Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From fansonline.net ....lol

So new signing with a huge expectation come on to pitch in front of huge crowd, the nerves kick in and the claustrophobic atmosphere brings on anxiety. Fear and stress kick in, scared to mess anything up. Stage Fright yet again.

If we were like 2,000 attendances I am sure a lot of players we had over past few years would do a lot better. They just lose it.

Craig Wilkinson ‏@CraigNWilkinson 17m17 minutes ago Portsmouth, England

Disgusting football from Carlisle. Park the bus then celebrate the draw, says a lot about how **** they are.

Alex Fugard ‏@AlexFugard 19m19 minutes ago

One positive of living in New York. I won't have to watch another season of league two mediocrity under Paul Cook #Pompey

Bradley Saunders ‏@BradSaundersPfc 23m23 minutes ago

A whole squad celebrating a draw at Fratton park.. Not the first and won't be the last for #pompey this season

Luke ‏@TanookiChallis 34m34 minutes ago

Imagine traveling hundreds of miles to aee your team open the season only for them to park the bus.

:lol: :lol:

God forbid a team successfully defends when playing a man short for an hour, and then celebrates completely upsetting the odds eh? Absolutely top, top levels of delusion there.

For context, I went for 4 aways today and Carlisle were the only one that had someone sent off, and also the only one that didn't lose. :D

I'm just disappointed that Newport's late concession put them below the Skates, until then they were ahead on goals scored. That'll be the last time Newport are above them this season I should think.

Still relish the fact that the County Academy side were totally outplayed by the next generation of Pompey stars but still managed a very lucky 2-2 draw.

Pompey youngsters had 214 shots hit the post 173 times and County scored two lucky goals from breakaways which were both miles offside.

Count yourself lucky!!

Craig Wilkinson ‏@CraigNWilkinson 17m17 minutes ago Portsmouth, England

Disgusting football from Carlisle. Park the bus then celebrate the draw, says a lot about how **** they are.

Alex Fugard ‏@AlexFugard 19m19 minutes ago

One positive of living in New York. I won't have to watch another season of league two mediocrity under Paul Cook #Pompey

Bradley Saunders ‏@BradSaundersPfc 23m23 minutes ago

A whole squad celebrating a draw at Fratton park.. Not the first and won't be the last for #pompey this season

Luke ‏@TanookiChallis 34m34 minutes ago

Imagine traveling hundreds of miles to aee your team open the season only for them to park the bus.

:lol: :lol:

So let's think about this shall we?

You're one goal up, you have a player sent off so what do you do? You defend the lead you have you don't try and do anything other than defend and maybe hit them on the break.

Skates crying about it clearly demonstrates their lack of understanding. If I were them I'd be more worried about their team playing 60 minutes with a one man advantage and only coming away with a point. Hardly what you'd expect from a team that's supposed to be winning the league this season.

Remember there is no coherent strategy at Fatpipes. At the start of the summer it was announced the existing squad would be tweaked with a few additions and by the start of the season they had signed 11 new players. Six of them started today. A management consultant would have a field day with McInnes, Catlin, the 11 HNWs and the Trust as well as concluding that Cook has no real plan for the squad either.

Still relish the fact that the County Academy side were totally outplayed by the next generation of Pompey stars but still managed a very lucky 2-2 draw.

Pompey youngsters had 214 shots hit the post 173 times and County scored two lucky goals from breakaways which were both miles offside.

Count yourself lucky!!

I doubt any of them will get close to playing in the EFL so not massively bothered tbf.

I assume the other 87 clubs have it wrong or cant afford natural grass. There must be a reason why the others use other than natural, we might see come January when it is a mud bowl. They have the best natural grass on the South Coast, and in the top 5 in England. Will they do a commemorative dvd about it?

Yet another demonstration of the massive chip on their shoulders which forces them to constantly try and claim they are somehow better than everyone else. Pathetic.

Not only this, but also clinging on to something no-one cares about for far longer than it is relevant, where everyone else has moved on and improved, because they're so entrenched in their mindset that they must have already been the best at it so why would you want to do something different? See also banging on about winning the League 70 years ago.

Just catching up on yesterday's events. Good to see Tinpot Town have decided to retain the same levels of chortle fodder this season.

The only downside though is that it further delays the return of the Corporate "we only post when we're winning" Ho brigade. Was rather hoping they would get promotion at long last this season just to raise the chortle bar up a few notches for next season.

Hey ho (pun intended), can't have it all I suppose...

[emoji38]

Thought this was funny on one of the fews MB's

"Whilst walking away from FP on Saturday,spoke with several Carlisle fans who thought we were awesome and rightly favourites to win the league."

More fuel for the delusion furnace.

This season will be a walk in the park with record points if that's the case.

Anything less and the fans will boo them of the pitch.

Not only this, but also clinging on to something no-one cares about for far longer than it is relevant, where everyone else has moved on and improved, because they're so entrenched in their mindset that they must have already been the best at it so why would you want to do something different? See also banging on about winning the League 70 years ago.

It's the same as putting up a sign with "one of only 5 clubs using CDs in the dressing room stereos - enjoy it while you can".

Things have brightened up since the start of the new season. It was great watching Jeff Stelling back in the hot seat on Saturday, seeing the skates 1-0 down in their first home game of the season. When the red card came in at 28 minutes, I could only assume the top tip for walking the league (MKIV) would be able to overcome the mighty deficit with ease.

LOL

Now its not just the ref being over awed, it's also their own players? According to the press template, they have all dropped out of higher leagues to play for the bestest, citing the giantestest fanbase as their motivation for joining. In general, stadiums and supporter bases are much larger higher up the pyramid, so I'm not sure about that latest portsmyth.

I can't wait for a (hungover) Cook berating a local journalist for asking honest questions, along with his gravelly, scouse voiced ranting in general.

I look forward to Champagne Iain getting animated in the stands again, whilst making ongoing grandstanding gestures.

The mighty walkout of the JPT, which they have slagged off since 2010. All of a sudden, they want to take the competition seriously, how strange? We all know what they object to, and whilst being destroyed by Reading FCs youth team will be humiliating, it isn't them is it?!

Great to read the Tesco money is promptly fizzling into nothing, though Catlin has stated they may have boosted the gate by 2-300 seats as a result of their landlocked future funded emergency safety certificate measures.

It was certainly interesting that they went ahead with the "stadium upgrades" anyway, without even taking the trouble to check whether it would actually increase their capacity or not. It's almost as if there was some other reason behind it.

But it was good that it wasn't really urgent, otherwise they would have started it immediately at the end of last season. At least they managed to delay the work until Webster left for Ipswich, as a mark of respect for the lad.

But, as you say, at least that Tesco money was ring fenced. It will come in really handy when the Stadium Upgrade Working Party announce their conclusions later this season.

It was certainly interesting that they went ahead with the "stadium upgrades" anyway, without even taking the trouble to check whether it would actually increase their capacity or not. It's almost as if there was some other reason behind it.

But it was good that it wasn't really urgent, otherwise they would have started it immediately at the end of last season. At least they managed to delay the work until Webster left for Ipswich, as a mark of respect for the lad.

But, as you say, at least that Tesco money was ring fenced. It will come in really handy when the Stadium Upgrade Working Party announce their conclusions later this season.

Quite right, that'll all be needed for the poopy harbourdrome which will be sold out to eager ST holders long before its finished

Any reason coventry are 6/4 tonight rather than hugely odds on to beat them?

Probably just an auto-correct snafu.

Plumpy don't suffer from such unprofessional behavior since they are the only club still using typewriters - enjoy it while you still can ™

Any reason coventry are 6/4 tonight rather than hugely odds on to beat them?

Probably because all the L1 and the Championship sides unfortunate enough to be playing are fielding weakened teams. Newport were comfortable favourites against a weakened-by-11-players-and-named-yesterday-coincidentally-by-their-welsh-manager MK Dons side (and are leading 1-0 as well).

Had a trundle around Betfair earlier, there's no value anywhere.

No excuses not to win this match, there's no crowd to be intimidated by

CpcDFbLWEAA_-yQ.jpg:large

Are they protesting here as well? All 12K of the mightyest walking out before the players even enter the field?

I must admit, I struggled for a split second distinguishing between the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy, so the few may well have assumed this is the JPT proper, and shuffled up to Cov.

Despite the largest walkout in football history, the plucky league two strugglers are fighting for a lucrative replay against SISU (was it 6K we took last time at the Ricoh?)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})