What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Might be spamming this thread, but f*ck it. Just stumbled across this band, couple of great songs but I think this is the jewel in the crown.

Their album Absolute Zero is definitely worth a listen.

Not if it's anything like this song. Awful, pretentious tripe. 'Shut the fck up love' is what springs to mind.

Latest Long Player from Dylan Ross (not the racehorse), fantastically odd rapper/producer from the Florida Alt-Rap scene.

http://ilovedylanross.bandcamp.com/album/the-castle-of-depression

Homie has been doing this sh!t for a while now and I really really like it.

This is pretty darn dark and disturbing, in the best way.

When I say 'odd' I mean ODD.

I've also become bewitched with a mysterious lost album from 1983 that's just been re-released.

Legend has it the bloke who made it rocked up for the album photo shoot in a posh sports car and a girlfriend with model looks on his arm. When the photographer tried to bank the cheque it bounced, and no one heard from him again.

A few years ago some crate digger came across the album in a junk shop, bought it and started to investigate the music and the man who made it. It's now come out again on vinyl and cd. It could be described as a synth Nick Drake with slight similarities to Angelo Badalamenti and even mellower Springsteen. Whatever, there's something incredibly intriguing about it's hushed, understated delivery and melencholic tones.

Bookmarks for tomorrow.

It's one half of a double album. This half is like inter-dimensional alien abstract hip hop.

The other album features a host of rappers (Kool Keith, Del the Funky Homosapien etc) rhyming over Qbert Thud Rumble madness.

All good.

Saw this band a couple of weeks ago, they were incredible live. This is their new single, first album out next month.

[video=youtube;7deSgu3-Fb0]

Sorry, I'll stop in a minute before Ron berates me again :blush: . But these guys are really good too. Saw them support Drenge earlier this year and I agree, incredible.

Sorry, I'll stop in a minute before Ron berates me again :blush: . But these guys are really good too. Saw them support Drenge earlier this year and I agree, incredible.

I saw them support Parquet Courts in Oxford. There was mosh pits and crowdsurfing, beer being lobbed about. 20 years ago I'd have been right in the middle of it, nowdays I lean against the wall by the bogs!

I saw them support Parquet Courts in Oxford. There was mosh pits and crowdsurfing, beer being lobbed about. 20 years ago I'd have been right in the middle of it, nowdays I lean against the wall by the bogs!

Haha sounds similar to when I saw them. I usually hang around a bit further back, but me and a mate got a pi**ed and went in with the kids down the front. Good fun.

How were Parquet Courts out of interest? I'd be keen to see them.

As you may have guessed from above I like Childhood too. Seen them as supports a few times, pretty decent live.

I do like the "jangly, summery, reverb soaked indie" sound, been listening to a fair bit of Diiv, Beach Fossils & Real Estate recently. I'll give Horsebeach a go.

How were Parquet Courts out of interest? I'd be keen to see them.

They were excellent. I'd only caught the last 15 minutes of them at a festival last year so made sure I got to see them this time. When they went from a 5 minute feedback tinged psych jam straight in to the balls out punk of Master Of My Craft and Borrowed Time back to back things got pretty messy.

Guest post by me seeing as I'm way too mainstream to normally frequent this thread.

But just got the album 'Forever Tomorrow' by Weekend Sun, courtesy of Hero Records. Described as "soul, funk, jazz, hip hop and reggae-flavours"

http://www.herorecords.co.uk/?p=2377

Some of you might like it. Or maybe not.

The label was started by a Saints fan and DJ friend of mine, the name is based on his own releases which are released under the name 'Hero Number 7'... no prizes for guessing why. :)

Edited by Minty

To celebrate the excellent news that TV on the Radio have a new album coming out soon, I have been reliving their excellent set at Glastonbury in 2011 which is still one of the finest (and hottest) I have seen. This and the cover of Ghostbusters that followed just after being the highlights!

Only just discovered this lot, seems they've been around for a couple of years. I like this song, features King Krule (who i've never got into personally). Thought i'd share it.

I'm a big fan of their first album.

This is a great tune from it.

For some reason I decided to stick this on whilst being a data trawling bîtçh for the afternoon. Really regret it now. I want it again

Meh. I've gone off them with this album. Too overproduced for my liking. They seem to have crawled up their own backsides.

They f.ucking rocked when I saw them at Brixton Academy in 2007 though. The crowd were singing No Cars Go all the way back to the tube station.