What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Missed it when first released...

Burial - Street Halo

Almost too awesome for words.

Also on the same label:

Jessy Lanza - Pull My Hair Back

Both are amazing. Hyperdub put out some real good releases. Burial is always my go to artist when travelling on trains out of the city late at night. Just fits that time and place so perfectly.

If you like that sort of thing and haven't heard Actress then get on it. He's done some quality stuff.

Both are amazing. Hyperdub put out some real good releases. Burial is always my go to artist when travelling on trains out of the city late at night. Just fits that time and place so perfectly.

If you like that sort of thing and haven't heard Actress then get on it. He's done some quality stuff.

Cheers - I'll give it a go. I haven't lived in London for a good few years now but Burial almost makes me feel nostalgic for nightbuses.

Off to see Caribou supported by Jessy Lanza next month - should be a belter.

[video=youtube;t77tzkmQ-Mc]
of%20input%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.c om%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt77tzkmQ-Mc)

Love me some Dan Mangan - this is an old song of his but this performance still gives me goosebumps each time I hear it.

Always been one of them I've heard of, but never heard much of. Enjoyed this though, so cheers.

.....and two albums connected to the anniversary of WWI. "Centenary", a collaboration between Show of Hands, Imelda Staunton and Jim Carter, with poetry and music and "In Flanders Field" by Coope, Boyes and Simpson , a superb double CD of songs connected with and about WWI.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Also really like the new Jackson Browne album "Standing in the Breach". Looking forward to seeing him at RAH next month.

I've been listening to this one all week, too. I particularly love the final track. Simple but beautiful. I'm not so keen on his overtly political songs. He can tend to get a bit preachy ("Which Side", for example).

Yes tend to agree about the preachy stuff but overall I have always loved the man's music....Late For the Sky being my favourite record of all time.

Yes, it's a great album. Of the more recent ones, I think the best is "I'm Alive", which features the gorgeous "Sky Blue and Black". The album deals with the fallout from his divorce from Daryl Hannah.

Should add that I saw Jackson Browne first at The Riverboat Coffeehouse in Toronto in about 1972-73. David Lindley (great in his own right!) was accompanying on second guitar, mandolin and fiddle.

Edited by Hamilton Saint

Ha, a mate sent me this earlier today. I only dabble with Hip-Hop, but I really like this.

I feel you and I should have a pint and talk about music sometime. We don't agree on it all, but hey, that's what makes it fun.

Nice one. I'd be up for that. Keep an eye out for a gig we'd both like, I'm always happy to travel up to London for them.

Had to ditch seeing Caribou and Jessy Lanza (sob!) this Friday but am off to see Hookworms on Saturday instead. Silver linings etc.

Listening to Traams for the first time (supporting Hookworms) - who are alright, I reckon.

Gutted for you about the Caribou/Jessy Lanza gig. Hookworms are great - I have the new album on pre-order.

Tempted by the new Sleater Kinney record too but I've spent far too much on vinyl recently.

http://slyvinyl.com/indierock/sleater-kinney-cities-love-limited-deluxe-white-lps-bonus-white-12

Got my Sleater Kinney ticket.

I'm very excited about it - will be seeing them in Manchester instead of London. They've been on the car stereo quite a bit recently.

I've also started listening to established "car movie" songs when driving about. This sends ms pap f**king mad :)

"Convoy" also does her head in :)

Had the new Twilight Sad album on today. I think they're one of those bands that takes a while to grow into their sound, and although their earlier albums were great this one is on a whole new level. Might well be my favourite album of the year!

Given this a few listens now. Really like it.

Still think there is room for it to really grow on me though. Wouldn't mind getting out to see them play this.