Dean Stoneman

Saint137

Impressive return to racing this weekend following bollock cancer. Pole position and double win in the Porsche Carerra Cup at Brands. No mugs in that series and plenty of experience so looks like he's back to being proper fast. Was on the route to F1 until cancer hit, now he's going for sports/GTs. Future Le Mans winner.

Southampton-based, looking for sponsors by the look of the car...

Impressive return to racing this weekend following bollock cancer. Pole position and double win in the Porsche Carerra Cup at Brands. No mugs in that series and plenty of experience so looks like he's back to being proper fast. Was on the route to F1 until cancer hit, now he's going for sports/GTs. Future Le Mans winner.

Southampton-based, looking for sponsors by the look of the car...

Has the cancer ruined his chance of becoming a F1 driver? I remember him being very quick in some F1 test with other rookies.

Has the cancer ruined his chance of becoming a F1 driver? I remember him being very quick in some F1 test with other rookies.

I heard a test driver seat at the time for Williams was 1.5mil.... It's all about the money these days!!!

Think the problem is the cost, plus he's been out of single seaters for two years. Won F2, signed a contract for Formula Renault (pathway Raikkonen and I think Alonso took to F1), two days later was diagnosed with cancer. Press release says he has problems regulating testosterone levels, wonder if that affects his ability to build the physique needed for F1.

He's a better driver than 4 or 5 of the current F1 grid but doesn't have a Mexican or Venezuelan billionaire backing him. See also Kobayashi and Kovaleinen...

• 1 year later...