Yago Falque Joins on loan from Spurs

S-Clarke

Come on people, it's fair enough that Sibley uses social media to make us visit the official site more often. No need to get all insulted ;)

Spanish lad looks interesting - to me it's one of those "in Nigel I trust" players, as I know nothing about him...

If I'm honest with you, this guy sounds like the nuts. Really talented, can play left, right, in behind the striker.

Pacey by the sounds of it and incredibly talented with the ball....annoying that it's a loan, as I'm sure Spurs will have him back in their team next year.

I remember the signing of Danny Guthrie producing a pretty underwhelmed response by most, but he turned out to be exceptional for us.

OS article is confusing as it says he is still on the books of Juventus and then that Spurs have signed him permantly.

Happy to have him on the bus - even temporarily - but sincerely believe the squad needs a boost by a marquee "better than what we already have" signing and not sure either Lee or Falque meet that criteria. Hopefully that big signing will happen but not sure it will.

OS article is confusing as it says he is still on the books of Juventus and then that Spurs have signed him permantly.

Happy to have him on the bus - even temporarily - but sincerely believe the squad needs a boost by a marquee "better than what we already have" signing and not sure either Lee or Falque meet that criteria. Hopefully that big signing will happen but not sure it will.

Yep, our OS not too clear - Spurs confirm they have signed him, and immediately loaned to us...

I don't like loans unless they're with a view to a permanent signing, which doesn't seem likely if he's only just signed for the Spuds. However as NA has been doing so well for me I'm going to let him have this one.

Bad news for Holmes though I'd say.

And De Ridder!

Edited by Bearsy

Be quiet Jordan.

This line is an instant classic:

21 year-old Falqué played for each of the Real Madrid and Barcelona youth sides before turning professional, becoming accustomed to the style of passing play that Saints also promote.

Now we're so great, that only players from La Masia can actually get on the bus :D

This guy is supposed to be class. Shame it's not a loan with a view to a permanent, but I reckon if he succeeds here then Cortese could sort it!

Redknapp doing us a favour? Seems weird.

Must've signed for Spurs under the radar though, because I can't find a lot on him making his move to Spurs permanent. At one point in the article, it says he's on the books of Juventus, then towards the bottom it says he's signed for Spurs full time.

I hope we haven't done a dodgy Redknapp deal with the devil himself and will get rollocked for it.

Simon Peach posted a link on twitter to the Spuds OS before it appeared on ours announcing their permanent signing of the player. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/falque-signs-permanently-southampton-loan.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=falque-signs-permanently-southampton-loan