Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

MH: "I was hoping that a tax rebate, won for me by the excellent Steve Tovey, would arrive in time to satisfy a number of demands on my finances including this. However, the Inland Revenue endlessly protracted the business of settling up with me."

Now that's amusing!

MH: "I was hoping that a tax rebate, won for me by the excellent Steve Tovey, would arrive in time to satisfy a number of demands on my finances including this. However, the Inland Revenue endlessly protracted the business of settling up with me."

Now that's amusing!

:lol:

Now that's amusing!

Those pesky Revenue people :lol:

Only £34,997,000 to go (give or take a few pence in the pound)..

Alas the real figure is much much higher.

Over and above the 35 million or so that they owed the tax man, the wiping away of 90 million unsecured debt (First admin) meant that the tax man missed out on tax that would have been payable on that ....even at 25% that would have been another 30 million.

Part of me thinks it would actually be more entertaining if they did sneak promotion this season as they surely won't be competitive in League 1 and could easily yo-yo back down again. Now *that* would be amusing.

Yes it would. But even more amusing is seeing them fester in League 2 (or the 4th Division as I prefer to call it), followed by administration over an unpaid £2,999 debt, relegation to the conference, and liquidation.

Mick's response on POL:

Unfortunately, the first I heard about a legal bill in December was this week, so I am also confused why there were repayments after that.

The statement says that my decision to resign was linked to the money being advanced to Mike Hall. This is not true. I advocated strongly for a simple statement as soon as questions were asked about it, but this never happened.

No mention of the fact that the 12th man account was brought under the Trust umbrella in November 2013 as evidenced by the fact that bank account balances, including 12th man, were reported at the PST board meeting.

No mention of the fact that we were told by Steve Tovey that the accounts would not be presented to the AGM at 1.28pm on 8th December, the actual day of the AGM.

No mention of the fact that we were told by Steve Tovey that the audit started late and would not be completed in time when in fact the auditors had received no information from him whatsoever.

No mention of the fact that on Thursday 11th December, I and a respected colleague offered to help Steve Tovey to get the accounts finished and to the auditor. He declined our help and promised to get the accounts to them on Monday 15th December which did not happen then or for many weeks.

No mention of the fact that Steve Tovey resigned from the role as treasurer and from the board. His resignation from the board was withdrawn and accepted by the PST board.

I consider Steve Tovey to be an honest man, a true Pompey fan, and that I believe he came to his role in PST with the very best of intentions. However, good intentions are not enough in such a role. I have never held the view that being a volunteer excused anyone from the requirement to deliver their very best regardless of their unpaid status.

I believe that the fans who make up the membership of the trust deserve much higher standards, in terms of the financial management itself, in the determination of the board to hold colleagues to account and to uphold the principles of honesty and transparency. If such standards are not to be maintained, then my only option was to distance myself from such an unsatisfactory situation via resignation

Mick's response on POL:

Unfortunately, the first I heard about a legal bill in December was this week, so I am also confused why there were repayments after that.

The statement says that my decision to resign was linked to the money being advanced to Mike Hall. This is not true. I advocated strongly for a simple statement as soon as questions were asked about it, but this never happened.

No mention of the fact that the 12th man account was brought under the Trust umbrella in November 2013 as evidenced by the fact that bank account balances, including 12th man, were reported at the PST board meeting.

No mention of the fact that we were told by Steve Tovey that the accounts would not be presented to the AGM at 1.28pm on 8th December, the actual day of the AGM.

No mention of the fact that we were told by Steve Tovey that the audit started late and would not be completed in time when in fact the auditors had received no information from him whatsoever.

No mention of the fact that on Thursday 11th December, I and a respected colleague offered to help Steve Tovey to get the accounts finished and to the auditor. He declined our help and promised to get the accounts to them on Monday 15th December which did not happen then or for many weeks.

No mention of the fact that Steve Tovey resigned from the role as treasurer and from the board. His resignation from the board was withdrawn and accepted by the PST board.

I consider Steve Tovey to be an honest man, a true Pompey fan, and that I believe he came to his role in PST with the very best of intentions. However, good intentions are not enough in such a role. I have never held the view that being a volunteer excused anyone from the requirement to deliver their very best regardless of their unpaid status.

I believe that the fans who make up the membership of the trust deserve much higher standards, in terms of the financial management itself, in the determination of the board to hold colleagues to account and to uphold the principles of honesty and transparency. If such standards are not to be maintained, then my only option was to distance myself from such an unsatisfactory situation via resignation

Seems like a nice bloke.

None of us can help how we're made, but that expression reminds me of an expired halibut

Whenever they wheeled him out for one of those tablecloth press conferences he's had that expression stuck on throughout. To me it's incredible how the Trust have allowed the secrecy around his resignation to continue for so long and breed so much infighting. Perhaps he's right, and he was the competent one.

Ive no idea about who said what - but you have to have an unheathily big ego to sue for defamation when you are a nobody with no public reputation to uphold. To sue citizens of foreign countries, meaning your chances of recovering anything are zilch - then you have to be stupid too.

Ive no idea about who said what - but you have to have an unheathily big ego to sue for defamation when you are a nobody with no public reputation to uphold. To sue citizens of foreign countries, meaning your chances of recovering anything are zilch - then you have to be stupid too.

Especialy when they're dead.

Result :)

they're currently 9 points south of the playoffs, how long until its mathematically impossible for them to escape?

A quick squizz at the table and with eight games left to play it looks like the playoffs will require a minimum of 70 points - on current form...

They currently have 49 points so would need another 21 to get to 70.

Whilst it's not mathematically impossible just yet, I reckon a loss or draw in the next two games will make it so - they basically need to win all eight remaining games to be guaranteed a play off spot... Their next game is at home against second place Shrewsbury....

I am SHOCKED. Nay, in fact I think I am STUNNED.

'Arry's transfer policy was dodgy? QPR's problems are all down to his transfer policy?

No way, never. Who could possibly have foreseen that? and what minion would stick their head above the parapet to attack "the Chosen One" this time round?

Joey Barton? Oh how I wish Turkish hadn't passed away it would have been so appropriate for him to say Joey Barton Critiquing 'Arry? Talk about calling a Spade a Banana.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-relegation-problems-down-harry-5385612

The Jed 'superstar' Wallace auction hots up...he's going all villainous sometime soon.

Inevitably his form has alerted a number of clubs from higher divisions

Yeah, that'll be because most people are in higher divisions!

It's not really possible for pompey players to attract interest from clubs lower in the league pyramid.

See Mr Hall is tweeting today.

@blueballoo2000: The consequences are coming folks - I've had a bad six months but I wouldn't swap it for the decade you've got coming up.

@blueballoo2000: I've been through an unbelievable ordeal over the last six months. Now I have the proof that shows I was telling the truth..,

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000 56m56 minutes ago

If anyone thinks I'm tweeting about the recent 'loan' farce they are so wrong

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})