Funny Beer Names.

Dog

Been to a beer festival today, I had a go on the Bishops Finger, took on the Village Idiot, slurped the Fox's Nob and fired into Old Rosie. How we laughed, that was until we left, when a jam sandwich was parked 100yds up the road. Burgers £4.50 each and I touched a ladies ferret.

Any other good names for beers?

P.S. my ar5e is a vuvuzela.

I liked the response from Orkney Brewery when some jobsworth said SkullSplitter should have a warning on the label - they asked what would you expect if you ordered a beer with such a name ?

And it is good stuff, just don't try 2 bottles in quick succession.

My local is called the Piddle Inn, and I regularly drink a pint of Piddle :D

I used to go to a pub near Wokingham/Henley called The Ferret Inn where they brewed their own before micro-breweries became fashionable.

I can't recall the names of the beers but they also made 'The Ferret Inn Cider'.

Hopefully promotion next year will mean a trip to derby and a visit to The Brunswick Pub, which has about 12 real ales on sale.

My favourite names wise was "The Usual" which I thought was pretty clever ...... pint of the usual? .... yes please.

My usual out here is Old Speckled Hen, which has somehow been morphed into Eric's Spotted kock by my lager drinking mates!!

Olde favs from back home include TangleFoot, Bishops Finger, Hobgoblin, Old Peculiar and Old Thumper.

Edited by ericofarabia

Ya bas****s, I've now got a thirst on, soon to be rectified by wandering down to the bar for the match. It's fizzy rubbish, but at least thirst quenching and you can drink more of it than wine!

Looking forward to my trip home, sunny beer gardens and decent pints and as a result lots of training runs to keep the tum and bum in trim and to be ready pre-season.

Don't feel very confident about it: wish I had some of my Broadside in the cellar as a pre-med..

Hopefully promotion next year will mean a trip to derby and a visit to The Brunswick Pub, which has about 12 real ales on sale.

My favourite names wise was "The Usual" which I thought was pretty clever ...... pint of the usual? .... yes please.

My usual out here is Old Speckled Hen, which has somehow been morphed into Eric's Spotted kock by my lager drinking mates!!

Olde favs from back home include TangleFoot, Bishops Finger, Hobgoblin, Old Peculiar and Old Thumper.

Always loved the Hobgoblin strapline = " What`s the matter lager boy? Frightened that you might taste something??"

I believe they had one in there called Black Sabbath :-)

Also last year I was drinking Comfortably Numb in the Wellington, which did the trick

I believe they had one in there called Black Sabbath :-)

Also last year I was drinking Comfortably Numb in the Wellington, which did the trick

LOL they most certainly did. That was the first pint we ordered ... it was only whilst it was being poured that we saw it was something like 6.8% :scared:.

A good start to the days drinking on an empty stomach :). I'm certain the beer helped in making it seem that we were playing The Dutch Duo's total football brand superbly as we 'thrashed' Derby 1-0. Admittedly Derby were p!ss poor an hadn't won a game for nearly a year, but my blurry memory is of us playing fanrtastic football.

Used to get 'Delirium tremens' in one of the pubs in Bevios Valley (cant remember the pubs name, it's the Dungeon now).

Also there was 'Bishops Tipple' (that we hilariously re-named Nuns Nipple), the Frog & Frigate used to brew their own 'Frog' (or maybe 'Frogger'), the strap line was 'one pint of Frog & you'll never frigate'. Also I recall 'Old Codger' & 'Moosehead', (or was that the slappers I got off with at the end of a Friday night after drinking this lot ;)).