Saints 2 Preston 1 Match & Reaction Thread

St Chalet

Strange one. Left back, debut game, playing up front?

I think the way they team is written down here is misleading. Reeves will play left back with Dickson left-mid or the other way round. Forte and de Ridder will be up front with Holmes right mid. However, plenty of scope for NA to move them around and keep PNE guessing! I think it would be a mistake to underestimate any Saints line up at the moment, that side still has ten players capable of playing in the 'first' team and who have done so in recent times. Only Reeves is a 'risk' and when better to give him a chance?

I think the way they team is written down here is misleading. Reeves will play left back with Dickson left-mid or the other way round. Forte and de Ridder will be up front with Holmes right mid. However, plenty of scope for NA to move them around and keep PNE guessing! I think it would be a mistake to underestimate any Saints line up at the moment, that side still has ten players capable of playing in the 'first' team and who have done so in recent times. Only Reeves is a 'risk' and when better to give him a chance?

Wrong

Reeves is playing in the hole behind Forte just set him up with a difficult chance

I'm intrigued by Reeves, he played the first half against FC Biel in pre-season at left-back, but has now changed to an attack-minded midfielder. Anyone got any insight on why that might have been (either why he was playing at left-back in Switzerland if he's naturally an attacking midfielder, or why he's now an attacking midfielder if he's naturally a left-back)?

I'm intrigued by Reeves, he played the first half against FC Biel in pre-season at left-back, but has now changed to an attack-minded midfielder. Anyone got any insight on why that might have been (either why he was playing at left-back in Switzerland if he's naturally an attacking midfielder, or why he's now an attacking midfielder if he's naturally a left-back)?

Maybe no one else to play up front and a bit of a hail mary pass from NA?

Did recall seeing he'd been tried further forward in a development game.

he seems to have got a lot of space in the first 10 mins or so will see if he can make it work maybe a new Lallana?

8)

According to the font of all knowledge that is Fifa, Reeves is a left back. I can only presume that NA has decided that his talents are best used elsewhere.

Evening All.

Wotcha matey

Money sent but still not been upgraded to Full Member yet!! So I'll get my money's worth out of this freebie!!

How's the hobbling going? Mrs EoA will be on zimmer for another 10 weeks yet unless she gets confident on crutches.

Tickets arrived for Burnley today ... please let us win handsomely please please please. One of my girlies is coming along with me and hopefully keeping me out of trouble - meeting up with some mates in a pub called Ministry Of Ale - sounds like the start to a good day out!!

Shame tonights game wasnt at Preston - i could have been there easy. my 3-1 prediction tonight maybe in doubt unless the big guns get a run out for the last 10 mins.

COYS you can beat this lot.

1 down 2 to go!!

Wotcha matey

Money sent but still not been upgraded to Full Member yet!! So I'll get my money's worth out of this freebie!!

How's the hobbling going? Mrs EoA will be on zimmer for another 10 weeks yet unless she gets confident on crutches.

Tickets arrived for Burnley today ... please let us win handsomely please please please. One of my girlies is coming along with me and hopefully keeping me out of trouble - meeting up with some mates in a pub called Ministry Of Ale - sounds like the start to a good day out!!

Shame tonights game wasnt at Preston - i could have been there easy. my 3-1 prediction tonight maybe in doubt unless the big guns get a run out for the last 10 mins.

1 down 2 to go!!

It's got it's own brewery on site (Moonstone) - I may even be there myself!!!

Wotcha matey

Money sent but still not been upgraded to Full Member yet!! So I'll get my money's worth out of this freebie!! Maybe we're trying to tell you something

How's the hobbling going? Mrs EoA will be on zimmer for another 10 weeks yet unless she gets confident on crutches. I walked up stairs (one at a time) but with no crutch today - woo hoo! Youch for Mrs EoA - if you love her you should upgrade her return ticket - can't let her sit in cattle with a Zimmer

Tickets arrived for Burnley today ... please let us win handsomely please please please. Oh crap - I better change the Prediction League to a Lose then

One of my girlies is coming along with me and hopefully keeping me out of trouble - Your Kids can work miracles? lol no way Jose meeting up with some mates in a pub called Ministry Of Ale - sounds like the start to a good day out!! TSW travellers - if you see EoA he promised to buy you all the beer you can drink, honest

Shame tonights game wasnt at Preston - i could have been there easy. my 3-1 prediction tonight maybe in doubt unless the big guns get a run out for the last 10 mins. Good it was at SMS my lad gets 2 games in one week, also we have a better chance of winning if you not there.

1 down 2 to go!!

How many games have you ever seen us win on your early in the season trips home?