League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder how many of us at home watching Sky did like I did and the guy on twitter getting up off the sofa and moving toward the TV as Josh ran away with the ball, shouted at him to pass it, louder at Shane to Go On and then scream Yesss!! Longgyy!! about a foot from the screen covering it in spit and nearly having the second heart attack of the night? I cannot stop re running that moment and it gives me the tingles like still seeing Bobby Stokes hit the winner 40 years ago…

Great summary payback for 1986 and Ian Rush.

I just wonder how many of us at home watching Sky did like I did and the guy on twitter getting up off the sofa and moving toward the TV as Josh ran away with the ball, shouted at him to pass it, louder at Shane to Go On and then scream Yesss!! Longgyy!! about a foot from the screen covering it in spit and nearly having the second heart attack of the night? I cannot stop re running that moment and it gives me the tingles like still seeing Bobby Stokes hit the winner 40 years ago…

Great summary payback for 1986 and Ian Rush.

The guy in the twitter video is virtually mirroring what I was doing at the time. One difference was that I jumped up as the ball hit hit the net and sent my son (aged 12) flying across the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good blog, enjoyed the read immensely.

The picture of Forster is very telling, how could he fail to stop the header from Zlat? People seem to be saying that he could not be faulted for the 3rd but really it was probably the worst of the three. I know it was point blank but he is ****ing huge and it went straight at him, but somehow he managed to get every part of himself out of the way. Even Wayne Shaw would have got that one.

A superb read, as ever Glen/Billy. This sentence summed up my feelings perfectly:

"In 2003 we all stayed in the stadium and watched Arsenal pick up a cup but there's no ****ing way I'm staying here to watch these ****s. Our boys have already come over to clap the fans so as soon as they've gone up the steps to receive their losers medals, we’re out of there."

A superb read, as ever Glen/Billy. This sentence summed up my feelings perfectly:

"In 2003 we all stayed in the stadium and watched Arsenal pick up a cup but there's no ****ing way I'm staying here to watch these ****s. Our boys have already come over to clap the fans so as soon as they've gone up the steps to receive their losers medals, we’re out of there."

Exactly. +1

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Very good blog, enjoyed the read immensely.

The picture of Forster is very telling, how could he fail to stop the header from Zlat? People seem to be saying that he could not be faulted for the 3rd but really it was probably the worst of the three. I know it was point blank but he is ****ing huge and it went straight at him, but somehow he managed to get every part of himself out of the way. Even Wayne Shaw would have got that one.

Yep.He made his reputation on being 'The Wall' in that he got part of his huge frame in the way of everything. Not much appears to be hitting him these days. I would have also said that at the point this picture was taken, bearing in mind how close it was, his hands should already have been up and making himself huge in Schmeichel style. The defending is shocking and is mostly to blame but Fraser will feel he should have done better I'm sure. It's not like Zlatan has buried int in the bottom corner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...