this season. Just like last season, and the season before ....

That's right they hated playing AC and didn't win on purpose to teach UEFA a lesson. They definitely don't have an AC Milan DVD and never made posters about "that night". They much prefer playing real teams like Mansfield.

Still amuses the hell out of me that they think one of their greatest achievements is a draw

I had a guffaw to myself thinking of them all in their grotty council estates, apoplectic with rage at our big Milan win.

Go and have a look at their fans online forum. Its brilliant the way they are not bothered, having a number of threads on their about the number of empty seats, lack of atmosphere, delusional Saints fans, and some favourites about how big they are, how great FP is, and how they are not the slightest bit jealous that there might be a £200m takeover.

I pop onto the site every week or so, just to remind myself how much worse off we are compared to them!!!

Did they play a return leg against AC Milan? I can't remember now. All I know is that even though we actually beat Inter, they'll still milk blowing a 2-0 at home to AC more than us actually winning the game.

Nope. They qualified for the competition during the period when the group stage was groups of 5, only playing each team once. I remember they got battered away at Wolfsburg, drew at home with Milan and beat a not-particularly-famous Dutch side (Heerenveen, perhaps?), must have lost their other away game as well as they didn't get through.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})