What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

• 2 weeks later...
Be grateful for that...any idea what two tracks they play on Radio 2. ;)

Thankfully I haven't listened to Radio 2 since having a job where it was always on in the office. I do though have a soft spot for Ken Bruce and his continual efforts to find a Popmaster contestant who knows the answer to a question about the New Seekers.

They definitely pull out Here Comes Your Man on occasion too. Usually gets me bopping away at my desk, much to the amusement of those around me.

Damn. Forgot that one. It's kind of my main issue with daytime 6Music. Bung in the odd album track, no one will mind and lots will enjoy it.

Damn. Forgot that one. It's kind of my main issue with daytime 6Music. Bung in the odd album track, no one will mind and lots will enjoy it.

I only really listen to Lauren's show to be fair so don't get it too bad. I've probably said it before, but I really just want to be her mate. For me she plays a good mix of stuff I like/know (a good variety too, not many shows will play The Ronettes & Mastodon in the same hour) and new stuff I havn't heard. Other than that I tune in for some guest shows like the John Cooper Clarke ones.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

I only really listen to Lauren's show to be fair so don't get it too bad. I've probably said it before, but I really just want to be her mate. For me she plays a good mix of stuff I like/know (a good variety too, not many shows will play The Ronettes & Mastodon in the same hour) and new stuff I havn't heard. Other than that I tune in for some guest shows like the John Cooper Clarke ones.

I'm usually too busy in the morning (retired folk ya know) but do usually catch a bit of Lauren's show and then on into Radcliffe & Maconie until 2.30 when the dog bothers me for a walk in the country...hard life. ;)

I'm usually too busy in the morning (retired folk ya know) but do usually catch a bit of Lauren's show and then on into Radcliffe & Maconie until 2.30 when the dog bothers me for a walk in the country...hard life. ;)

Sounds glorious.

Though not sure about the country, I'm a city boy. Go bonkers in the country. Though, that may change with time.

The War On Drugs - Lost In the Dream

Still persevering with this. Can't decide if it's 80s MOR rubbish or not. Just a touch of the Chris Rea about it....

Just to qualify that...I do like it...I just feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

I see they're playing at the Guildhall - actually a band whose sound might benefit from the murky acoustics. Think I might get along to it.

Just to qualify that...I do like it...I just feel a bit uncomfortable about it.

I see they're playing at the Guildhall - actually a band whose sound might benefit from the murky acoustics. Think I might get along to it.

Saw them in the summer. They were excellent live. I'm going to the Guildhall gig.