Rumours of Saints player being arrested after trouble?

Tractor_Saint

There's a few separate posts in threads on this forum, 606 and also twitter about altercations last night in Southampton. Some saying Barnard was arrested and Harding involved. However, surely if something did happen we'd have something in the national press or really strong reports from others who were there. I can't believe there was a pub / club full of people who witness the incident / aftermath but haven't posted it anywhere?

More surprisingly, not sure why the Echo haven't picked up on it - since when have they waited for the truth.

Discuss? (or lock - hmmm)

There's a few separate posts in threads on this forum, 606 and also twitter about altercations last night in Southampton. Some saying Barnard was arrested and Harding involved. However, surely if something did happen we'd have something in the national press or really strong reports from others who were there. I can't believe there was a pub / club full of people who witness the incident / aftermath but haven't posted it anywhere?

More surprisingly, not sure why the Echo haven't picked up on it - since when have they waited for the truth.

Discuss? (or lock - hmmm)

These are the only ones ive heard of, Crossed wires maybe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11461259

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?25597-12pts-the-same-as-last-season&p=864068#post864068

If someone could start a new thread....! lee barnard was arrested in whitehouse last night for hitting someone with a glass bottle.

him, harding and butterfield were out in town, and inside whitehouse, a few lads gave dan harding some stick.

As they were leaving the club, they gave harding some more abuse, and lee barnard just flipped and hit him on the head with the botttle.

Last I saw was barnard being held by bouncers and police cars turn up.

This was on that thread too?

Actually this is spot on. It was in Whitehouse and it was a major incident. Allegedly (only saying allegedly because I wasn't there but a very good friend of mine was and it was his friend who was hit in the face with the bottle) a saints player mentioned above did hit someone in the face with a bottle. As far as I am aware he was arrested at the scene. My friend has no reason to lie, they are all Saints fans and claim it was totally unprovoked.

I was going to post earlier but knew I would get shot down!

Im sure the media would be quick to pick this story up. even from this site. I do not have a clue if it is true or not

for your sake Kaiser you better hope what you have said is true other wise a member of the old bill will be serving you a writ for libel?

If your so sure about this story why have you not posted the full details, were you involved and do you have stiches in your skull by any chance

Barnard and Harding were 100% out in Southampton last night. Barnard 100% looked like he had had a skinful. Alledgedly, an altercation in Whitehouse led to Barnard smashing a bottle over someones head, and being arrested. All alledgedly of course, I was not there at the time of the supposed incident.

Edited by LGTL

they are all Saints fans and claim it was totally unprovoked.

This statement alone is in itself wrong. no body goes up to someone and jugs them in the face for no reason

So we have gone from a rumour of a bottle smashed over the head to someone that was hit in the face with a bottle in an unprovoked attack. something dosent stack up.

A professional football wouldnt risk their career in an unprovoked attack would they?

Actually this is spot on. It was in Whitehouse and it was a major incident. Allegedly (only saying allegedly because I wasn't there but a very good friend of mine was and it was his friend who was hit in the face with the bottle) a saints player mentioned above did hit someone in the face with a bottle. As far as I am aware he was arrested at the scene. My friend has no reason to lie, they are all Saints fans and claim it was totally unprovoked.

Yes, obviously. They were probably minding their own business when Barnard just decided to smash a bottle in one of their faces.

they are all Saints fans and claim it was totally unprovoked.

This statement alone is in itself wrong. no body goes up to someone and jugs them in the face for no reason

So we have gone from a rumour of a bottle smashed over the head to someone that was hit in the face with a bottle in an unprovoked attack. something dosent stack up.

A professional football wouldnt risk their career in an unprovoked attack would they?

I'm not too sure people are really bothered about being specific, in regards to head/face....

I really hope not - really truely hope none of this is true. However, have you ever done anything after a few beers that you've regretted in the morning?

unfortunately chaps, be prepared to be dissapointed with one of our players over the next couple of days....

I am more concerned that players are over indulging in alcohol. by all means let them have a drink but get smashed (no pun intended) means the players are not going to manitain their fitness let alone

improve their fitness.

If it is true lets wait for the club to make a statement. We seem to get these rumours re saints fans being out on the pop every so often

Le god Yes i have regretted doing things when I have had a few beers. normally waking up next to one of Stu of romsey's rejects! LoL

no in truth never had the urge to **** somebody after a night on the tiles

My last post on the matter. There was an altercation as the guy who got hit with the bottle (resulting in lots of claret) slipped going down the stairs (i've never been there, so don't know what the layout is like) and was trying to apologize when the saints player just flipped. My friend was a couple of steps behind. He only realised it was a saints player when he was being interviewed by the police and the copper told him who it was, obviously after it all kicked off.

When the full facts come out, I cant see this guy playing for Saints again, which will be a big loss to the team, but will be what he deserves from what I know.

Didn't we have this last year? when a dozen people claimed to have seen Rickie Lambert get arrested after a fight in town. Turned out to be a complete fabrication.

Mate, would 6 or 7 people on this forum really make up the same story.....

Didn't we have this last year? when a dozen people claimed to have seen Rickie Lambert get arrested after a fight in town. Turned out to be a complete fabrication.

I remember one with DMG smashing a kebab in someones face.

I hope this isn't true, i guess we will find out in due course.

Deppo , its not about moral values at this stage.

If it is true and it is an unprovoked attack then the player deserves all that is comming to him but until the facts are lnown I do not wish to pass comment on this story

as you are innocent until proven guilty unless you are a saints player .

My comment was about the players level of fitness or lack of it at this stage nothing more nothing less

The Press...the fountain of truth!!

Who is to say Lambert wasn't carted off in a police van, but they released him without charge?

Yeah right the press would let that go if there was any truth in it. Surely if this happened last night at least one witness would have contacted the Echo, south today etc by now. They'd run the story pretty sharpish I'd have thought

Deppo , its not about moral values at this stage.

If it is true and it is an unprovoked attack then the player deserves all that is comming to him but until the facts are lnown I do not wish to pass comment on this story

as you are innocent until proven guilty unless you are a saints player .

My comment was about the players level of fitness or lack of it at this stage nothing more nothing less

Your comment was about them out drinking. Which is as equal in its conjecture as the glassing incident. You made a judgement as to which worried you most.

Deppo

Clearly I am not communicating my thoughts to you.

This alledged incident is very serious if true. However the point I was attempting to convey was I thought a number of players were physical unfit hence the poor lack of results and one of the rumoured reason AP was

sacked. While you cannot wrap players up in cotton wool day after day. You would expect them to be sensible in their drinking habits. This issue is not the first time it has reared its ugly head.

My comment was not about a judgement on what worried me most persae but the fact that if you are a professional sportsman then don't go out and get ****ed. I might add that I do not know if the alledged player

was drinking alcohol. He may well have just lost it for what ever reason we do not know. My concerns are about the level of players fitness thats all.

mate met barnard in a lift the other day and he chatted to him and seemed ok,had a bit of a joke etc...i heard there was an incident earlier today but someone said it was all handbags with lots of police being called but now seems it was more then that by reading on here...is our club bloody cursed

how is the person who was attacked?

never mind him, we got a witch-hunt going down and our striker is the witch.

This will never be confirmed in a court of law as football clubs ALWAYS do deals out of court and very speedily.

Money will change hands no matter what the club decide to do internally. Or maybe Cortese doesn't work like that, maybe he'll say tough, you are on your own. Fear not the club's lawyers are already on the case. I may or may not be ITK