Ashes 2nd Test

St Chalet

Have you already forgotten about Haddins tonne in the first test?

I know they did well in the first test, but they're the last pair before the tail, one mistake and now we'll probably get them out for less than 250... that's an awesome bowling performance on this wicket...

Was brilliant, as I was up with th ****s (Well not the ****s part) but it meant that I have been able to watch a lot of it by leaving the tv on. Could not believe it when I came back from me 50th poo of the evening and it was 0 for 2, I mssed the toss and my wife said well that is a good start and I thought it was us going to have lost an early wicket. Happy days though, let just hope we can post another 500+, but I have my doubts as the bowlers nightmare wicket does not seem so bad afterall.

Rugby 7's weekend here so had woken up with them at 140 odd for 4, headed out to the 7's with about 40,000 other p1ss heads...

All during the games the taters kept updating the crowd to huge roars and cheers from us, the Kiwis & the Yarpies. The tater kept up all day...

And for those of you who haven't heard Ricky Ponting was out when?

FIRST BALL came the hoots from the crowd.

Happy Daze and not just from the beer all day!

Great start to a game at Adeaide, now Cook & Strauss carry on where you left off boys

was a great day, sitting in the office - surrounded by the same people who gave me crap for England getting out for 260 first innings in Brisvegas. Time for some payback.

First time Aussies have got out for less than 250 since 1994 or something a that ground....average first innings score in Adelaide is 340 or something....they are struggling and as the only Pom in the office its great....until monday morning, lets hope we bat sensibly! :x

Was brilliant, as I was up with th ****s (Well not the ****s part) but it meant that I have been able to watch a lot of it by leaving the tv on. Could not believe it when I came back from me 50th poo of the evening and it was 0 for 2, I mssed the toss and my wife said well that is a good start and I thought it was us going to have lost an early wicket. Happy days though, let just hope we can post another 500+, but I have my doubts as the bowlers nightmare wicket does not seem so bad afterall.

I find leaving the tv on helps immeasurably when trying to watch something.

WTF was that kit England had on??!! Tequila Sunrise??? Morning after puke if you ask me!!! BTW well done England for winning the 7's and for getting into position to win in Adelaide!!

No idea, but it damned well worked. Huge surprise that we won it. We left before the Fiji game yesterday 'cos we thought no way we can come back from that and beat Fiji who'd looked really good.

Arrived this morning to find about 20 Aussie fans in front of us and so opened up with Georgeweahscousin's joke about the phone call to Ponting in the dressing room... got a whole bunch of cold stares back..

We then were losing to the Aussies in the QF with 6 seconds left and cross the line for a winning try with 0 seconds left which brings out a chorus of Can we play you every week.....

Then of course the taters kept updating the score and the Aussies got grumpier... Then astonishingly we beat the Kiwis - Aussies came out for the Plate final or whatever to a chorus of "Is this the consolation prize for LOSERS...

Then Samoa who'd been great no hope in the final we thought. Mental!

Edited by dubai_phil

Strauss Ponting row at the end of playwas apparently about Ponting being unhappy about Anderson sledging Haddin and Strauss joining in.

What a freekin pussy!! Bit harder to captain when you don't have Warne/McGrath/Gilchrist/Langer etc etc.

See you later you poisonous little dwarf :)

Have to agree with above poster. Warne, McGrath, Gilly, Langer and of course Haden would walk into the current team.

However, I think the Aussies are missing a couple of tricks.

1) They are opening with two 'created' openers, Katich started life in the moddle order and Watson was always seen as lower order / All-rounder.

2) When they lose an early wicket, why not send Hussey in at 3? He started test cricket as an opener and as the form player might take the lacquer off for Ponting and Clarke.

I agree - there are problems with their top order. To be honest, that's the job of the openers to take the lacquer off so that the no.3 batsman can make hay.

Trouble is, Ponting is class but not against the new ball!

Hasn't had to face it much before cos he had two great batsmen in front of him.

I agree - think Hussey would hurt us more.

Pride means that they won't do it, but early wicket should = Hussey @ 3, > 20 over = Ponting @ 3

Didn't Hayden & Langer have the best ever record of 100+ partnerships? They have to be up there with Greenidge & Haynes for best ever opening partnerships.

give it another 10 yrs and teams will be flexible with test batting order. They are now with 20/20 and one day stuff. Only a matter of time.

Anyhow, more importantly, KP to **** it about and declare just after tea about 350 ahead. Then get em in and skittle a couple out before end of play. Job done :)