What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

She is very lovely. Very , very lovely.

Haha I saw this a few weeks back. It's great.

There's just something so alluring about her. I just want to follow her around and stroke her hair.

Still love the album, been on repeat of late. Birth in Reverse is just great.

Hoping she gets a slot at Glasto.

• 2 weeks later...
[video=youtube;j-KulvW2TUQ]

Saw Ms. Garbis at the Sage, Gateshead, when touring her last album. One of the very best gigs I've been to, amazing to see how she constructed all the multi-layered harmonies in her songs, live.

Really liking the new material as well.

Wild Beasts - A Present Tense - is the best album for me this year. I'm a bit of an uber-fan, but don't think there is a better band in Britain at the moment (or for the last few years). New album is more lyrically direct than previous albums with a more synth-driven sound, but still they sound like nobody else around. Utterly brilliant. Prime cut is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VsgIgV4NNI

Agreed. Brilliant album from one of the best bands in the country. Saw them live for the first time last week, it was magical.

Very jealous! I was going to go to the Glasgow gig on the current tour, but the gf had a hen night to attend so couldn't make it unfortunately. I've seen them a few times now - the last when they played 'Smother' in full - and they've been incredible every time.

If there are any Field Music fans on here, then I'd also recommend this tune by 'School of Language' - basically the side-project of Peter Brewis, from Field Music. Looking forward to seeing them next Monday:

Edited by Toon Saint

Very jealous! I was going to go to the Glasgow gig on the current your, but the gf had a hen night to attend so couldn't make it unfortunately. I've seen them a few times now - the last when they played 'Smother' in full - and they've been incredible every time.

If there are any Field Music fans on here, then I'd also recommend this tune by 'School of Language' - basically the side-project of Peter Brewis, from Field Music. Looking forward to seeing them next Monday:

Cheers, will give this a listen in a bit.

Saw and enjoyed Field Music at Glasto a few years back. Good festi music.

You don't stand for something, you fall for anything.

Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

(instructions for use; wait until very sunny day, then cruise around local barrios with tune on full blast and elbow hanging out of window, etc)

(instructions for use; wait until very sunny day, then cruise around local barrios with tune on full blast and elbow hanging out of window, etc)

I love the image of you ricin' round 'pool doing that Pap.

A great week ahead on 6Music and Radio 2. A week of Britpop to celebrate 20 years since that era. A week full of Pulp, Bluetones, Marion, Ash and the 60ft Dolls.

Steve lamacq and Jo Whiley reunite for brand new Evening Sessions every night.

I'll be digging out some GCSE revision to really feel like i'm back in 1995

Choooooon!

My motor has a 6 CD changer in it. All the rage in the early 2000s, apparently.

Three out of the six CDs are Bon Scott-era AC/DC.

Would have loved to have seen them back then. Unfortunately, I was a bit too young. Anyone ever see this line-up?

Still listening to AC/DC, and have finally given some serious time to Powerage.

It's the least recognised of their early albums. Aside from Sin City, a single from the album that is itself a bit overlooked, not much of this album gets played at concerts. That's both a shame and a blessing. There is perhaps one weak track on it, meaning that anyone approaching it fresh is in for a treat. It's also surprisingly dancey :)

[video=youtube;ErXbMB9R5-0]

A question for the older farts on here.

Who recorded that single, "South of the river"? It was back in the late 70s/early 80s, and recorded by a rock journalist with a session band. I think it was meant as a pop at Lydon and the Pistols, but I could be wrong about that. A kind of blues-rock number, with harmonica backing. The opening line was "little brother, I don't think you understand the rules of the game".

It wasn't a mainstream song, and I don't think it even hit the charts. Been driving me mad trying to remember who did it.

A question for the older farts on here.

Who recorded that single, "South of the river"? It was back in the late 70s/early 80s, and recorded by a rock journalist with a session band. I think it was meant as a pop at Lydon and the Pistols, but I could be wrong about that. A kind of blues-rock number, with harmonica backing. The opening line was "little brother, I don't think you understand the rules of the game".

It wasn't a mainstream song, and I don't think it even hit the charts. Been driving me mad trying to remember who did it.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1889715-Blast-Furnace-The-Heatwaves

The new Gruff Rhys album is all types of good.

Anyone into blues could do worse than getting a copy of the reissued London Sessions by Howlin' Wolf. He has one heck of a backing band on it despite Clapton's presence.

The Millie & Andrea album has been satisfying my liking for dark, moody beats. Thee Oh Sees new record is a cracker and I really like what I've heard from the new Parquet Courts album.

Just re bought levelling the land by the levellers.

Not the sort of music I usually listen to but it was a big part of my first few years at Uni and it is a bloody great album with some fantastic tracks.

Finally getting my vinyl digitised