League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

You really don't like Juanmi do you? He barely got a kick. Not sure why there is a need to be so angry with him, some things just don't work out.

He obviously has some ability, hence he played for Spain. It's his application I have a problem with.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you echo most peoples sentiments. We know what sized fish we are in the pond, we know that football is what it is, and yes we were hoping the RK would be different. I don't think anyone is annoyed that he has gone (or going), just disappointed that he was not true to his word. I agree also, and have voiced it, that if he came out and said the salary was too good to turn down and secured him and his family for life, then I would be less disappointed. But like you, I reckon he'll trot out the ambition business which seems to be the card all football players use to excuse their shîtty behaviour. It's a little trite.

"For men way come, and men may go, but I go on forever".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without wishing to be a spoiler this summary on Jose is absolutely spot on:"It was a ‘tear in the eye’ moment to see José Fonte carrying the trophy around and giving it the big one. He stepped down a division to join us in league 1, won the JPT, promotion from league 1 to Championship, promotion from Championship to Premier league, 14th, 8th, Captain, 7th, Europa league Qualifiers, 6th, Europa League Group Stages. He was nowhere near the national team when he joined us and now look at him – holding up the second most prestigious trophy in World Football. And the best bit is that he’s still a Saints player and he’s achieved more as a Saints player than any of those bastards who’ve left in that time. Now that’s a legend."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...