Page 2184 of 2184 FirstFirst ... 11841684208421342174218221832184
Results 109,151 to 109,167 of 109167

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet but apparently we are like Leyton Orient and they are like Liverpool....http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...th/news/44794/

'I watched the Liverpool game the other night and it reminded me so much of us. They’ve got top class players and even they struggled to break Southampton down. We know it will be no different, but we need to start putting points on the board if we want to achieve our goals.

Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)

Orient have equalised in their big cup final

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Watched the highlights, looked like there was an entire block of empty seats in the away end. Surely some mistake...
    RE: Newport v Portsmouth on Boxing Day - Plymouth fans managed to break the temp seating the week before in the FA Cup replay, so they weren't allowed to use that block.

The fact they hadn't sold enough tickets for that to be an issue was the interesting bit.

As for the match, yeah, County went 2-0 up and completely deserved it, then fell apart as they have been all season. Enjoyed it hugely for an hour though! Still, County have signed 9 free transfers/loans so when I go to Fratton in a couple of months they might be up for a 4th successive win at Fratton.
    Last edited by The9; 16-01-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate Ho View Post
    LOL. Does a thread about Pompey's proposed takeover that reaches three pages in a couple of hours once again demonstrate just how little you care about Pompey? FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Err, I think you'll find that Pompey's position is built on loans from banks rather than any money from Gaydamak. Britain's position in the world however is more than partly built on arms dealing. If you really find arms dealing that distasteful and want to assume a moral high ground I suggest you emigrate.

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company. As for raising the money from Abu Dhabi, that's not where it's rumoured to be coming from. Try Germany.
    Still fantastic to read

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthrea...914#post367914

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate Ho View Post
    There was an interesting quote in the arab press when he was interviewed about buying the club. He said, "I've not just bought a football club, I've bought a city". Leaving aside your infantile jokes that will no doubt follow that, it's interesting. Given that his background is in property development I suspect that he's going to leverage the goodwill he'll generate from the council to make money from property development once the market picks up. He's already said he's in this for the long haul so there's no quick buck.

The media have been banging on about the fit and proper test ever since his bid became public. Plenty of them reported that Shinawatra was involved (5 Live included) which turned out to be completely false. Pompey and Al Fahim have been unusually tight lipped over the details on this one and none of the media have been right about any of it at any stage of the process. Al Fahim knows what the PL need for the FAPPT and I can't see how he would make any mistakes in what he presents to them. Can't see this test being a stumbling block. Only problem I can see is if Gaydamak refuses to drop the price or if there's an issue with terms of bank loan repayments and the way they're structured/ paid etc.

You lot make me laugh. "Back where they belong" "Back where we belong". Look chaps, we are where we belong because we won enough points to stay in the Prem. You're where you belong because you ****ed up your chance when you refused to buy good enough players and pay decent salaries and then weren't good enough to avoid two (count them) relegations.

You are where you belong. You've earned the right to be there. Just like we have.
    http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthrea...953#post377953

Superb.

8. Default

Corporate Ho. A rose amongst the thorns... Delightful

The tablecloth returns for a Pompey Trust event

Nothing says "competent and professional ownership" more than a badly dressed bunch of muppets sipping pints of lager resting on a wallpaper table with a creased sheet on it.

11. Default

Are those prison bars in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Are those prison bars in the background?
    To stop the supporters getting out? I guess if they can't leave early, all they've got left is to boo.

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Nothing says "competent and professional ownership" more than a badly dressed bunch of muppets sipping pints of lager resting on a wallpaper table with a creased sheet on it.
    Lol

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    To be fair, he is bang on the money with that last short paragraph!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What a surprise that he hasn't posted since 2012. The gigantic skate bellend.

I miss those days. I spent the hours in between lectures at university browsing this thread. The numerous court proceedings, along with the Pompey News webchats, were superb fun. I kind of want them to get a couple of promotions and then for it to go wrong again.

The only thing missing is a victory against them. 12 years and counting, that's half my lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I miss those days. I spent the hours in between lectures at university browsing this thread. The numerous court proceedings, along with the Pompey News webchats, were superb fun. I kind of want them to get a couple of promotions and then for it to go wrong again.

The only thing missing is a victory against them. 12 years and counting, that's half my lifetime!
    You sad bast**d