Official - Dejan Lovren Signs

Saint Garrett

Doesnt look very happy about it. Is that the kind of player we want here?

ay99960793paris-saint-germa-e1355929134308.jpg?w=650&h=325&crop=1

didn't get on with the coach at Lyon, then again there are always frasques between coaches and players at Lyon .Also frasques between the chairman and coaches,chairman and players, chairman and local politicians over their new stadium, in fact the chairman is a bit of a knob.

didn't get on with the coach at Lyon, then again there are always frasques between coaches and players at Lyon .Also frasques between the chairman and coaches,chairman and players, chairman and local politicians over their new stadium, in fact the chairman is a bit of a knob.

Obviously you're far more up on french footie than most of us...! What sort of CB is he? better than what we have? or just one for the future?

Obviously you're far more up on french footie than most of us...! What sort of CB is he? better than what we have? or just one for the future?

He's a good CB but he's also versatile. Can play at "lateral" means full back I suppose and as a DM. Has made a few untimely errors this season but that could well be down to his situation at Lyon. They went through a rough spell and Aulas doesn't hesitate to criticise individual players in the press or on TV. Plus Garde is about a quarter of the coach that Puel was and his iffy performance is of course the players fault. Lovren was signed by Claude Puel who is very rarely wrong about players but he

was unceremoniosly sacked by Aulas for no reason whatsover and replaced by Remi Garde his assistant or youth team coach or something. Puel cost Aulas far too much because of continual CL bonuses and he just sacked him.

Garde started alternating Lovren with the veteran Brazilian Cris (an Aulas favourite) and the youngster Umtiti and that didn't obviously go down at all well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

He's a good CB but he's also versatile. Can play at "lateral" means full back I suppose and as a DM. Has made a few untimely errors this season but that could well be down to his situation at Lyon. They went through a rough spell and Aulas doesn't hesitate to criticise individual players in the press or on TV. Plus Garde is about a quarter of the coach that Puel was and his iffy performance is of course the players fault. Lovren was signed by Claude Puel who is very rarely wrong about players but he

was unceremoniosly sacked by Aulas for no reason whatsover and replaced by Remi Garde his assistant or youth team coach or something. Puel cost Aulas far too much because of continual CL bonuses and he just sacked him.

Garde started alternating Lovren with the veteran Brazilian Cris (an Aulas favourite) and the youngster Umtiti and that didn't obviously go down at all well.

Cheers for that - Is he a ball player? Or more of an aerial beast?

(Basically, is he Killer or Claus?)

From what I have been told he didn't have the best of seasons last year?

Hopefully off-field issues maybe causing it.

No he didn't, he became the 4th choice center back this season after playing well last season and being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

I don't think his relationship with Remi Garde and Jean Michel Aulas helped things.

As for his attributes, the general concensus amongst most Lyon fans is that he is not tactically aware, not very quick and not very good on one on one situations. This may be on based on this season's performances.

Not overly impressed with this signing especially for the 10m euros price being talked about but let's judge him on his Saints perfomances before slating him.

-> Wait and see

No he didn't, he became the 4th choice center back this season after playing well last season and being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

I don't think his relationship with Remi Garde and Jean Michel Aulas helped things.

As for his attributes, the general concensus amongst most Lyon fans is that he is not tactically aware, not very quick and not very good on one on one situations. This may be on based on this season's performances.

Not overly impressed with this signing especially for the 10m euros price being talked about but let's judge him on his Saints perfomances before slating him.

-> Wait and see

he's going to fit right in next to Hooliveld then.

-> Wait and see

Like yer average Lyon fans knows anything about football. I work out of Lyon on occasions and the few that I've spoken to this week seem to think that Aulas is cutting off his nose to spite his face.Then again he's got a bit of a track record for that hasn't he. Remember this is the bloke who paid 28 million euros for Gorcuff.

Like yer average Lyon fans knows anything about football. I work out of Lyon on occasions and the few that I've spoken to this week seem to think that Aulas is cutting off his nose to spite his face.Then again he's got a bit of a track record for that hasn't he. Remember this is the bloke who paid 28 million euros for Gorcuff.

Well, I live in Paris and most of my friends are french and follow the Ligue 1 league closely.

When I texted 2 of them that we were interested in Lovren for 10 m euros, one texted me "aie" which means ouch in french and the other one said "you can do better for that price, Lyon fans can't wait to get rid of him."

Browsing Lyon forums later in the week seemed to confirm this.

Well, I live in Paris and most of my friends are french and follow the Ligue 1 league closely.

When I texted 2 of them that we were interested in Lovren for 10 m euros, one texted me "aie" which means ouch in french and the other one said "you can do better for that price, Lyon fans can't wait to get rid of him."

Browsing Lyon forums later in the week seemed to confirm this.

Which is fair enough if he hasnt had a good season that is bound to be their reaction, doesnt mean he isnt a good player. Look at the stick Ramirez gets here and the fact that over half of SWFers preferred Wotton over Morgan a couple of years ago!

The fact good teams have been keen on him is a good recommendation and Im sure we have done our homework if we do go for him.

If the paper reports are true that Milan, Chelsea and Liverpool were interested then he must have something about him. I am excited that we are looking at this sort of player and for this sort of money. No more snaffling round released lists, trying to pick up a freebie. If £10+ million is the going rate for an international defender then it seems wise to spend it on a younger player with the possibility of some resale profit at a later date.

Which is fair enough if he hasnt had a good season that is bound to be their reaction, doesnt mean he isnt a good player. Look at the stick Ramirez gets here and the fact that over half of SWFers preferred Wotton over Morgan a couple of years ago!

The fact good teams have been keen on him is a good recommendation and Im sure we have done our homework if we do go for him.

Totally agree, if he does become a Saint, I for one will be backing him fully and it will be interesting to see how he makes the transition from Ligue 1 to the Premier Ligue.

-> Wait and see

73 games for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and 17 caps for the 4th best national side in the world. He can't be that tactically unaware