Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Salvaging a draw with a late goal against a team who are 21st in the 4th division is a great result for resurgent Portsmouth. No really.

Look when we drawing with Liverpool and they are drawing with Cheltenham on the same day, it just goes to prove we have no rivals in Hampshire?

My son went to the Cheltenham v skates match. Cheltenham missed a golden opprtunity to make it 2-0 at one stage.

On the way back from the ground a civilised skate told 'young badger' that "no disrespect mate but we need to be despatching teams like you if we're seriously looking at going up". Maybe the penny is beginning to drop with some skates....

The other observation was how most people were knobbed off by TCWTB and the persistent ringing through the match.

My son went to the Cheltenham v skates match. Cheltenham missed a golden opprtunity to make it 2-0 at one stage.

On the way back from the ground a civilised skate told 'young badger' that "no disrespect mate but we need to be despatching teams like you if we're seriously looking at going up". Maybe the penny is beginning to drop with some skates....

The other observation was how most people were knobbed off by TCWTB and the persistent ringing through the match.

Rest assured that skate is in the minority. And how else do you think TCWTB got the title?

I remember TCWTB was sitting near me in the Itchen at that England Match at SMS v Macedonia. He was constantly ringing that bell until one fan threatened to throttle him and that quietened things down a bit.

I remember that too.

One thing I will give him credit for was the balls to turn up at a rivals ground and start singing 'Play up England' etc

I agree he did quieten down when the Saints fan threatened to lump him

Pompey's official site is billing the Luton game as the "clash of the titans".

That's a match between the teams currently 4th and 5th in League 2 then. Titans indeed :mcinnes:

It is such a massive clash that the Skates have failed to sell out their allocation of 1000 tickets.......perhaps they are afraid they bump into some of the travelling army of Saints fans on their way to Luton airport to fly to Prague on our European tour.

2 points behind the promotion places with the side in the last promotion place having a match in hand. Ho hum, still in a playoff place.

Meanwhile Newport lost their first match in 7 and drop back to the bottom of the division - only 9 points off the playoffs though!

In case anyone is interested the Pompey News 'Ace' reporter, Mr N Allen, has brought out a new book for pre Christmas release.

It will be on sale at various high class book sellers at a very reasonable £16.99 per copy.

Title is 'Played Up Pompey' and includes interviews with 'stars' from Pompey's past, all presented in short paragraphs, with plenty of pictures, for ease of reading.

Likelihood is that quite a few of the initial print run will end up at a certain second hand book shop in Petersfield with a price tag of £1.99, some time in the new year.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})