Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

The facts : Saints' kit deal runs out at the end of the season, and Umbro basically don't exist any more, having been bought by Nike, who took their best contracts and then sold off the brand name. So, as they can't sign a new contract with Umbro, even though a few teams are still getting new Umbro styles, Saints are pretty unlikely to be wearing Umbro next season.

That said, unlike Man City and England, we didn't have a valuable long-term contract to take over, so there's no more likelihood of Saints wearing Nike than any other brand, until we hear of the club signing a new deal.

So... with all that in mind, this thread is for any brand's 2013/14 styles, pointless speculation and general Saints-related kit yakkery...

Starting with Nike's 2013/14 Barcelona striped efforts :

Barca13-14.jpg

These would look pretty decent in red and white with black trim - I don't even dislike the "gradated" effect on the sleeves, better than the one on the front of the Barca shirts this season.

Puma's first offering for Plymouth here http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/the-2013-14-kit-the-options-470777.aspx would look horrible, but 2 and 3 would probably be ok with plain stripes.

A dubious Brazilian Arsenal website is claiming his very plain away for them (assuming they don't jump to adidas as claimed elsewhere)... anything like this would be alright provided it had "normal" stripes, IMO.

arsenal-brasil-2013-14-away-shirt-prediction.png

Oh, and Rochdale have already decided their Fila kit for 13/14 as well. Ho hum. Find it yourselves. ;)

The best edit I could do from the Barca shirt. I would quite like to see what Adidas could do with us though, I can't think of a team with stripes that they have off of the top of my head though.

wmmphu.pngmaillot-fc-barcelone-2013-2014-6.jpg

Addidas supply Stoke and Sunderland.

Sunderland-New-Home-Kit-2013.jpg

StokeCityHSS1213a.gif

As close as you would find to what we would expect.

We are of course assuming that there will be a return to stripes....

Addidas supply Stoke and Sunderland.

Sunderland-New-Home-Kit-2013.jpg

StokeCityHSS1213a.gif

As close as you would find to what we would expect.

We are of course assuming that there will be a return to stripes....

West Brom's too. They're pretty bland! I'd hope for something a bit more creative if we were to go with them next season.

1_201213-home-shirt-short-sleeves-navy-white.jpg

Re: the adidas kits, they're all the exact same template (as is Stoke's also striped away kit) and I just can't see how they could do anything decent for us that didn't look like one or the other of Stoke/Sunderland without NOT being stripes.

Here's the current (note, not 2013/14) Ajax kit - also the same basic adidas Climacool style, all material pieces in the same place, same trim, same shoulder shape, only difference is a slightly different collar.

New-Ajax-Home-Shirt-2013.jpg

Adidas is akin to renting out your uniqueness as a club nowadays, they're pretty low on my wishlist.

Edited by The9

The best edit I could do from the Barca shirt. I would quite like to see what Adidas could do with us though, I can't think of a team with stripes that they have off of the top of my head though.

ac32mq.pngmaillot-fc-barcelone-2013-2014-6.jpg

Needs a black collar, and maybe black sleeve blend. Oh, and that stupid white bit around the aap3. Nice work though, I expect to see it trumpeted on twitter as "SAINTS NEW KIT!!!!!!1One!!" about 10 times in the next 6 months.

Maybe with Cortese's Italian connections someone like Kappa could seem plausible. They already make fulham's kit in the premier league.

Siena's 12/13 kit:

siena-home-2012-13-595x483.jpg

Real Valladolid 12/13 kit:

2233p_Camiseta%201%20equipacion.jpg

I like the Siena shirt and think it would look quite nice as a Saints strip.

Imagine our beered up bellied fans in the Northam in Kappa shirts, it would give Turkish a heart-attack!

And for that reason, i'm in! :D

Maybe with Cortese's Italian connections someone like Kappa could seem plausible. They already make fulham's kit in the premier league.

I like the Siena shirt and think it would look quite nice as a Saints strip.

Siena's away shirt is red with white diamonds on the side (they beat Lazio in the Coppa Italia on ESPN live this afternoon) worried that'll be it now !

Incidentally, I think this is the LATEST that we've started the "new kit thread" in the last 3 years.

Siena's away shirt is red with white diamonds on the side (they beat Lazio in the Coppa Italia on ESPN live this afternoon) worried that'll be it now !

Incidentally, I think this is the LATEST that we've started the "new kit thread" in the last 3 years.

Yeah I saw that earlier, it is predominantly red though. Going back to the Adidas kits, Milan's is quite nice maybe too many stripes though.

18818.jpg

Yeah I saw that earlier, it is predominantly red though. Going back to the Adidas kits, Milan's is quite nice maybe too many stripes though.

18818.jpg

Harks back to an earlier AC Milan kit if I remember right. Looks good in Black/Red, but in White/Red would be a bit fussy.

• 2 weeks later...

Dubious Nike shirt for Boca Juniors 2013 - has some hummel-esque tendencies. Would be "interesting" in red/white/black.

Boca-Violet-2013.jpg

Also to be feared, two new adidas shirts for 2013 with ridiculous V-necks, Spain and Celta Vigo :

Spain2013Confederations.jpg

celta-special-real-madrid.jpg

Surely that's not the kit, it's just a cheap red polo shirt. Even football fans wouldn't be stupid enough to buy that....would they?

Well, it COULD be the shirt because of the sponsor - I was going to say the"Dri-Fit" label and the Nike label in the bottom right corner are in line with the usual branding of replica shirts rather than polo shirts, but this is an unsponsored Man City training shirt for 2013/14 and it's got the same Dri-Fit and black label.

ManchesterCityTraining.jpg

Same goes for this new Nike training shirt for England - same black label bottom right.

EnglandTraining.jpg

So yeah, it COULD be a training top, but they don't usually have the adverts for club sides. Obviously it's different for national teams who can only carry a sponsor on training kit.

Generally however, the kind of sites I go to for this kind of stuff are rarely wrong - and the people in their comments sections saying "fake" are usually wrong.

So yeah, it COULD be a training top, but they don't usually have the adverts for club sides.

Actually in United's case you can go one better - it can't be the training top, as their training kit carries DHL as a sponsor, not AON

Actually in United's case you can go one better - it can't be the training top, as their training kit carries DHL as a sponsor, not AON

Good point, forgot about that. Some spoon on the comments section under that pic was banging on how it was fake because they were getting Chevrolet in next season, but that's the season after. Also, in 2011/12 the Barca shirt leaks all had unicef on them and the actual shirts were Qatar Foundation - but the shirt was the same nevertheless :

LEAKED-barcelona-1112-away-UN.jpg

barcelona-home-shirt.jpg122955565_extra_large_medium.jpg

barcelona-away-black-plain-2011-12-sz-s-m-xl-d0d6f.JPG

Edited by The9

A couple more Nike efforts for 13/14 which show their Celtic and Man City kits : nothing of note for the City shirt, but the Celtic one shows the "thin stripes within wider stripes" motif which is similar to the Boca one. A Saints shirt with the Celtic hoop style in stripes would be pretty decent.

CelticHome1314.jpg

confirm-mancity.jpg

ac32mq.pngmaillot-fc-barcelone-2013-2014-6.jpg

Incidentally, just noticed that the Catalan flag away kit graphic there has different coloured sleeves AND a different shaped collar to the photo in the OP...

Also, if we happen to sign up with Puma, here are two of the options Odense have been presented with, two of which are clearly Puma's striped kits for 2013/14 (and apparently Option 1 is Newcastle's kit for next season too :

9082.jpg

9084.jpg

Edited by The9

18818.jpg

That's the 2011/12...

This is the 2013/14 AC Milan, for the adidas fans...

MILAN111_zpsd3b885c6.jpg

Away kit is of a similar style to the Spain and Celta Vigo shirts already posted :

MILAN222_zps08911f92.jpg

Chelsea 2013/14 is leaked here too, could be a template for an away kit if we go with adidas :

CHEEEL_zps8aa67b77.jpg

Edited by The9

Yeah the "skin-tight" shirts might not be a hit with "beered up bellied fans" but here is a little edit of their kit. Could work?

2zibiqf.png

I can see this taking off. Our average fan looks fat, scruffy and stupid so a tight fitting t-shirt would fit well with the rest of their gormless scruffy apperance.

That's the 2011/12...

This is the 2013/14 AC Milan, for the adidas fans...

MILAN111_zpsd3b885c6.jpg

Away kit is of a similar style to the Spain and Celta Vigo shirts already posted :

MILAN222_zps08911f92.jpg

Chelsea 2013/14 is leaked here too, could be a template for an away kit if we go with adidas :

CHEEEL_zps8aa67b77.jpg

Adidas really do make some minging kits.

• 2 weeks later...

If he was able to tell us which manufacturer was making the kit that might be helpful - and if he knows the colour he almost certainly knows who's making it.

It would stop me posting stuff like "this is the new Internacionale third" :

20130122-023256.jpg

...for all but the correct manufacturer anyway.

I'm guessing I'll be posting kits from the African Nations Cup next, Angola's does a good job of showing where the different "pieces" are on an adidas shirt for next season (and Morocco have the same massive V as Spain).

I haven't bothered posting Umbro kits because they basically don't exist any more and are only producing shirts to meet existing contracts. As our contract expires and we presumably have no one to negotiate with to get a new one, it would be quite a surprise if we ended up with an Umbro kit next season.

Also, the Japanese kits never show up in the western market, Gamba Osaka have been using 90s style shirts since the 90s.