Jimmy Savile

sperm_john

The independent is another paper that brings innocent and non relevant people into the equation

What has Nigel havers got to do with this story . He's an actor who happens to be the son of the late attorney general .

So in my mind not relevant reporting material .

Depressingly, the non-relevant person was probably included so that the story would be relevant to celebrity obsessed readers.

Yeah, but aren't you adding to the Independent's irrelevant coverage of that individual? :)

I'm sure it's there as a titbit to give the readers some context about her connections, and the aforementioned celebrity factor.

I don't think she's the best person for the enquiry; the linked article alleges that she repeatedly tried to keep a CofE bishop from being named. We were already dealing with the prospect of her brother potentially being a target of investigation. There are now allegations that she has done some of the very things she is being asked to look into.

Not an ideal candidate to start with, and should certainly step down in favour of someone less contentious until the allegations against her are dealt with.

Edited by pap

72945631.jpg

1969365_1446680915609606_6094832198922940253_n.jpg

Dead ringers?

Mirror alleges her brother, Judge Havers, hired underage rentboys:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-i-3848987

And good old Maggie covered it up:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/margaret-thatcher-personally-covered-up-3848836#ixzz37LLDH5EU

This isn't looking very promising, all told - and I'm only looking at it from the perspective of someone of someone alarmed at the prospect of paedophilia within the establishment. I can't imagine how it must have felt to have been a victim of these people, knowing that there is nowhere to turn and that the justice system is not there for you.

It's good that she's stepped down, it was a bizarre decision to have someone so closely linked in charge of it.

If there was widespread abuse going on in the 80's then there should be plenty of victims around now to report the offences to the Police. The plod will have to act on any complaint in today's climate.

Another dossier went unreported.

Editor of the Bury Messenger threatened with arrest for not handing the dossier over.

First, Hale said he was visited by the Liberal MP for Rochdale, Cyril Smith, who tried to persuade the journalist that it was "all poppycock".

Second, Hale said special branch officers arrived at the Messenger's office, showed him a D-notice and warned him of imprisonment if he failed to hand over the dossier.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/jul/15/daily-star-sunday-cyril-smith

Is there anything more on WH than a photo with JS?

Lived on Dolphin Square.

http://google-law.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/pimlico-mps-debauched-parties-with-rent.html

Accused of stifling report into North Wales abuse by Messham (the guy that named, then unnamed McAlpline). Kept the scope local.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9663457/William-Hague-stifled-1996-paedophile-report-says-victim.html

Quite a few folk have suggested similar today. Bailing before the sh*tstorm strikes.

Possibly. I've seen him named several times as a person of interest, particularly because of his residency at Dolphin Square (Pimlico was dubbed Pimp-lico by Tory wags due to the high availability of rent boys). Little would surprise me as it did when the Savile revelations first broke.

A lot of people on this thread have felt that light entertainers were the tip of the iceberg. This week, we've learned that Margaret Thatcher personally covered up abuse. Edwina Currie's autobiography, the source from which we learned that Maggie's PPS was a "noted pederast" with a liking for young boys, at least gives her the option of the benefit of the doubt. Edwina reckoned she either didn't know or was taking a risk. I think she was wrong on both counts; she did know and it was no risk.

The previous Tory Prime Minister Edward Heath was a regular visitor to Jersey, and has been named as not only an abuser, but also murderer of children. The investigation never got off the ground there, and is still suppressed to this day.

What's disturbing is that Savile seemed to have been everywhere. Now maybe we're just looking for it now, but this was a man that was connected to political leaders, the Vatican and royalty. He'd spend Christmas at Chequers and boasted of being called in to patch up things between Charles and Di.

There's no way he had that level of access to so many VIPs without the intelligence services knowing exactly what he was.

Quite a few folk have suggested similar today. Bailing before the sh*tstorm strikes.

This could be one of those mcApline moments where a lot of ill informed people start gobbling off on social media without a shred of evidence to back it up.

This could be one of those mcApline moments where a lot of ill informed people start gobbling off on social media without a shred of evidence to back it up.

I don't think McAlpine is a good example. He was named in print in the early 1990s as a paedophile by Scallywag magazine. He didn't sue that publication then, although perhaps coincidentally, both of the authors of that piece are now dead, well before their time.

The moment you speak of is surely the Newsnight case, in which Steven Messham named McAlpine as his abuser, then recanted claiming it was mistaken identity. Convenient; pretty much the only outcome that would get McAlpine completely off the hook, with further scrutiny surely discouraged after the high profile libel actions against Alan Davies and Sally Bercow. The man is now dead. Don't be too surprised if his name comes out during the inquiries.

So politics have forced her to resign ( not the best idea to appoint her ) but here we see the dirty side of party politics. But a lady with integrity has had her integrity severely tarnished

But this weasel Anthony Gilberthorpe is something else . I wonder what his motive is that he runs to the mirror again with an exclusive about four dead former Tory MP's . Why has he decided to go to the mirror at this time . Apart from getting a few quid out of them

It's not the first time he's done it . Look at this article in 1997 . . It's not disclose how much this weasel was paid ,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/anatomy-of-a-sting-how-an-mp-was-trapped-1236130.html

And as for his suggestion it was easy to take rent boys into the hotel . There was heightened security at the time because an increase of terrorist attacks in the uk and London .

Unless every police officer and undercover officer turned a blind I then I don't think what Gilberthorpe is saying is strictly true . Maybe he has embellished his story a bit

I don't hear the mirror saying any thing about a labour MP who was subsequently elevated to the lords .

Sad thing is you cannot prosecute dead people and equally they cannot defend themselves

Let the appropriate process take place and less of the trial by the gutter press

Scotland Yard detective instrumental in Stephen Lawrence case claims he was moved from his post after announcing intentions to investigate politicians for child abuse.

Speaking about his inquiries in 1998 into activity alleged to have taken place in Lambeth children's homes in the 1980s, retired detective chief inspector Clive Driscoll said that his work was "all too uncomfortable to a lot of people".

The Metropolitan police has now reportedly asked to discuss the claims with Driscoll, who told BBC Newsnight that he had a list of suspects he wanted to look at, including local and national politicians, adding: "Some of the names were people that were working locally. Some people that were if you like, working nationally, there was quite a mix really because it appeared that it was connected to other boroughs and other movement around the country."

He claimed that he was removed from his post after sharing his suspicions at a meeting with other officers.

"I certainly in a case conference disclosed suspects' names, 100%, but I was informed that was inappropriate and I would be removed from my post," he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/16/uk-detective-removed-post-alleged-child-abuse-claims

• 2 weeks later...

Let me pay soothsayer and predict some future arrests:

Harvey Proctor, Monday Club, well known convicted paedophile.

Sir Peter Bottomley. Worthing MP and Monday Club

Charles Irving

Leon Britton, Lord, ex Thatcher Minister

Peter Brooke, Life Peer

John Rowe, MI5, former MP

Cyril Smith's grave

Ron Brown

Colin Jordan, ex National Front Leader

George Tremlett, Former GLC Leader

Peter Campbell, Monday Club

Gary Walker, Sinn Fein

Cliff Richard,aged Pop Star, known at Elm Guest House as ‘Kitty’

Jess Conrad, aged ex Pop Star.

Ron Wells, aged Musician, aka ‘Gladys’ at Elm Guest House.

Richard Miles, Monday Club

Chris Denning, ex BBC DJ, convicted paedophile.

R Langley, Buckingham Palace Equerry

Terry Dwyer

Patrick Puddles

Louis Minster, Head of Richmond Social Services

Colin Peters, QC – a convicted paedophile sentenced to 8 years in 1989

Steve Everett, Senior Westminster Social worker

Ray Wire, so called expert on Paedophile therapy

Peter Glencross, editor of Monday Club newsletter

Guy Hamilton Blackwell, son of Westland Helicopters Chairman

Brian Earsy

Charles Irving

Peter Brooke, Life Peer

Cyril Smith's grave

Ron Brown

Gary Walker, Sinn Fein

Terry Dwyer

Patrick Puddles

Brian Earsy

Oh dear, your postmans going to be in the next few weeks.

Charles Irving

Peter Brooke, Life Peer

Cyril Smith's grave

Ron Brown

Gary Walker, Sinn Fein

Terry Dwyer

Patrick Puddles

Brian Earsy

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Paul Gambacinni not to be charged

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29574077

Another case that backs up the call for anonymity before being charged, although I also see the opposite argument in that naming those under suspicion encourages other victims to cone forward.

However, I can't help feeling that the police are using the "arrest and name" approach as a tree shaking exercise regardless of how much evidence they have amassed up to that point.