January Transfer Window News and Rumours

Jimmy_D

Okay Jimmy.

I spoke with mrs L after a recent game, Rickie was posing for some photos with a group I'd taken to the match.

I asked her if she enjoyed the match, she told me that she had. I asked if she still liked it 'down here' and she told me that she did.

She was also chatting with some of the Mums about babies and gilrie stuff quite openly which gave me the impression that she felt vey much at ease with the fans and perhaps see's herself as part of the club's extended family.

Her demeanour gave the impression that she was not merely saying what she thought people wanted to hear, she came across as the perfect footballer's wife who hopefully will use all of her influence to keep him at a club and area that she feels at home in.

According to that Rocketswanie fella on 606 Middlesbrough have maintained their interest in Rickie and have requested permission to speak to him and have offered us a striker in exchange. That's all, no idea if true or who any such striker may be, Scott MacDonald perhaps?

According to that Rocketswanie fella on 606 Middlesbrough have maintained their interest in Rickie and have requested permission to speak to him and have offered us a striker in exchange. That's all, no idea if true or who any such striker may be, Scott MacDonald perhaps?

Think a few clubs might be sniffing around after Rickie, based on his form dropping off a cliff since last season. Could act in our favour - getting a new striker in and moving Lambert off the wage bill. (didn't think i'd be up for that 5 months ago!)

Oh and Hamster must be lying, nobody enjoyed yesterdays game ;)

Just hope Pardew doesn't make an offer for Lallana.

Would be just like Ashley to make a derisory offer to try and turn his head.

Then it would be put in the pile with the rest. I am staggered to read that most posters really believe that we haven't already 3 or 4 offers for Lallana on the chairman's desk. Hopefully he'll turn them down.

In January Newcastle can bypass the chairman, that's the problem.

Say 1st of Jan Asley faxes through an offer for Adam -250k, Cortese rejects offer straight away.

Ashley leaks the offer to the press and Lallana's agent.

Lallana decides he's bored of the third division and signs pre contract with Newcastle and joins them in the summe.

We go to a tribunial and get a fraction of what he's actually worth after we've paid Bournemouth there share.

Say 1st of Jan Asley faxes through an offer for Adam -250k, Cortese rejects offer straight away.

Lallana decides he's bored of the third division and signs pre contract with Newcastle and joins them in the summe.

We go to a tribunial and get a fraction of what he's actually worth after we've paid Bournemouth there share.

I am pretty sure English clubs are unable to even speak about contracts until the contract has actually ended (not the same with over seas players)

That said, i don't expect it would be the first time.

Only foreign clubs in January can sort out deals with players with expiring contracts in England. English clubs can't talk to Lallana about it until 6 weeks before his contract expires at the end of June.

can't, but will.

Just hope Pardew doesn't make an offer for Lallana.

Would be just like Ashley to make a derisory offer to try and turn his head.

I'd be very surprised if he DIDN'T make an offer for Lallana

...... and even more surprised if Lallana DIDN'T go

MONEY still talks, Loyalty ended with Le Tiss

If Lallana had any sense, he'd resist a Newcastle approach until the Summer. We might be in the same division as them next season.

Cortese wouldn't sell him in January anyway. What's the point. We won't get much for him because of his contract.

You never know, depending on promotion he might be happy to stay. We need another CM to play alongside Chaplow. That is our real weak area at the moment. A forward would also be nice, especially if Lambert's poor form continues.

The Scott McDonald swap rumour could have something in it.......his missus is a southampton girl and has not long ago had their first baby.

Not sure if hcdajfu or not? He hasn't exactly set the championship alight.

We will and most probably have offers for Lallana on the table, it will be a test of how much the 5 year plan is on track or not looking at our squad come 31st Jan.

Only foreign clubs in January can sort out deals with players with expiring contracts in England. English clubs can't talk to Lallana about it until 6 weeks before his contract expires at the end of June.

Remember last season with Beckford? There were rumours in January that he would join Everton at the end of the season when his contract ran out.

I'd be very surprised if he DIDN'T make an offer for Lallana

...... and even more surprised if Lallana DIDN'T go

MONEY still talks, Loyalty ended with Le Tiss

Le tissier put pen to paper and signed for Spurs, it was his Mrs that persuaded him to change his mind. Kelvin was pretty much the same as was Baird. Often was comes across as loyalty with footballers is just down to their wife/girlfriend not wanting to move.

I don’t believe there is any loyalty in football with the possible exception of a few scoucers playing at a strong team and on high wages.

The Scott McDonald swap rumour could have something in it.......his missus is a southampton girl and has not long ago had their first baby.

Not sure if hcdajfu or not? He hasn't exactly set the championship alight.

We will and most probably have offers for Lallana on the table, it will be a test of how much the 5 year plan is on track or not looking at our squad come 31st Jan.

Goodness no. We had him before. He only comes up to Lamberts waist and will not be suited to this league at all.

Think a few clubs might be sniffing around after Rickie, based on his form dropping off a cliff since last season. Could act in our favour - getting a new striker in and moving Lambert off the wage bill. (didn't think i'd be up for that 5 months ago!)

Oh and Hamster must be lying, nobody enjoyed yesterdays game ;)

No pardew 'though, he's got that long haired **** who keeps bangin' 'em in at Toon

Andy you need to buy a tempura bed so that you can sleep better at nights.

It ain't gonna happen! Stop worrying!

For starters Lallana ain't that good, it's only us deprived fans who think he is 'cos he seems like the only half decent bloke we've got left.

Secondly he has more off days than on days; far too much of his jinky mazy razzle-dazzle antics end up in comedy errors with him sat on his Rrse.

He's no fool and realises he ain't gonna be automatic England21 quality anytime soon, which ensures he won't be guaranteed a starting place in a Premier League side.

You only have to reflect on Drew (Who?) Surman at Wolve and Theo (Super-Sub) Walcott to realise that.

Newcastle's midfielders:

Nolan.

Barton.

Guthrie.

Routledge.

Tiote.

Gosling.

Alan Smith.

Gutierrez.

Vuckic.

There are also two 19 year olds and one 18 year old in the Newcastle squad who play in midfield.

Where does Lallana fit in?

He doesn't. He won't go to Newcastle anyway.If AP were to come calling for one of our players I suspect it would be Morgan but I think his move back to France is already in the pipeline anyway and has been since NA dropped him on his return from international duty.

On the Scvnthorpe Forum, One poster seems pretty certain that Joe Murphy (their keeper) is off to us in Jan.

A keeper what the hell do we need a keeper for? Even if KD has to be replaced (and despite saturday I don't think he does) Bart is an very good replacement, I think we have more pressing needs HTBH.

A keeper what the hell do we need a keeper for? Even if KD has to be replaced (and despite saturday I don't think he does) Bart is an very good replacement, I think we have more pressing needs HTBH.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have half the S****horpe side here come the end of January, it's all NA knows about.

Bart and Davis both have poor distribution, in my opinion. I agree a keeper isn't a priority, but i wouldn't be devestated to see Murphy become our number 1.

For starters Lallana ain't that good, it's only us deprived fans who think he is 'cos he seems like the only half decent bloke we've got left.

Secondly he has more off days than on days; far too much of his jinky mazy razzle-dazzle antics end up in comedy errors with him sat on his Rrse. He's no fool and realises he ain't gonna be automatic England21 quality anytime soon, which ensures he won't be guaranteed a starting place in a Premier League side.

You only have to reflect on Drew (Who?) Surman at Wolve and Theo (Super-Sub) Walcott to realise that.

Slightly Harsh IMO.

Secondly he has more off days than on days; far too much of his jinky mazy razzle-dazzle antics end up in comedy errors with him sat on his Rrse.

He's no fool and realises he ain't gonna be automatic England21 quality anytime soon, which ensures he won't be guaranteed a starting place in a Premier League side.

What have England U21s got to do with it anyway. Lallana is going on 23

I wouldn't be surprised if we have half the S****horpe side here come the end of January, it's all NA knows about.

As proven by his only signing to date, Richard Chaplow. Oh. :blush:

Adkins has signed one player, which pretty much everyone agrees has been a great signing and exactly what we needed. I'd be pretty confident at this stage, based on RC, that he knows what we need and has a good idea who he wants.

As much as i don't think it is a pressing need, i have been saying for some time now that i reckon NA will sign a keeper. I just don't think, in the way he speaks about him he is too confident with Davis in goal.

If he is a decent replacement i will be very happy as although Davis is a great shotstopper, seems a top bloke and reletively loyal servant (compared to offers recieved) he still worries me as a big c*ck up always feels around the corner and he is a crap communicator and distributer.

I agree on the main premise however, if a GK is our only signing i will be pretty worried.