Ashes 2nd Test

St Chalet

Weather forecast not looking good atall, most of the sites I've checked have rain down for virtually all day. Got the mrs here thinking about putting a big wager on the draw! £2k returns £4.5k on Ladbrokes at the moment.

Hope you didn't go for that........ Aussies are collapsing. 286-8

Sweet.

Think that is called a crushing Victory.

Shame about losing Broad, but the way the Aussies are right now I reckon even I would be too much for them in the next test with my 25kph occassionally on the wicket Donkey Drops

From Boycotts' email via Torygraph from someone on Twitter

"Rolf Harris, Dame Edna, Kylie Minogue, Shane Warne, Crocodile Dundee, your boys took a hell of a beating!!"

Edited by dubai_phil

What an amazing win... To beat the Aussies, in Australia, in an Ashes test, by an innings, 71 runs, and with 5 wickets spare in the first innings as well...

I'm actually speechless, I don't think I'll see a more convincing victory in such a big test again in my lifetime...

Now to get my sleeping pattern back to something near normal... (before I ruin it again in a week with the third test...)

Superb result.

lest we all forget...

I suggest you all look at what happened in the last Ashes series down-under before you accuse me of being negative.

This is an Australian team down on its luck, on a pretty big losing streak, with problems in its camp and universally dismissed as the weakest Ashes team in decades.

And we've handed the entire initiative and momentum to them in one day.

No chance will we get it back. The Aussies have got their tails up again now, and the result of this series will be the same as the last down-under : 5-0.

well played lads

Got to be Tremlett in for Broad, his height could swing him the decision.

F-knows who the Aussies will have, Katich is defo out, North and Doherty will both be dropped, Harris & Bollinger must be sweating on their places.

We got them on the run!!

talk of Warney coming back got any weight behind it? was watching on Sky when he was in the commentary box, he said he'd never say never but i really cant see it happening and i think there was some lip service being paid to Athers or whomever his co-commentator was at the time.

timmy bresnan is in pole to take over from Broad. this could actually be a pivotal moment in the series. Broady is a match winner, he can take wickets, he can swing the willow pretty well. Bresnan albeit a fine cricketer isnt a player the Aussies would fear in my humble. We might find it a little harder to take 20 wickets now.... i do hope im not having an alpine moment

talk of Warney coming back got any weight behind it? was watching on Sky when he was in the commentary box, he said he'd never say never but i really cant see it happening and i think there was some lip service being paid to Athers or whomever his co-commentator was at the time.

timmy bresnan is in pole to take over from Broad. this could actually be a pivotal moment in the series. Broady is a match winner, he can take wickets, he can swing the willow pretty well. Bresnan albeit a fine cricketer isnt a player the Aussies would fear in my humble. We might find it a little harder to take 20 wickets now.... i do hope im not having an alpine moment

Of the 31 wickets we have taken so far, broad has taken only 2, the other 3 seamers are more than capable of stepping up. I'd go with tremmlett, due to the pitch at the WACA.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes-forget-it--this-side-would-be-lucky-to-beat-bangladesh-20101207-18oct.html

For anyone who thought the English press where harsh on their national teams.

It makes wonderful reading, let's hope we rub their noses in it.

Just read that - jeez that was hilariously harsh ... did not know whether to LOL or actually feel sorry for the Aussies... decided to laugh out loud.

We don't need Bresnan to help us take 20 wickets for us to retain The Ashes now, we just need to stop Australia taking 20 more than once... now considering that they've only managed 16 in the last TWO tests... I'm starting to doubt they can touch us.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-ashes-forget-it--this-side-would-be-lucky-to-beat-bangladesh-20101207-18oct.html

For anyone who thought the English press where harsh on their national teams.

It makes wonderful reading, let's hope we rub their noses in it.

That was very funny. What a cracking piece of writing though!