Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'd rather it was done and dusted before the play offs. Agonisingly just missing out on a play off spot!

By drawing of lots due to all tie-breakers being the same. Or if they have a one off match then them blowing a 4-0 half time lead with 3 goals against in time added on.

As I've said before, I/we want Pompey to get promoted so we can start to see their tinpot 'fan ownership' (sic) operating model start to unravel when the financial demands of playing in a higher league start to kick in. They won't be able to resist overspending, upon which we go back to square one on the nutjobbery snakes and ladders board. Where's the fun in them bobbing around in Division 4 for the rest of eternity...?

Edited by trousers

As I've said before, I/we want Pompey to get promoted so we can start to see their tinpot 'fan ownership' (sic) operating model start to unravel when the financial demands of playing in a higher league start to kick in. They won't be able to resist overspending, upon which we go back to square one on the nutjobbery snakes and ladders board. Where's the fun in them bobbing around in Division 4 for the rest of eternity...?

Its win/win for us. If they get promoted we can enjoy the spectacle of their tinpot clown car 'competing' with better-run outfits, if they fail then its another generous helping of schadenfreude while they struggle with the ongoing karmic consequences of their gunrunner-funded cup run

Is it too much to ask for two agonising last-minute play-off defeats in a row?

Just having one was rather amusing, but two... surely not?

This but in the final with Cook bringing on a very unpopular sub (booed) who scores the own goal with his first touch.... can you imagine the fallout?

It would be a joy to behold... :D

Its win/win for us. If they get promoted we can enjoy the spectacle of their tinpot clown car 'competing' with better-run outfits, if they fail then its another generous helping of schadenfreude while they struggle with the ongoing karmic consequences of their gunrunner-funded cup run

Yep, don't care either way as there is fun to be had regardless.

If they fall out of the playoffs that would be spectacular! I cannot see it myself and perhaps they can build up a record of playoff failure.

Time to bet on them to get promoted guys.... its a win win situation and either way we'll be pleased with the outcome....

Best case scneario, they get relegated from League 1 next season and go into administration due to the financial shock of overspending on journeymen and then not being able to afford it on League 2 revenues :mcinnes::lol:

Time to bet on them to get promoted guys.... its a win win situation and either way we'll be pleased with the outcome....

Best case scneario, they get relegated from League 1 next season and go into administration due to the financial shock of overspending on journeymen and then not being able to afford it on League 2 revenues :mcinnes::lol:

I'd vote for that :D #karma

expat in spain

At least cook put Chaplin on at half time. Why cook cannot see what the majority of pompey fans can and that is Chaplin should be on the team sheet first with 10 others, after all he is the best striker outside the premiership.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/chaplin-rescues-point-for-pompey-1-7828430

:mcinnes:

The best striker outside the Premiership? :scared:

For starters, that's a rugby competition, so that is quite a claim.

And pompey have fallen so far they have not a clue about what is happening in bigboy football.

They think that every coach who shows promise in the 4th tier is the next England manager, and that any player who scores a couple of goals against Barnet or Newport is destined for Chelsea or Man City.

How far do they have to fall before reality floods in and washes away these insane delusions of mediocrity??

I was at the Barnet game, ticking off the Hive. They were lucky to get a point. While their goal was splendid it was their only shot on goal in the entire game and their defence was frightened to death by Akinde. Away fans were noisy at the start but faded away until the equaliser, and who takes flares to a League Two game? Saw Newport against Carlisle earlier this season and I couldn't see any real gap in class between them and a team struggling to stay in the league.

:-)

Rallyboy has such a wonderfully beetchy turn of phrase that I wonder what he could achieve with a bit of PMT!

Hehe! Nice one!.....I'm still not sure that a spell Of Pompey Mentality Training would be effective on him though. Tests have shown that special form of PMT only works on imbeciles.

Yesterday my team didn't have a fixture so was able to have a few (cough, cough) lunchtime pints down my social club in the village, practising for next Sunday...

The bar man is a Pompey fan so we got chatting. He hates Cook, inter alia for not playing their top scorers and being generally incompetent, but he also was scathing about TCWTB (I whispered the meaning in his ear as the bar was crowded!). He wished that he and his 'window lickers' [his words] were not associated with the club. I had some sympathy with that view..

He also observed that whenever the telly interviews women in Portsmouth they always go for the ones with 'pickle stickers'... anyone heard that phrase before? :-)

Yesterday my team didn't have a fixture so was able to have a few (cough, cough) lunchtime pints down my social club in the village, practising for next Sunday...

The bar man is a Pompey fan so we got chatting. He hates Cook, inter alia for not playing their top scorers and being generally incompetent, but he also was scathing about TCWTB (I whispered the meaning in his ear as the bar was crowded!). He wished that he and his 'window lickers' [his words] were not associated with the club. I had some sympathy with that view..

He also observed that whenever the telly interviews women in Portsmouth they always go for the ones with 'pickle stickers'... anyone heard that phrase before? :-)

'window licker'

sshot4ec6afd96b063.jpg

'pickle sticker'

sticker,375x360.u1.png

I was at the Barnet game, ticking off the Hive. They were lucky to get a point. While their goal was splendid it was their only shot on goal in the entire game and their defence was frightened to death by Akinde. Away fans were noisy at the start but faded away until the equaliser, and who takes flares to a League Two game? Saw Newport against Carlisle earlier this season and I couldn't see any real gap in class between them and a team struggling to stay in the league.

Newport's signing of Skate reject Ryan Bird seems inspired. Still adrift at the bottom but that guy is just another one who has blossomed away from Fratton - three goals in five games for a team that's won once in 12. There are so many Skate rejects improving when they leave there now it's getting silly.

Newport's signing of Skate reject Ryan Bird seems inspired. Still adrift at the bottom but that guy is just another one who has blossomed away from Fratton - three goals in five games for a team that's won once in 12. There are so many Skate rejects improving when they leave there now it's getting silly.

I was thinking this the other day, after seeing Akinde's scoring record at Barnet. Anyone got a list of players that have left in the last few years, that have gone on prosper for other clubs? Sonny Bradley & Ricky Holmes also leap to mind.

Alex Read, without doubt the biggest melt ever seen on Twitter. Feel sorry for his kid, what a helmet.

I wonder whether it has penetrated his thick skull that his one year old kid will in all probability never in his life time see the skates play in the Premier League again.

Hahaha, is that **** still obsessed with us? He blocked me years ago for mocking that cringeworthy #PompeyGers thing he was trying to sort out which mainly involved him giving Rangers fans rimjobs on Twitter.

He is. Literally every-other tweet is about us and then he calls us obsessed. Not that it bothers me. What's wrong with laughing at your rivals? Look at this thread!

10 years ago he was a poor Pompey striker who left them for Olympiakos. Today, he's a 36-year-old without a contract, and suddenly Pompey are his true passion and spiritual home and he wants to come back.

Do other clubs do this? I've not noticed it.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/lualua-i-want-to-come-home-to-pompey-1-7834446

10 years ago he was a poor Pompey striker who left them for Olympiakos. Today, he's a 36-year-old without a contract, and suddenly Pompey are his true passion and spiritual home and he wants to come back.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/lualua-i-want-to-come-home-to-pompey-1-7834446

The funny thing is they'll fall for it and lap it up.

Or Colchester. Lol.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})